THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum $350 Credit for M235i Harman Kardon

09-24-2014, 06:25 AM   #45
mjposner
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 40i

BMW called me again to tell me they had given the dealer the $350 to its misc. account to cut me a check, but the dealer "never got the money." so hey said in October they will send the dealer another $350, so my check should arrive in October. I purchased in may to quell the haters and I am still more upset about the tires than the crappy stereo.

My Car Photo Blog: http://carfisheye.blogspot.com/
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 09:20 AM   #46
missxmelon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjposner View Post
BMW called me again to tell me they had given the dealer the $350 to its misc. account to cut me a check, but the dealer "never got the money." so hey said in October they will send the dealer another $350, so my check should arrive in October. I purchased in may to quell the haters and I am still more upset about the tires than the crappy stereo.
Bummer - hope they actually get it out to you this time. Don't worry about the haters... haters gon' hate.

And I'm with you - they definitely skimped on the tires.
///M235i | 2015 | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | 8-speed automatic | Driver Assistance Package | Premium Package | Technology Package | Heated Seats | Harman/Kardon Premium Sound | M Performance Exhaust w/ Chrome Tips | Black Kidney Grilles | Carbon Fiber: Mirror Caps, Interior w/ Alcantara Trim, and Brake Handle
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 11:29 AM   #47
s2ktan
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235 - Delivery - 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by missxmelon View Post
Hey guys - I placed my order on July 31st, 2014. For whatever reason, BMW NA didn't mention that there was a date cutoff or anything - they just offered me the refund. So I don't know if the date matters, at least not in all cases.
That is what is frustrating. I placed my order in June. My car's build was completed July 30.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 11:56 AM   #48
tbc417
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

I just called and they had no idea what I was talking about...
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 12:41 PM   #49
Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '19 M2 '21 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbc417 View Post
I just called and they had no idea what I was talking about...
Maybe they got wind that people are trying to take advantage of them.

Next we will have people who don't even have HK trying to get the rebate, because if they offer it and don't check why not

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #50
MG 228i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 m40i, 340i 6MT, i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killramos View Post

Next we will have people who don't even have HK trying to get the rebate, because if they offer it and don't check why not

They verify with your BMW account.
I was expecting them to ask for my VIN, but they never asked.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 12:50 PM   #51
tbc417
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Yeah they garrisoned my account but didn't know about the case by case rebate. not a big deal would of put the money back into m performance parts anyways and better speakers down the line.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 02:01 PM   #52
missxmelon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killramos View Post

Yeah, I'm sure that's what it was. People taking advantage of the customer service reps who simply pass on the answer from corporate.

Hey, I heard that Corvette owners were calling in and asking for the refund, too!
///M235i | 2015 | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | 8-speed automatic | Driver Assistance Package | Premium Package | Technology Package | Heated Seats | Harman/Kardon Premium Sound | M Performance Exhaust w/ Chrome Tips | Black Kidney Grilles | Carbon Fiber: Mirror Caps, Interior w/ Alcantara Trim, and Brake Handle
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 04:42 PM   #53
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Hopefully when it comes time for LCI, they will upgrade SA674 to SA688 so we can at least have the EQ . I should have bookmarked it but they are upgrading the standard system in the the 6-series (think it was 640) from option SA676 (M235i w/o HK) to option SA688.

There is still hope, I still have a hard time believe it went down from going from a 1-series to a 2-series and we went down in options on audio, 1-series had SA688 and surround sound, hopefully durnig LCI or the M2 will have it.

I know I decided not to purchase but first on dealers list for the M2, if it comes with option SA688, I will probably get it, I like the sound of the musc and the car.

What amazed me is the Audi A3 convertible has Bang & Olufsen as an upgrade, dont know what it sounds like the option 674 is the same option as the E46 series of cars with HK and about everyone hated it.

I dont see points on trying to pinch the pennies, if they even charged extra I would go for it, some people like music, I like cars and music but want it to sound decent and I know that is totally subjective.

Lets hope one day we get it
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 09:45 AM   #54
tke743
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2 Comp

Quote:
And I'm with you - they definitely skimped on the tires.
Still waiting on mine to be delivered, what is this about the tires?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 11:58 AM   #55
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Skimped on tires, wheels or wheel size
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 12:31 PM   #56
missxmelon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
Skimped on tires, wheels or wheel size
Yup
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 01:16 PM   #57
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

MJP got his car a while back when some dealers were still effing up the orders by adding a steptronic automatic option instead of the sport automatic option. This had the side effect of equipping the car with all seasons. This isn't happening anymore. Not sure why anyone would think the Michelin Pilot Super Sports are skimping...
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 01:22 PM   #58
SmallTownBoy
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i 6MT PSS BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
Not sure why anyone would think the Michelin Pilot Super Sports are skimping...
I have no complaints about the stock 18" wheels or the PSS. The 436M wheel style is a matter of subjective taste.
      09-26-2014, 01:32 PM   #59
missxmelon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
MJP got his car a while back when some dealers were still effing up the orders by adding a steptronic automatic option instead of the sport automatic option. This had the side effect of equipping the car with all seasons. This isn't happening anymore. Not sure why anyone would think the Michelin Pilot Super Sports are skimping...
Michelin PSS are great tires. However, they used too narrow of a tire/wheel. The cost of the more expensive PSS is recouped by using narrow wheels and tires. A wider michelin PSS would be better.

