THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery How far out can you place an ED order?

05-27-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
MegaMatt3
Bimmer Candidate
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i

How far out can you place an ED order?

So I've negotiated a good ED deal with a few salespeople (going to pick final deal soon), but my original schedule has changed a bit and instead of picking up in October, it's looking like April of next year (2016) will work better. The deals are all for 2016 models.

So before I even call anyone, what are they going to say if I want to keep the deal but not pick up until April? Is that possible? Or are they going to say "Come see us again in January and we'll re-negotiate."

If it is possible, would it mean submitting the paperwork to parent BMW and having them delay the build, or would it mean the dealer just sitting on the paperwork for a few months?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 11:28 AM   #2
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

6 months max and they sometimes have issues with reserving that far out as well. I did mine five months out because the 2015s had JUST started production.

You may be able to keep your deal, but it won't be submitted until later in the year.
      05-27-2015, 01:15 PM   #3
MikeT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Just a bit of unsolicited advice... If you're not picking up until April 2016, take a break from these boards for the next 6 months.

Seriously, I reserved my late June 2015 ED date about 3.5 months ago, and it seems like I've been waiting forever. Believe me, you don't want to spend the next 11 months planning your order/ ED purchase. It's a waste of your valuable time. If this year is out for you, let it go and come back around December.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 02:57 PM   #4
MegaMatt3
Bimmer Candidate
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
Just a bit of unsolicited advice... If you're not picking up until April 2016, take a break from these boards for the next 6 months.

Seriously, I reserved my late June 2015 ED date about 3.5 months ago, and it seems like I've been waiting forever. Believe me, you don't want to spend the next 11 months planning your order/ ED purchase. It's a waste of your valuable time. If this year is out for you, let it go and come back around December.
Appreciate the advice. April of next year wasn't my original plan. Originally I'd planned September/October this year, and secured a good deal for that timeframe. Now things have changed (ED companion(s) can't do it this year), so I need to move it out. Hence the predicament.
Appreciate 0