THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery PSA: USAA ups discount to $2000

01-06-2017, 03:28 PM   #1
idontkickpuppies
United_States
Rep
Drives: 240i on order

PSA: USAA ups discount to $2000

I'm pretty sure this is double their 2016 discount.
Attached Images

01-06-2017, 03:49 PM   #2
smitty16s
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 and X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by idontkickpuppies View Post
I'm pretty sure this is double their 2016 discount.
Sweet. I wonder how long this will last
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2017, 03:58 PM   #3
idontkickpuppies
United_States
Rep

from the fine print: "Member must take retail delivery by January 2, 2018"
      01-06-2017, 04:10 PM   #4
SCCThree
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Anyone know if you can combine the USAA discount with an employee discount?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2017, 04:37 PM   #5
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

That is double, last year in February it was $1,000. Nice.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2017, 05:32 PM   #6
smitty16s
Private First Class
Rep

Can USAA's credit be used toward European delivery?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2017, 06:04 PM   #7
gtmax500
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M235xi

Garage List
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty16s View Post
Can USAA's credit be used toward European delivery?
You're still buying from the dealer so I don't see why not.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2017, 07:00 PM   #8
idontkickpuppies
United_States
Rep

Arrow

Here's the fine print in its entirety:

120 Broadway Suite 200, Santa Monica, CA 90401

All offers applicable to the purchase or lease of a new in-stock vehicle unless otherwise indicated.

1 BMW Incentive offer is valid at any authorized BMW Center nationwide. Member must take retail delivery by January 2, 2018. Incentive offer is subject to change without prior notice. This incentive offer is not available to the general public. Offer is additive to all eligible current national and regional incentives. BMW incentives are only available to persons eligible for membership in USAA's Property and Casualty Insurance Group. P&C membership is generally available to current and former members of the U.S. Military and their former dependents. BMW requires presentation of a photo ID your Exclusive Manufacturer Offer Code Certificate with a unique Customer ID Offer Code. Visit the USAA Car Buying Service to receive BMW Certificate. Certificates may only be redeemed in the U.S. One incentive per member, per offer code, per calendar year for new BMW vehicles. Eligible member must be the purchaser. See your authorized BMW Center for complete program details.

The information herein is for informational purposes, and is provided on an "as-is" basis. USAA and TrueCar make no representations or warranties, express or implied, with respect to the information contained in this email or the results of the use of such information. Please see participating dealer for complete details. Dealer participation may vary.

USAA and TrueCar are not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by any auto manufacturer. All use of third-party trademarks, brands, and logos, including all auto manufacturer marks, is purely referential, and such marks are the property of their respective owners.

TrueCar operates this information website ("Service") featuring pricing, performance, technical, and safety available for new and used vehicles. The Service is not available in all locations.

**Your configured vehicle may not be available or in-stock at the Certified Dealer. Your Certified Dealer will do their best to match the vehicle you configured based on what is available in stock, and will include any special program savings.

Subject to credit and collateral approval. Displayed rates are our lowest Annual Percentage Rates (APR) and are effective 06/2/2016 and include a discount for automatic payments. Rate subject to change without notice. To qualify for the lowest loan rates you must have excellent credit. The as low as rate applies to vehicle model years 2012 and newer. A 36-month loan with a 1.39% fixed APR would have monthly payments of $28.38 per thousand dollars borrowed. Higher APRs apply if automatic payment is not selected, if you do not have excellent credit, if the term of the loan or age of the collateral changes. It is anticipated that of approved applicants, 16% will qualify for the lowest APRs. New vehicle loan rates currently range from 1.39% to 16.99% APR, depending on credit history, loan term and loan amount. Car Buying Service discount offer is good from 4/1/2016 to 5/2/2016. To qualify for discount offer, you must use the USAA Car Buying Service and fund the purchase of a vehicle from a USAA certified dealer listed on your savings certificate with a USAA Federal Savings Bank auto loan by 06/30/2016. The savings certificate must be generated no more than 90 days prior to your loan being funded. Your loan will originally be set up without the rate discount. After your loan agreement is signed and your vehicle purchase is complete, we will confirm that you qualify for the discount and apply the discount to your loan. Your loan payment amount will not be lowered, but the loan may pay off earlier due to the discounted rate. Discount for new and used vehicles is .80% off of the approved interest rate for 36 month terms, .50% off of the approved interest rate for 48 and 60 month terms, and .25% off of the approved interest rate for 61-72 month terms. Please allow three to five business days for processing. Please refer to usaa.com/autoloanoffer to learn more about the discount offer and to check for dealers.

