THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) Car Cover Recommendation?

10-03-2017, 12:54 AM   #1
Doberman
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Car Cover Recommendation?

Can anyone recommend an outdoor car cover for my 2015 M235i? It sits in the driveway and collects leave and muck, and if I can find a reasonably priced car cover (that's not too ugly), I think I'll spring for it. Anyone have a recommendation?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 07:51 AM   #2
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

I use the car cover sold by BMW USA Accessories. It's a very good cover that is not bulky - so it's easy to fold up and store in trunk. Since it's lite weight, I tuck the rear of the cover up above the exhaust pipe so the wind doesn't pull the cover off. Also realize if water freezes on the cover your pretty much stuck till the snow or ice melts down.
I've used cotton and Storm Guard and Noah covers and the BMW is certainly as good or better then all those other material - and I can even wash it in my washing machine and dryer at home with Simple Green.
Appreciate 1