THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Dealer didn't order Summer Tires for x-drive

03-30-2015, 10:13 AM   #89
335BOY
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmercar View Post
even if they gave me new summer tires, I would still need to keep the A/S runflats, since I need those upon lease return since that's listed as stock tires on VIN
Thats what dealer should do for you. Keep runflats for you for lease return. Would be easy as they could just keep a used set. Simple cost effective solution.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 01:09 PM   #90
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340xi

Update.

I spoke with the dealer and they said they couldn't make any changes at the port to replace the tires.

They gave me a discount on the car for the mistake in the tires. I decided to take the car as is.

I won't track the car that often so the speed limit is fine. And even if I did track it, I might not have that much chance to go over 130 on the track.

I ordered a second set of staggered OEM wheels and M PSS tires from a forum member, so the square wheels that come with the car will be replaced with winter tires. Since I have second set of staggered wheels, I won't bother the dealer with getting me staggered wheels instead of the current square set of wheels(which is perfect for the winter tires).
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 01:19 PM   #91
335BOY
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 SQ5

Quote:
Update.

I spoke with the dealer and they said they couldn't make any changes at the port to replace the tires.

They gave me a discount on the car for the mistake in the tires. I decided to take the car as is.

I won't track the car that often so the speed limit is fine. And even if I did track it, I might not have that much chance to go over 130 on the track.

I ordered a second set of staggered OEM wheels and M PSS tires from a forum member, so the square wheels that come with the car will be replaced with winter tires. Since I have second set of staggered wheels, I won't bother the dealer with getting me staggered wheels instead of the current square set of wheels(which is perfect for the winter tires).

Nice work. YOU are the kind of person that people like to deal with. You are about to get flamed by the "use should get something for your troubles etc etc. " guys.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 01:23 PM   #92
opfreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BOY View Post
Nice work. YOU are the kind of person that people like to deal with. You are about to get flamed by the "use should get something for your troubles etc etc. " guys.
You mean that dealers like working with?

Unless the discount was large, theres a name for people that get taken advantage of... suckers.

Spending ~50k on a car you ordered a certain way, and getting something different is not called 'nice work'.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 01:26 PM   #93
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opfreak View Post
You mean that dealers like working with?

Unless the discount was large, theres a name for people that get taken advantage of... suckers.

Spending ~50k on a car you ordered a certain way, and getting something different is not called 'nice work'.
basically, based on my calculations, the car is sold to me at invoice, plus DMV fees and plates....
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 03:38 PM   #94
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

bimmercar, if your in the northeastern U.S. All-Season tires really are the smart choice.
Winter or summer nice Pirelli all season tires with all-wheel-drive that car is going to out handle most everything.
Kind of wish my 235 cut out 130 mph or 120 mph, it's just crazy how easy you can get into wacked out speeds playing around on deserted roads.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 03:51 PM   #95
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
bimmercar, if your in the northeastern U.S. All-Season tires really are the smart choice.
Winter or summer nice Pirelli all season tires with all-wheel-drive that car is going to out handle most everything.
Kind of wish my 235 cut out 130 mph or 120 mph, it's just crazy how easy you can get into wacked out speeds playing around on deserted roads.
Well, right now I already have the second set of staggered M PSS + wheels + TPMS that I ordered, so I will have that for summer. And I plan to get a set of winter tires. So I was joking to myself that I could have summer tires for summer, winter tires for winter, and all-seasons for spring and fall when the temperatures change a lot.... I think realistically, I will have a winter/summer setup, although where I live, the temperature fluctuates a lot when traveling to work and between night and daytime, sometimes, 22° F in early morning and 47° F mid-day in early spring...

Yes, I would say driving at high speed on deserted roads is fun, I had chance to drive in the south west, in the middle of no where at 120mph, that was fun, it was a rental hyundai car though. any higher speed, the car didn't feel stable...
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 04:27 PM   #96
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Yes, I would say driving at high speed on deserted roads is fun, I had chance to drive in the south west, in the middle of no where at 120mph, that was fun, it was a rental hyundai car though. any higher speed, the car didn't feel stable...
The M235i felt stable at 140mph (indicated).
      03-31-2015, 04:30 PM   #97
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu
Quote:
The M235i felt stable at 140mph (indicated).
Appreciate 0