THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum BMW M240i - my first BMW

02-02-2017, 02:02 PM   #23
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats! (on both the car and the baby)

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 03:25 PM   #24
LukeNumber9
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Congrats! (on both the car and the baby)
Thanks Mike!
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2017, 04:57 PM   #25
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdnno98 View Post
It's not that easy of a choice when a spec'd out M240i is pushing M2 MSRP.....
One way, you get adaptive suspension, sunroof and a more compliant road car. The other, gives you less adjust-ability and more focused towards top level performance (because M), and the obligatory aggressive looks. It really depends what you want. Most M2's I've seen that are available are being sold above MSRP, as where you can get a loaded M240i for a few K under invoice (potentially). If you're inclined to look at CPO cars, the '14-'15 M235i's are available for mid 30's in the US, and for that, you simply can't go wrong!

They are two different beasts, with different intentions for sure. Since price is so close, it should really come down to what you want from the car, and nothing else. M2 would be my choice if I could keep the km's down, but I drive my summer cars daily, and do long road trips which really do compliment an adaptive suspension equipped sports coupe. If you have another full time vehicle to commute in, I guess the choice would be clear. For me, I take my winter/summer cars off the road when off season.

Can't go wrong, with either choice
      02-02-2017, 05:19 PM   #26
ny176
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340xi Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeNumber9 View Post
Thank you, very much appreciated! I went for Alpine.

There's a couple I'd like but nothing major - I didn't get the reversing camera so will probably get one retro-fitted. I've found that the parking sensors don't seem to pick up kerbs which is a slight annoyance.

Also I'm not 100% that I'm going to take the plunge but I'm umming and arring about a JB4 - I've seen a fair few reviews knocking around and also a few people on this forum that have been praising them so I may eventually give in!

Any you'd personally recommend? Really open to getting people's thoughts on this.
Since you have the M performance front splitter and Blk side skirts, I think the M performance BlK kidney grills would match your M240 well. That or the Recaro baby seat
      02-02-2017, 07:03 PM   #27
Rayscott
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 228ix

Quote:

There's a couple I'd like but nothing major - I didn't get the reversing camera so will probably get one retro-fitted. I've found that the parking sensors don't seem to pick up kerbs which is a slight annoyance.

Also I'm not 100% that I'm going to take the plunge but I'm umming and arring about a JB4 - I've seen a fair few reviews knocking around and also a few people on this forum that have been praising them so I may eventually give in!

Any you'd personally recommend? Really open to getting people's thoughts on this.
No they do not pick up curbs. Got some nasty curb rash on 2 of mine. I may put on some of those old curb feelers. LOL.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 07:08 PM   #28
doccyber
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: %D0%97%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0

Congratulations. Enjoy it.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 09:49 PM   #29
Deutsche-Broke
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Beautiful! Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 12:01 AM   #30
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfile View Post
25 and a M240i - life's got to be pretty good, eh?
Congrats..
It's pretty fantastic right now - my partner and I have our first child due at the end of the month too so couldn't ask for anything more!
Congrats on both counts! Rear-facing baby seat might be a tough fit

Ordered one myself, waiting for it to cross the ocean from DE.
Appreciate 1
Dylan861330.00
      02-03-2017, 12:34 AM   #31
M235SDCA
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M235 Vert

Quote:

The JB4 is a great mod I would highly recommend. Even with map 1 the mid range increase is impressive. A downpipe is also a great mod with noticeable improvement in power and sound.

IMO there are some coding mods that are must haves. Not sure if you have checked out that part of the forum.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 02:59 AM   #32
LukeNumber9
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny176 View Post
Since you have the M performance front splitter and Blk side skirts, I think the M performance BlK kidney grills would match your M240 well. That or the Recaro baby seat
The black kidney grills were actually my first planned mod until I picked it up from the dealership and they'd put chrome exhaust tips on - I thought that the chrome surround matched quite nicely with them. Still, thinking about it, could very well get the carbon fiber tips instead to match the diffuser! Oh the possibilities!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 03:10 AM   #33
LukeNumber9
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M235SDCA View Post
The JB4 is a great mod I would highly recommend. Even with map 1 the mid range increase is impressive. A downpipe is also a great mod with noticeable improvement in power and sound.

