THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum 5 days in and already in for service ????

05-22-2016, 06:39 PM   #23
wjjkoevoets
Bright Sky
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i (8AT)

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Glad to hear you got it sorted out. I wouldn't worry too much about reliability. The 2-series has proven to be reliable. The N55 is a very solid engine. Most issues are minor and only affect like 1% (pulling that number out of my behind here) of the cars.

I have 25.000 miles on mine and I only had an issue with a small piece of seal popping out at the back which was sorted by my dealer free of charge (warranty). Enjoy your 2!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 01:48 AM   #24
cmiller219
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBro2002 View Post
I had one minor issue with our 228i. At around 3500 mile, the oxygen sensor failed. Took it in and it was fixed under one hour. No other problems.

I'm heading to Honolulu tomorrow!
Work or pleasure? I live in Waikiki but hate the beach here. If you can or have a rental go to north sure, Waimea bay, sandys, or lanikai. Amazing beaches
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 08:15 PM   #25
luchini02
Registered
Rep
Drives: m235i

Im in Hawaii to with a M235i and had the same exact issue at 1200 miles. All of a sudden blower motor stopped working. No air coming out of the vents hot or cold. Switched to my second car for a few days to wait for my service appointment.

Day of appointment get in the M235i and idrive displays "battery discharge". Usually saw this on my 335i when I parked it for 30+ days but it had only been two days. Lo and behold the blower motor started working again. Im guessing the battery had somehow reset the electronics in the car and the relay/circuit board/whatever controls the blower motor reset and it turned back on.

Dealer wouldnt give me a loaner car so I opted not to bring it in for service as the problem fixed itself. Service department had no explanation over the phone of what it could be.

Had a lease 335i that never gave me any problems in three years which is why I decided to buy the M235i.....
Appreciate 0