THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Dinantronics Sport Performance Tuner

07-21-2016, 07:44 PM   #45
zen0s
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
Nicely done! Looks good. Your're right, definitely no stage 1/2, but worth the $300. After my install, I left mine on "Race" (4psi) - I think the worst that could happen would be the CP cracking (~$300 at the dealer), but I don't think anything worse than that would crop up - IMHO. If you wanted to, you could be proactive and replace the CP with the ER CP or the pending less expensive VRSF CP (supposed to retail around $220US).

In any case, I think all will be well. Dinan tunes are somewhat conservative, but I suppose anything could happen. I'm personally not losing any sleep over it.
Thanks you!

I was actually looking at that CP, but I don't think they make one for xDrive vehicles

Oh well, I'm gonna enjoy every moment of it! Lol next Tuesday I'm actually getting a tune from well know local tune shop. They will be doing before and after dyno so I should be able to post my dyno result with MPPK+Dinan Sport Tune
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 11:40 PM   #46
jonahk
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 Porsche Macan  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Dyno charts from today:

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1286412
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2016, 11:44 PM   #47
jonahk
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
The app is definitely a work in progress and we have gotten a bunch of solid feedback to change it going forward. To answer your question though... the top on/off toggle is to turn the boost gauge on/off. The bottom on/off toggle turns off the app. At the moment it kind of functions as a reset button.
Does that bottom "Reset" button change any settings on the module or just leave it in the last programmed state?

I had to toggle the top button to have the boost gauge display anything, and I'm a but confused as to what the arrow button does; sets to gauge to zero? Max boost reported the same regardless.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 01:17 AM   #48
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahk View Post
Does that bottom "Reset" button change any settings on the module or just leave it in the last programmed state?

I had to toggle the top button to have the boost gauge display anything, and I'm a but confused as to what the arrow button does; sets to gauge to zero? Max boost reported the same regardless.
One the top boost gauge is activated the first thing you will want to do is push the blue button in the bottom right corner of the gauge (looks like a download arrow-- why that icon was chosen is beyond me). This resets the gauge back to zero and will allow the unit to give a more true boost number. There have been some wierd boost gauge things with some specific models like the M235i where it is reporting wrong info though... the 320i appears to be another model that it occurs with. Expect updates to the app that will resolve this (and hopefully change that app icon to something that makes more sense). Lots of good feedback on the app already with some changes and some other features that were coming down the pipeline anyway.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 09:36 AM   #49
jonahk
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
One the top boost gauge is activated the first thing you will want to do is push the blue button in the bottom right corner of the gauge (looks like a download arrow-- why that icon was chosen is beyond me). This resets the gauge back to zero and will allow the unit to give a more true boost number. There have been some wierd boost gauge things with some specific models like the M235i where it is reporting wrong info though... the 320i appears to be another model that it occurs with. Expect updates to the app that will resolve this (and hopefully change that app icon to something that makes more sense). Lots of good feedback on the app already with some changes and some other features that were coming down the pipeline anyway.
If it's truly a reset button, I'm confused as to why it will go from "Zero" to around 4-5 indicated between presses. A reset button should always reset to zero...

And I hate to ask but is there any update on the iOS version?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 10:11 AM   #50
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahk View Post
If it's truly a reset button, I'm confused as to why it will go from "Zero" to around 4-5 indicated between presses. A reset button should always reset to zero...

And I hate to ask but is there any update on the iOS version?
Between presses of what? The reset to zero button? If you are constantly pressing the button it will have issues as the translation from sensor to bluetooth to phone is a bit delayed so constant pressing the button will overload the data stream and wig the app out a bit. Another thing to note is you should be resetting to zero when the car is not running (engine off, ignition on) as when it is idling there is some residual pressure within the pipe it is taking the data from. They are also working on implementing a hard reset button into the app which essentially will take all the guesswork out of the app where you have to do certain things in order as it is now. The app is listed as BETA for a reason...Still have some kinks to work out. =)

Have not heard any updates on the iOS app.
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2016, 10:15 AM   #51
jonahk
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Between presses of what? The reset to zero button? If you are constantly pressing the button it will have issues as the translation from sensor to bluetooth to phone is a bit delayed so constant pressing the button will overload the data stream and wig the app out a bit. Another thing to note is you should be resetting to zero when the car is not running (engine off, ignition on) as when it is idling there is some residual pressure within the pipe it is taking the data from. They are also working on implementing a hard reset button into the app which essentially will take all the guesswork out of the app where you have to do certain things in order as it is now. The app is listed as BETA for a reason...Still have some kinks to work out. =)

Ah makes sense, thank you. Theres were time I had it reset with the car off, and times when I tried resetting it with the car running.

Now I know.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 11:47 AM   #52
Luminous
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen0s
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
Nicely done! Looks good. Your're right, definitely no stage 1/2, but worth the $300. After my install, I left mine on "Race" (4psi) - I think the worst that could happen would be the CP cracking (~$300 at the dealer), but I don't think anything worse than that would crop up - IMHO. If you wanted to, you could be proactive and replace the CP with the ER CP or the pending less expensive VRSF CP (supposed to retail around $220US).

In any case, I think all will be well. Dinan tunes are somewhat conservative, but I suppose anything could happen. I'm personally not losing any sleep over it.
Thanks you!

I was actually looking at that CP, but I don't think they make one for xDrive vehicles

Oh well, I'm gonna enjoy every moment of it! Lol next Tuesday I'm actually getting a tune from well know local tune shop. They will be doing before and after dyno so I should be able to post my dyno result with MPPK+Dinan Sport Tune
They definitely do offer a cp for xdrive vehicles

2015 SO M3 6MT

2015 BSM M235xi
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 12:16 PM   #53
APX2APX
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235iX

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 12:10 PM   #54
jeffs42885
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

Reading through this and I am confused as to what this is used for, I have an S1 tune..whats the difference? Can you clear codes with this?

Sorry for the ignorance.
      01-07-2018, 06:11 PM   #55
X54TH
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Garage List
A few questions:

1) when the unit is plugged in, is automatically set @ 4 psi?

2) any issues in driving it @ 4 psi constantly?

3) how would you know if the unit is defective and if it was, could it harm the engine?
2021 330i XDrive Alpine White M-Sport
Appreciate 0