THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery March Delivery - anyone?!

03-07-2016, 08:59 AM   #1
HighRevs11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

March Delivery - anyone?!

Just curious to see if there's anyone else out there expecting to take delivery in March? Figured we could help each other get through the wait haha - I just checked this morning and it says my vehicle has left the plant and is ready to ship!

Post your specs / when you expect delivery!

Specs:

2016 m235i
Glacier Silver
Coral Red Leather interior
Black Kidney Grilles
Orbit Grey Wheels
Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
Moonroof Delete

I also ordered the light weight front lip. Hoping to grab the AWE exhaust as well and some other exterior bits as time goes!

Hoping for delivery in 2-3 weeks!
      03-07-2016, 09:11 AM   #2
djarchow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP

My dealer thought I would have it here in Iowa by the end of March but I am not optimistic about that as that would be right at one month from start of production.

2016 M235i
Estoril Blue w/black Dakota
Tech pack
Cold weather pack
Driver Assistance
Harmon Kardon
Black kidney grills

Order placed 2-27-16
Production started (150) 3-1-16
Paint shop (152) 3-8-16
Production completed (155) 3-10-016
In Transit to port (190) 3-10-16
Arrived at Port of Exit (193) 3-11-16

Last edited by djarchow; 03-11-2016 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: updated schedule
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 10:59 AM   #3
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

I take delivery at the performance center in two days Order was placed on 12/14/15.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2016, 12:20 PM   #4
HighRevs11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djarchow View Post
Mine should finish production tomorrow or Wednesday. My dealer thought I would have it here in Iowa by the end of the month but I am not optimistic about that as that would be right at one month from start of production. I am trying not to bug him for an updated status until later in the week.

Edit, not as far along as I had hoped, despite starting production (150) on the 1st, it is just going to paint (152) tomorrow.

2016 M235i
Estoril Blue w/black Dakota
Tech pack
Cold weather pack
Driver Assistance
Harmon Kardon
Black kidney grills
Nice set-up - hopefully it will be done soon! It took mine about a week to go from production start to completion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
I take delivery at the performance center in two days Order was placed on 12/14/15.
Awesome! Let us know how it goes!

I just found out my car is awaiting a vessel for shipping!!
      03-08-2016, 01:06 PM   #5
Legal Bill
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Just found this thread. Mine is at the dealer and I pick itup tomorrow. It has been a long wait.

M235i
Estoril Blue
Oyster leather seats
cold weather package
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 05:12 PM   #6
HighRevs11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legal Bill
Just found this thread. Mine is at the dealer and I pick itup tomorrow. It has been a long wait.

M235i
Estoril Blue
Oyster leather seats
cold weather package
Did you get it?!
      03-14-2016, 10:00 PM   #7
HighRevs11
Private First Class
Rep

Just an update - looks like the car is on a ship headed to Baltimore! They said the name of the vessel was Torrens with an estimated arrival date of 3/24 in Baltimore...hoping I can get her before the end if the month but we will see! Anyone else on this ship?!
      03-15-2016, 08:51 AM   #8
djarchow
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRevs11 View Post
Just an update - looks like the car is on a ship headed to Baltimore! They said the name of the vessel was Torrens with an estimated arrival date of 3/24 in Baltimore...hoping I can get her before the end if the month but we will see! Anyone else on this ship?!
I was hoping mine would be on that ship too as it arrived at port last Friday but still no listing for my VIN on the Wallenius website. Does your VIN show up on their site? Most of the ones I could find looked like they were heading for California,
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 10:04 AM   #9
HighRevs11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djarchow
Quote:
I was hoping mine would be on that ship too as it arrived at port last Friday but still no listing for my VIN on the Wallenius website. Does your VIN show up on their site? Most of the ones I could find looked like they were heading for California,
Yes it did show up on that site as well. I searched the VIN under cargo ID.
      03-15-2016, 10:51 AM   #10
djarchow
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
When did yours end production? Mine competed on the 9th.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 11:47 AM   #11
HighRevs11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djarchow
Quote:
When did yours end production? Mine competed on the 9th.
Looks like around the 7th based on the emails I have (at least that's when they told me) - so not much earlier than your car, unless it was maybe the prior week and they told me on Monday?
      03-15-2016, 03:15 PM   #12
redontheline
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EB 235 MT

