THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Buy from one dealer, service at another?

06-11-2016, 08:30 AM   #1
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Buy from one dealer, service at another?

If I buy my next BMW from a dealer farther away, can I count on my local BMW dealer to perform the 'free' warranty service on it? Ive read that all the dealers are independent businesses and therefore are under no obligation to perform the covered warranty service on a BMW bought from another dealer.

Why might they refuse? I dont know.. perhaps to try and force purchasers to purchase from their dealership.. etc, etc...
      06-11-2016, 10:14 AM   #2
Tpeterson
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i MSport/THP/MT/

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
If I buy my next BMW from a dealer farther away, can I count on my local BMW dealer to perform the 'free' warranty service on it? Ive read that all the dealers are independent businesses and therefore are under no obligation to perform the covered warranty service on a BMW bought from another dealer.

Why might they refuse? I dont know.. perhaps to try and force purchasers to purchase from their dealership.. etc, etc...
No,they can't refuse. The warranty and maintenance agreement says bring the car to BMW Service Center not a specific one. What if you were on a road trip and something broke or the service interval occurred? you'd have to use the nearest Dealer. BMWNA dealer network is all one big happy family.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 01:45 PM   #3
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
The dealer is reimbursed by BMWNA so it doesn't matter where you buy your BMW. The only thing I have found is it may be harder to get a loaner car for non warranty work.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 02:17 PM   #4
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Thanks, guys... Ill have to try and find where I read of the issue, but one forum member had this problem with his dealer.. As I recall, he contacted BMW who told him each dealer is an independent owner and therefore, can serve whom he wants to.. Im sure that wrong, and you guys are right.
      06-11-2016, 07:34 PM   #5
TBro2002
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i M-Sport

Any BMW authorized service center will welcome you. The free service is paid for by BMWNA and they want you as a customer when the free service runs out.

My 228i is serviced at my local dealer, but I did not purchase it there.
Appreciate 0