THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Bumper issues

07-13-2016, 04:41 PM   #23
raleedy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFK007 View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Just who bears the cost of your predicament. If it's BMW, they have to factor it into their pricing, so it affects all customers. I'm not surprised you couldn't work through that, though.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 05:42 PM   #24
Elvisfan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 430ix convertible MGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleedy View Post
Just who bears the cost of your predicament. If it's BMW, they have to factor it into their pricing, so it affects all customers. I'm not surprised you couldn't work through that, though.
Sounds like an insult. Besides,on your statement,that pertains to every thing dealers and BMW does. Nothing is free. Loaners,shuttle service,4 or 3 years of service. Since they are now including only 3 years of service,are they lowering the price? Plus everyone one of us is paying for the name. Motortrend just rated compact sedans. All under $30,000. They have active or passive systems that weren't even offered on my car. No blind spot warning? My 2012 Volvo offered it. My Acura has it. Not offered for my BMW. I bought the car because it is going to be fun to drive. But in trade in time in four years,someone will be saying "No blind spot,no lane assist?" In a few years that stuff will be standard in almost every car. Slight tangent,sorry.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 10:30 PM   #25
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

3 weeks is nothing, try 6 months for my 991 to be fixed, 90 percent waiting on parts. The insurance almost totaled it, they had to provide a similar loaner for that period.

Also why if its just a bumper are you without a car? throw some duct tape on it and drive.

Both of my bumpers have track damage (minor scuffing ext) and I have not got around to getting them painted in 3 months. I used to be real anal about that stuff, now I do not care, I just drive and get fixed when time permits.

Cars get hit, bumped and bruised all the time. Its not like your out of work, or something serious, your out a car, and presumably did your neighbor a favor so man up and get over it.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 10:33 PM   #26
GFK007
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pparana
3 weeks is nothing, try 6 months for my 991 to be fixed, 90 percent waiting on parts. The insurance almost totaled it, they had to provide a similar loaner for that period.

Also why if its just a bumper are you without a car? throw some duct tape on it and drive.

Both of my bumpers have track damage (minor scuffing ext) and I have not got around to getting them painted in 3 months. I used to be real anal about that stuff, now I do not care, I just drive and get fixed when time permits.

Cars get hit, bumped and bruised all the time. Its not like your out of work, or something serious, your out a car, and presumably did your neighbor a favor so man up and get over it.
I'm super anal about my cars. Arguably over the top anal, but I've always been like that, and can't ever fathom driving around with duct tape on my bumper.

I admire your approach, but it's just not me.

(gone but not forgotten) 2011 e90 M Sport - M-Tech Carbon Diffuser, OEM Carbon Trunk Spoiler, 20% tint, black reflectors, black OEM grille, LUX white Angel Eyes.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 10:35 PM   #27
GFK007
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleedy
Quote:
I have no idea what you are talking about.
What the hell is your problem? Do yourself a favor, and get off your high horse. You are the quintessential example of a guy who wanders around a freakin car forum and gets all giddy when he finds an opportunity to make some sideways smart ass comment at the expense of someone he will never have to meet.

Judging by the obscene amount of posts your profile lists, you need to get yourself a hobby outside of bimmerpost, though you are probably a guy who prides himself on his "colonel," status.

As for everybody else: thanks for the guidance and input. Insurance looks as though it might be my last option and likely the most practical. Total repair costs were going to be under 1k so figured cash payment would likely be easier, but such is life.

(gone but not forgotten) 2011 e90 M Sport - M-Tech Carbon Diffuser, OEM Carbon Trunk Spoiler, 20% tint, black reflectors, black OEM grille, LUX white Angel Eyes.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 09:56 AM   #28
raleedy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i 6-speed

Quote:
What the hell is your problem? Do yourself a favor, and get off your high horse. You are the quintessential example of a guy who wanders around a freakin car forum and gets all giddy when he finds an opportunity to make some sideways smart ass comment at the expense of someone he will never have to meet.

Judging by the obscene amount of posts your profile lists, you need to get yourself a hobby outside of bimmerpost, though you are probably a guy who prides himself on his "colonel," status.

As for everybody else: thanks for the guidance and input. Insurance looks as though it might be my last option and likely the most practical. Total repair costs were going to be under 1k so figured cash payment would likely be easier, but such is life.
You are right, what I said was offensive, and intentionally so, I guess. I do get pretty annoyed when people expect unrealistic services or benefits at others' expense. A good example of this is tuners who lie when making warranty claims about whether there were modifications that might be relevant. Putting you in that category was probably wrong, and your complaint about the unavailability of crash parts was justified. But I still would say that expecting BMW to pick up the tab for a replacement car on these facts is over the line and very egocentric.

One last thought: we don't know each other, which makes it easy for each of us to make unflattering assumptions about the other based on these posts. That is exactly what I have done in this thread, and for that I offer an apology. It is not a good practice.

Last edited by raleedy; 07-14-2016 at 10:14 AM..
Appreciate 10
      07-14-2016, 04:55 PM   #29
squintz
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i coupe

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...but your dealer is either lying to you or not very good at searching.

I dropped my car off last tuesday for rear bumper collision damage (getting rear bumper replaced). They had not even ordered the part when I dropped it off, and I got a call today that it's ready to be picked up...took them about a week to order, receive, paint, and install...
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 05:12 PM   #30
Elvisfan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by squintz View Post
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...but your dealer is either lying to you or not very good at searching.

I dropped my car off last tuesday for rear bumper collision damage (getting rear bumper replaced). They had not even ordered the part when I dropped it off, and I got a call today that it's ready to be picked up...took them about a week to order, receive, paint, and install...
What does the fact that they had a bumper for a 4 year old 328i have to do with the fact there is no bumper for a new m235? It doesn't make any sense. Why lie?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 05:15 PM   #31
squintz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisfan
Quote:

What does the fact that they had a bumper for a 4 year old 328i have to do with the fact there is no bumper for a new m235? It doesn't make any sense. Why lie?
Sorry I haven't updated my current car...2016 m235i. Take a chill pill, dude.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 05:21 PM   #32
Elvisfan
Major
Rep

Quote:
I'm talking about why the dealer would lie? Not you. I can only go by the information in front of me.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 05:24 PM   #33
squintz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisfan
Quote:
I'm talking about why the dealer would lie? Not you. I can only go by the information in front of me.
I don't know why they would lie. That's why I said there are 2 options: either they're lying for some stupid reason, or they aren't very good at procuring parts.

If it were me I would collect my car and take it somewhere that knows how to order a part that IS available to order without delay.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 05:35 PM   #34
Elvisfan
Major
Rep

Quote:
I don't know why they would lie. That's why I said there are 2 options: either they're lying for some stupid reason, or they aren't very good at procuring parts.

If it were me I would collect my car and take it somewhere that knows how to order a part that IS available to order without delay.
Maybe a part in Texas can't be shipped to NY. Now it doesn't make any sense. I'm sure they are all connected to the same computer system. Perhaps it's a part to attach the bumper that they are missing.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 02:14 PM   #35
GFK007
Captain
Rep

Update - I am now being told that BMW will not have any bumpers available until August 13.

I inquired about the part July 1.

I am incensed. Is this not completely ridiculous??

Appreciate 0