IMO there are some coding mods that are must haves. Not sure if you have checked out that part of the forum.
Interesting, not even considered a downpipe so far I'm being honest but it makes sense - I do feel like a want just that little bit more sound especially. Not that it doesn't make a wonderful sound already, but I just want a tad more!

The only coding mod I've seen is to prevent the system from flagging up fuel is low at just under a quarter of a tank (which is very annoying to be fair). Which others would you say are must-haves?

Last edited by LukeNumber9; 02-03-2017 at 03:11 AM.. Reason: grammar
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 03:12 AM   #34
LukeNumber9
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post

Congratulations! Look forward to seeing it.

What colour/options have you gone for?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 08:19 AM   #35
M235SDCA
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M235 Vert

Quote:
Interesting, not even considered a downpipe so far I'm being honest but it makes sense - I do feel like a want just that little bit more sound especially. Not that it doesn't make a wonderful sound already, but I just want a tad more!

The only coding mod I've seen is to prevent the system from flagging up fuel is low at just under a quarter of a tank (which is very annoying to be fair). Which others would you say are must-haves?
My favorites are:

Unlock doors when engine off. Eliminates double handle pull.
Power off iDrive when opening drivers door.
Eliminate iDrive legal disclaimers (are these default US only)

Also if you don't have the enhanced Bluetooth option that one is great if you want to use more than one phone in the car.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 03:33 PM   #36
2seriesaddict
Private
Rep
Drives: 220i with m235 looks

Nice extras! Congrats
      02-03-2017, 08:01 PM   #37
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Quote:

Congratulations! Look forward to seeing it.

What colour/options have you gone for?
From the factory:
Estoril Blue xdrive with exec, premium, and "smartphone" packages, storage compartment upgrade, and the dual-spoke wheels (18" versions of the style on the M2, option for us in Canada) with UHP summer tires (Michelin PSS). Black leather with blue contrast stitching, silver trim with blue highlights for dash etc.

From dealer parts dept:
mperf splitter + black grills + CF spoiler + side blades + rear diffuser

I'm considering the mperf CF mirror caps as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 09:40 AM   #38
LukeNumber9
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
From the factory:
Estoril Blue xdrive with exec, premium, and "smartphone" packages, storage compartment upgrade, and the dual-spoke wheels (18" versions of the style on the M2, option for us in Canada) with UHP summer tires (Michelin PSS). Black leather with blue contrast stitching, silver trim with blue highlights for dash etc.

From dealer parts dept:
mperf splitter + black grills + CF spoiler + side blades + rear diffuser

I'm considering the mperf CF mirror caps as well.
Very nice! Absolutely love the M performance body extras, they make SUCH a difference.
Haven't seen the black leather with blue trim, look forward to the photos!
Appreciate 1
evilalien450.50
      02-06-2017, 08:06 AM   #39
LukeNumber9
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M235SDCA View Post
My favorites are:

Unlock doors when engine off. Eliminates double handle pull.
Power off iDrive when opening drivers door.
Eliminate iDrive legal disclaimers (are these default US only)

Also if you don't have the enhanced Bluetooth option that one is great if you want to use more than one phone in the car.
Really like the idea of unlocking when the engine's off.
I don't know if it's just me but I quite like the iDrive system still being on when you're out of the car, it's just nice to have everything turn off at once with the push of a button on your key. Probably just me though haha!
Don't think I've come across any legal disclaimers to be honest so does sound like a US exclusive.

Not sure if I have enhanced BT or not to be honest but I don't think I'd find it much use as I'd only ever need my phone connected. Can see how some would find it beneficial though.
Appreciate 0