THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Hooray West Coast BMW performance center

10-04-2014, 09:04 PM   #1
Spieltag
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW m235 AW/KR-B

Garage List
2015 BMW m235  [0.00]
Hooray West Coast BMW performance center

My brother sent me this from the f30 forums.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1042683

BIMMERPOST NEWS
BMW Performance Center West (California) Opening Announced!
COMMENTS
Name: Thermal_Club_2015_Rendering copy 2.jpg
Views: 8085
Size: 307.7 KB

BMW Announces Performance Center West Driving School

BMW brings its renowned curriculum of performance driving instruction to Southern California in new permanent facility
Partners with The Thermal Club – new premier private motorsports club

Woodcliff Lake, NJ/Thermal, CA – October 3, 2014 12:00pm EDT/9:00am PDT. . . BMW of North America today announced the opening of the new BMW Performance Center West, the company’s permanent performance driver training facility located in Southern California. BMW partners with The Thermal Club, the new premier private motorsports club, to create a dedicated road course and training facility just a few minutes outside of La Quinta, California. Opening in late 2014, the BMW Performance Center West will offer the full complement of performance driving courses for which the BMW Performance Center in Spartanburg, South Carolina has been renowned since 1999. These include the BMW M Schools as well as the BMW Teen Driving Schools.

“We have long believed that the right driver training is every bit as important as technology in helping to keep drivers safe,” noted Peter Miles – Vice President of Sales Channel Development and Customer Relations, BMW of North America. “The BMW Performance Center West will make it easier for customers in the Western US to benefit from the same professional driving instruction that nearly 130,000 drivers have had at the BMW Performance Center in South Carolina over the last 15 years. We are very pleased to partner with The Thermal Club.”

The BMW Performance Center West brings a permanent BMW performance driver training facility to Southern California. Occupying 32 acres on the grounds of The Thermal Club, the BMW Performance Center West will include a dedicated 1.4 mile road course, 6.2 acres of paddock, a skid pad and an 8,500 square foot Performance Facility. It will offer the full complement of driver training courses that are currently offered at the BMW Performance center in South Carolina.

The company launched BMW Driver Training in Germany in 1977. In 1999 it opened the BMW Performance Center near Spartanburg, South Carolina – its first permanent US-based performance driving school and delivery center. Since opening, nearly 130,000 students have graduated from BMW performance driving courses. This includes nearly 5,000 graduates of BMW Teen Driving Schools. Today between 1,000 and 1,500 people visit the BMW Performance Center every week.

In a unique partnership, home for the new BMW Performance Center will be at The Thermal Club, a new premium private motorsports club just outside of La Quinta, California. “We are thrilled that BMW has selected Thermal as its long term home for the BMW Performance Center West. This is a very exciting venture for the community, Thermal and our members. It’s a great partnership with one of the world’s premiere brands”, note Thermal Club owners Tim and Twanna Rogers. The Thermal Club is focused on providing the ultimate motorsports programming, world-class culinary offering and a luxury service levels. The facility offers 5.5 miles of road racing circuits, private luxury member garage villas and luxury concierge services. The Motorsports Village consists of the Tuning Shop that features maintenance bays for vehicle maintenance and repairs, locker rooms, and lounge. The Trackside Garage designed for storage for the track and safety car fleet and the Tower Building is the main clubhouse building that will feature a 70 foot high operational control tower. Other luxury amenities will include a pool, kids club and tennis courts.
Stoked!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 05:49 AM   #2
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Sweet.......I will be able to do PCD on my next one when I am living out there
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 02:39 PM   #3
Spieltag
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW m235 AW/KR-B

Garage List
2015 BMW m235  [0.00]
I'm excited that they will be doing more ///m driving days too at the course. It's a great track with tons of space for runoff etc. They are missing a skid pad though
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 05:22 PM   #4
tccox
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Msport

Garage List
To me living in Charlotte going to Greenville is no big deal, but flying to California, taking delivery of a new bmw at a performance center and then driving it cross country home would be awesome
      10-05-2014, 05:50 PM   #5
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

I still haven't seen anything at all about doing deliveries there. Did I miss something????

Does it say anywhere that it is more than a driving school and that they will do deliveries also?

Confused!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 08:02 PM   #6
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

You are correct.

Maybe in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
I still haven't seen anything at all about doing deliveries there. Did I miss something????

Does it say anywhere that it is more than a driving school and that they will do deliveries also?

Confused!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 11:06 PM   #7
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
You are correct.

Ok, I started to see people saying there would do PCD there so got confused. I hope they do, that would be awesome!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 02:57 AM   #8
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
You are correct.

Ok, I started to see people saying there would do PCD there so got confused. I hope they do, that would be awesome!
I would say it is only a matter of tine.

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 06:45 AM   #9
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

its going to be pretty awesome to have something like that in california for all of us west coast guys. To be honest Im surprised they took this long to do it.

I def see myself visiting this place a lot once it gets up and moving

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 06:23 PM   #10
VMRWheels
General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Have to check this place out once they're up and running
      10-25-2014, 12:53 AM   #11
CMD_Z
Rep
Drives: 228i

Last week I contacted BMW USA about taking delivery at the La Quinta facility. Here was the response:

"We also appreciate you inquiry about the new BMW Performance Center West. Currently, there are no plans to make it a point of delivery for new vehicles. However, we greatly appreciate your idea. Thank you for sharing your comments."

Too bad...
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 06:46 AM   #12
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMD_Z View Post
Last week I contacted BMW USA about taking delivery at the La Quinta facility. Here was the response:

"We also appreciate you inquiry about the new BMW Performance Center West. Currently, there are no plans to make it a point of delivery for new vehicles. However, we greatly appreciate your idea. Thank you for sharing your comments."

Too bad...
I have at least 3 yrs to wait for them to change their mind
Appreciate 0