THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Photos and Videos Real life comparison look at 2, 3, 4 series in M Sport and Estoril Blue II

03-22-2014, 12:51 PM   #67
w3rkn
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine F31 View Post
I respect your opinion on the 4 series. You don't have to like it, but to call it a "bitch car" is taking it a bit far don't you think? A friend of mine has a 135i M Sport convertible. It's a great car and he loves it. His one complaint is that women always refer to his car as being 'cute'. Do you get that a lot with your 135?
Don't care.

The 4-series was designed to entice the femininity within you, otherwise it would have more presence than the 3-series.

My neighbor said my 135is was "cute", as well. I bought it for it's performance, not looks. But, at the time of purchase, there was no choice of a meaner looking sedan version of my coupe. (I wanted a M135i, but it is not offered in NA)

@ NAIAS I heard the same comments, where most men standing around preferred the M3, over the prettier M4. That is where the term "bitch car" sunk in.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 02:46 PM   #68
TractionControlOff
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i Dinan Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3rkn View Post
Don't care.

The 4-series was designed to entice the femininity within you, otherwise it would have more presence than the 3-series.

My neighbor said my 135is was "cute", as well. I bought it for it's performance, not looks. But, at the time of purchase, there was no choice of a meaner looking sedan version of my coupe. (I wanted a M135i, but it is not offered in NA)

@ NAIAS I heard the same comments, where most men standing around preferred the M3, over the prettier M4. That is where the term "bitch car" sunk in.
I think Alpine's point is that even if you are right about the 4 being a little feminine, you dont have to be such an extremist about it. The 4 is designed (succesfully or not) to be a sexy car. And probably many who drive it want girls to like it. It has been my experience that a lot of girls want to own a cute car like the 1 for its looks, and often not because they are driving enthusiasts...so what does that make the 1 series? You make some good points, but try to respect other members of the forum who may love the 4. (I prefer the 3 btw)
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 05:08 PM   #69
Namtab
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E36

LOL @ 1 series owner calling the 4 series "feminine"
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 06:12 PM   #70
Brian_VACsales
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 VF Supercharged, 135i

M2. Need M2.

Ok, that said I saw an AW over red 435i in the city the other day. It was all M'd up and it really looked fresh.
Appreciate 0