Subaru WRX STi uses 8.5in wheels with 245mm tires front AND back. It's a grip monster because of that. And though it's AWD, the AWD variant of out car uses laughable 225mm tires....

Last edited by missxmelon; 09-26-2014 at 01:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 01:48 PM   #60
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Michelin PSS are great tires. However, they used too narrow of a tire/wheel. The cost of the more expensive PSS is recouped by using narrow wheels and tires. A wider michelin PSS would be better.

Subaru WRX STi uses 8.5in wheels with 245mm tires front AND back. It's a grip monster because of that. And though it's AWD, the AWD variant of out car uses laughable 225mm tires....
The 2 has slightly smaller dimensions than the STi. And while I love to compare the 2 to every other car out there, the simple truth is that the STi is a low budget rocket that compromises less in terms of performance than the 2 series. It is a car aimed directly at driving enthusiasts who are paying for performance. BMW drivers obviously spend enough to get performance, but pay more for something else. As has usually been the case, if you want a less compromised car, you have to step up to a real M. While the M2 will severely price out many STi owners, the performance will be a step up as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #61
MG 228i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 m40i, 340i 6MT, i3S

BMW said they'd give me a call in 3-5 days.
How long has everyone been waiting?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 03:14 PM   #62
missxmelon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The 2 has slightly smaller dimensions than the STi. And while I love to compare the 2 to every other car out there, the simple truth is that the STi is a low budget rocket that compromises less in terms of performance than the 2 series. It is a car aimed directly at driving enthusiasts who are paying for performance. BMW drivers obviously spend enough to get performance, but pay more for something else. As has usually been the case, if you want a less compromised car, you have to step up to a real M. While the M2 will severely price out many STi owners, the performance will be a step up as well.
Sounds like you're saying narrow wheels on the M235i are a compromise... but for what? What are we getting in return? In your own words, BMW drivers obviously spend enough to get performance. If BMW had put wider wheels on the car, we would not be compromising anything for the increased performance.

Only allowing true M cars to have wider wheels is contrived.

That's what I meant by "skimping out."
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 03:15 PM   #63
missxmelon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG 228i View Post
BMW said they'd give me a call in 3-5 days.
How long has everyone been waiting?
I've been waiting a week, but I wasn't told that I'd get a call, just to expect a check in 3-4 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 03:29 PM   #64
SmallTownBoy
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i 6MT PSS BSM

Quote:
If BMW had put wider wheels on the car, we would not be compromising anything for the increased performance.
Are we? Would performance be improved by anything wider than a 225 on the front this model? Plenty of buyers are opting for a/s (not me), which certainly compromises summer performance.
      09-26-2014, 03:46 PM   #65
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like you're saying narrow wheels on the M235i are a compromise... but for what? What are we getting in return? In your own words, BMW drivers obviously spend enough to get performance. If BMW had put wider wheels on the car, we would not be compromising anything for the increased performance.

Only allowing true M cars to have wider wheels is contrived.

That's what I meant by "skimping out."
No. I was only speaking to your comparison of one car to another in a manner that suggested that the 2 series should be as performance oriented as the STi. I think you missed the point. The 2 series should not really be compared to a car that is directly aimed at performance.

The 2 series is well balanced. I could easily argue that adding a wider tire would not significantly improve performance, but what it would do is a) increase costs slightly - although I really don't think BMW's bean counters were the one that made the call on the tire widths, and b) increase ownership costs - more rubber means you have to pay more when you replace them.

How often are you exceeding the limits of the car in its current form?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 07:26 PM   #66
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

I sent a e-mail to BMW customer service and received a e-mail confirmation and told someone would be contacting me in a day or two. A week went buy and I received a call while on the clock so couldn't answer. Right after they left a voice mail I received a e-mail saying they have been unable to contact me (really? after one call?) and to contact them if there is anything else they can help me with. WTF guys.....of course they is something else. What I cantacted you morons about in the first place. So i have called 3 different days and left voice mails but no return call. I sent another e-mail and got conformation back saying "I see you have been helped by so n so....please call back and speak with so n so to address any other issues.

Like i said are you fuck'n kidding me.....I still love my car though
Appreciate 0