I'm on the Galveston Highway, which should get to Baltimore around 3/23. But my PCD isn't until 4/22. So someone working at the center may be enjoying my car in March.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 06:52 AM   #13
Sir Thomas Bombadil
Private
Rep
Drives: AW M235 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by redontheline View Post
I'm on the Galveston Highway, which should get to Baltimore around 3/23. But my PCD isn't until 4/22. So someone working at the center may be enjoying my car in March.
My PCD is currently set for 4/15 but my car arrived in Charleston a week ago! I'm pushing my dealer to see if there is any availability for PCD in March. The wait is killing me.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 09:15 AM   #14
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Thomas Bombadil View Post
My PCD is currently set for 4/15 but my car arrived in Charleston a week ago! I'm pushing my dealer to see if there is any availability for PCD in March. The wait is killing me.
Email the performance center directly and ask them if an earlier date is possible. If there is and it's one you can accept just tell them and they will confirm the new date with you and your dealer. Your dealer has no control over the delivery at this point. The only thing they need to do now is finalize the paperwork with you. My dealer wanted to do that a week prior to my delivery which was fine with me.

Build thread
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 12:38 PM   #15
Sir Thomas Bombadil
Private
Rep

Quote:
Email the performance center directly and ask them if an earlier date is possible. If there is and it's one you can accept just tell them and they will confirm the new date with you and your dealer. Your dealer has no control over the delivery at this point. The only thing they need to do now is finalize the paperwork with you. My dealer wanted to do that a week prior to my delivery which was fine with me.
That was a good suggestion, but unfortunately they said they were booked until April 11.

I'm getting a bit impatient and don't know if I want to wait another month for this car. I did a BMW driving school at the performance center last year where I got to do some track time in the 235, we drove on the skid pad, did anti-lock braking, etc. Is the PCD experience much different from all that?

If not, I may be tempted to scrap the PCD part entirely and get my car 2-3 weeks sooner.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 01:04 PM   #16
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Thomas Bombadil
Quote:
That was a good suggestion, but unfortunately they said they were booked until April 11.

I'm getting a bit impatient and don't know if I want to wait another month for this car. I did a BMW driving school at the performance center last year where I got to do some track time in the 235, we drove on the skid pad, did anti-lock braking, etc. Is the PCD experience much different from all that?

If not, I may be tempted to scrap the PCD part entirely and get my car 2-3 weeks sooner.
Add in the hot lap in a M3 and plant tour and you've got the PCD experience. I drove by the port a couple of days ago. I probably saw your car among the sea of cars there lol.

Build thread
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 01:19 PM   #17
Sir Thomas Bombadil
Private
Rep

Quote:
Add in the hot lap in a M3 and plant tour and you've got the PCD experience. I drove by the port a couple of days ago. I probably saw your car among the sea of cars there lol.
Got it. We took a hot lap in an M3 as well, so it looks like the factory tour is the only difference.

As much as I'd love to do all that again, the prospect of having my car come 3 weeks earlier is very appealing...
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 01:33 PM   #18
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Thomas Bombadil
Quote:
Got it. We took a hot lap in an M3 as well, so it looks like the factory tour is the only difference.

As much as I'd love to do all that again, the prospect of having my car come 3 weeks earlier is very appealing...
For some strange reason my dealer told me that I wouldn't get the car any sooner if I took delivery from them instead if PCD and i live in Charleston.

Build thread
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 01:57 PM   #19
Sir Thomas Bombadil
Private
Rep

Quote:
For some strange reason my dealer told me that I wouldn't get the car any sooner if I took delivery from them instead if PCD and i live in Charleston.
Interesting. I have my dealer checking on that right now. My guy is in Greenville, so I can't imagine how they wouldn't be able to get their hands on it in a reasonable time, but I would think a Charleston dealer wouldn't have a lot of trouble either.

I may be getting excited prematurely, but we shall see.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 02:20 PM   #20
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Haha, I know the feeling. I went down to the port when Kentucky Highway pulled into Charleston. It was painful to think that my car was right behind a flimsy chain link fence. I was able to move my PCD date up by a week though which made it a bit easier to tolerate. It was also my first PCD (and BMW), so I was willing to wait.

Build thread
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 05:14 PM   #21
redontheline
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EB 235 MT

One positive is I'm enjoying having some extra time to say goodbye to my Si. I bought it when I was 17 and it's been an absolute joy to drive and grow up in, and a hell of a first car.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 09:20 PM   #22
djarchow
Private First Class
Rep

Well mine has been sitting at the port for 8 days now and still not on a ship. The next Wellenius ship going from Bremerhaven to Baltimore isn't until the end of next week, and is one of the longer trips, so the earliest it could get to me is probably mid April. My lock on my $1k incentive expires on April 27. Hope it makes the next boat.

Frustrating thing is I see other m235is built the week after mine already on their way to the US.
Appreciate 0