THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Stainless steel foot pedals

03-26-2015, 09:50 PM   #1
dr.s
Rep
Drives: 2010 535xiT / 2015 M235xi

Stainless steel foot pedals

Anyone have the stainless steel pedals and have any comments? Pros and cons? Do they get a little slippery when wet? How are they holding up? Look nice when new but wonder if they get scuffed or scratched easily.

I have played with a set at the dealer and thought they were a little more slippery than a standard set, but not by much. Wondered though if wet from rain and snow, etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 10:55 PM   #2
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i, Estoril Blue on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.s View Post
Anyone have the stainless steel pedals and have any comments? Pros and cons? Do they get a little slippery when wet? How are they holding up? Look nice when new but wonder if they get scuffed or scratched easily.

I have played with a set at the dealer and thought they were a little more slippery than a standard set, but not by much. Wondered though if wet from rain and snow, etc.
I bought a set and self installed. No issues at all. To be fair, I have the 8AT, so only 2 pedals. Moving from the brake to gas has a great rubber lip that grips the foot.

This past weekend's track event was almost entirely in the rain. Never had one issue of the foot slipping off of either pedal, even with wet shoes. If your shoes do slip, I would recommend getting more driving focused shoes with softer rubber - absolutely no boots, they ruin the feel of the pedals.
      03-27-2015, 04:05 AM   #3
jwr0721
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i 6MT

Never understood the point of these. Why waste money on something like that? You almost never see them - and they get dirty and scuffed - and they have no discernible impact on vehicle performance.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 05:22 AM   #4
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy6698
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.s View Post

I bought a set and self installed. No issues at all. To be fair, I have the 8AT, so only 2 pedals. Moving from the brake to gas has a great rubber lip that grips the foot.

This past weekend's track event was almost entirely in the rain. Never had one issue of the foot slipping off of either pedal, even with wet shoes. If your shoes do slip, I would recommend getting more driving focused shoes with softer rubber - absolutely no boots, they ruin the feel of the pedals.
Which event was it?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 08:16 AM   #5
den525
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Great addition! Should've been in the car to begin with! BMW is very cheap in this case, even if they don't put it in the M235i, it's ridiculous even M3/4/5/6 etc. all have plastic cheap pedals.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 01:27 PM   #6
MG 228i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 m40i, 340i 6MT, i3S

I have the port installed M Performance ones.
They look the same to me after 9 months of daily driving.
Easy to clean, and I think it looks great when you enter the car.
The standard rubber ones look plain.

No issues in the rain, but then again we're in a drought here.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 10:50 PM   #7
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i, Estoril Blue on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
Which event was it?
Son of Quattrofest with the local ACNA. Luckily, their track season opens sooner than the BMW CCA :P
      03-28-2015, 09:02 AM   #8
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG 228i View Post
I have the port installed M Performance ones.
They look the same to me after 9 months of daily driving.
Easy to clean, and I think it looks great when you enter the car.
The standard rubber ones look plain.

No issues in the rain, but then again we're in a drought here.
I also have the M Performance pedals. They have been on for almost a year. They look great and have zero performance issues.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 07:51 PM   #9
politeskeptic
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i Estoril Blue

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
I was at the same rainy track event as hoppy6698 and I had no trouble with the M performance pedal covers. I have a manual, and heel and toe downshifts were never a problem. I have noticed them seeming slippery at other times out in the world, but on the track it was no trouble.
Appreciate 0