Bank products provided by USAA Federal Savings Bank, Member FDIC. Purchase of a bank product does not establish eligibility for or membership in USAA property and casualty insurance companies.
      01-07-2017, 10:45 AM   #9
smitty16s
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by idontkickpuppies View Post
Here's the fine print in its entirety:

120 Broadway Suite 200, Santa Monica, CA 90401

All offers applicable to the purchase or lease of a new in-stock vehicle unless otherwise indicated.

1 BMW Incentive offer is valid at any authorized BMW Center nationwide. Member must take retail delivery by January 2, 2018. Incentive offer is subject to change without prior notice. This incentive offer is not available to the general public. Offer is additive to all eligible current national and regional incentives. BMW incentives are only available to persons eligible for membership in USAA's Property and Casualty Insurance Group. P&C membership is generally available to current and former members of the U.S. Military and their former dependents. BMW requires presentation of a photo ID your Exclusive Manufacturer Offer Code Certificate with a unique Customer ID Offer Code. Visit the USAA Car Buying Service to receive BMW Certificate. Certificates may only be redeemed in the U.S. One incentive per member, per offer code, per calendar year for new BMW vehicles. Eligible member must be the purchaser. See your authorized BMW Center for complete program details.

The information herein is for informational purposes, and is provided on an "as-is" basis. USAA and TrueCar make no representations or warranties, express or implied, with respect to the information contained in this email or the results of the use of such information. Please see participating dealer for complete details. Dealer participation may vary.

USAA and TrueCar are not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by any auto manufacturer. All use of third-party trademarks, brands, and logos, including all auto manufacturer marks, is purely referential, and such marks are the property of their respective owners.

TrueCar operates this information website ("Service") featuring pricing, performance, technical, and safety available for new and used vehicles. The Service is not available in all locations.

**Your configured vehicle may not be available or in-stock at the Certified Dealer. Your Certified Dealer will do their best to match the vehicle you configured based on what is available in stock, and will include any special program savings.

Subject to credit and collateral approval. Displayed rates are our lowest Annual Percentage Rates (APR) and are effective 06/2/2016 and include a discount for automatic payments. Rate subject to change without notice. To qualify for the lowest loan rates you must have excellent credit. The as low as rate applies to vehicle model years 2012 and newer. A 36-month loan with a 1.39% fixed APR would have monthly payments of $28.38 per thousand dollars borrowed. Higher APRs apply if automatic payment is not selected, if you do not have excellent credit, if the term of the loan or age of the collateral changes. It is anticipated that of approved applicants, 16% will qualify for the lowest APRs. New vehicle loan rates currently range from 1.39% to 16.99% APR, depending on credit history, loan term and loan amount. Car Buying Service discount offer is good from 4/1/2016 to 5/2/2016. To qualify for discount offer, you must use the USAA Car Buying Service and fund the purchase of a vehicle from a USAA certified dealer listed on your savings certificate with a USAA Federal Savings Bank auto loan by 06/30/2016. The savings certificate must be generated no more than 90 days prior to your loan being funded. Your loan will originally be set up without the rate discount. After your loan agreement is signed and your vehicle purchase is complete, we will confirm that you qualify for the discount and apply the discount to your loan. Your loan payment amount will not be lowered, but the loan may pay off earlier due to the discounted rate. Discount for new and used vehicles is .80% off of the approved interest rate for 36 month terms, .50% off of the approved interest rate for 48 and 60 month terms, and .25% off of the approved interest rate for 61-72 month terms. Please allow three to five business days for processing. Please refer to usaa.com/autoloanoffer to learn more about the discount offer and to check for dealers.

Bank products provided by USAA Federal Savings Bank, Member FDIC. Purchase of a bank product does not establish eligibility for or membership in USAA property and casualty insurance companies.

I just want to make sure I'm not misreading this. Do you have to finance through USAA to get the credit? I thought you just had to use their car buying service to set up with a dealer.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2017, 01:56 PM   #10
SCCThree
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCThree View Post
Anyone know if you can combine the USAA discount with an employee discount?
To answer my own question, I was told they can NOT be combined. The good news is that the corporate discount was $1500 last year, now its $2500!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2017, 02:09 PM   #11
Beartato
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty16s View Post
I just want to make sure I'm not misreading this. