THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum $350 Credit for M235i Harman Kardon

09-27-2014, 12:48 PM   #67
Celestion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
No. I was only speaking to your comparison of one car to another in a manner that suggested that the 2 series should be as performance oriented as the STi. I think you missed the point. The 2 series should not really be compared to a car that is directly aimed at performance.

The 2 series is well balanced. I could easily argue that adding a wider tire would not significantly improve performance, but what it would do is a) increase costs slightly - although I really don't think BMW's bean counters were the one that made the call on the tire widths, and b) increase ownership costs - more rubber means you have to pay more when you replace them.

How often are you exceeding the limits of the car in its current form?
You don't need to exceed the grip limits of a tire to benefit from a wider tire. Turn-in would be much nicer with wider front tires. As is, the default front tire width makes turn-in feel somewhat floaty and nervous.

My Focus ST has 235mm tires on 8in wheels (front and back). The front end feels SOOOO much more composed compared to my M235i.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 04:01 PM   #68
MG 228i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 m40i, 340i 6MT, i3S

Is the check from BMW NA or the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 05:52 PM   #69
RobNH
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i xDrive

I just bought my M235i off the lot last week. I'm looking at the window sticker right now and it shows harman/kardon premium sound....$875.

I'm not sure of the build date, but the VIN of my car has the last five digits of 98804. So if I wanted to pursue the refund, should I call BMW NA or go back to my salesman?

Previous: 2008 E92 335xi Coupe
Previous: 2004 330xi Sedan
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 08:14 PM   #70
missxmelon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG 228i View Post
Is the check from BMW NA or the dealer?
Not sure. Haven't received one yet, though based on previous comments I doubt I ever will.
///M235i | 2015 | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | 8-speed automatic | Driver Assistance Package | Premium Package | Technology Package | Heated Seats | Harman/Kardon Premium Sound | M Performance Exhaust w/ Chrome Tips | Black Kidney Grilles | Carbon Fiber: Mirror Caps, Interior w/ Alcantara Trim, and Brake Handle
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 08:15 PM   #71
missxmelon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobNH View Post
I just bought my M235i off the lot last week. I'm looking at the window sticker right now and it shows harman/kardon premium sound....$875.

I'm not sure of the build date, but the VIN of my car has the last five digits of 98804. So if I wanted to pursue the refund, should I call BMW NA or go back to my salesman?
BMW NA
///M235i | 2015 | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | 8-speed automatic | Driver Assistance Package | Premium Package | Technology Package | Heated Seats | Harman/Kardon Premium Sound | M Performance Exhaust w/ Chrome Tips | Black Kidney Grilles | Carbon Fiber: Mirror Caps, Interior w/ Alcantara Trim, and Brake Handle
Appreciate 0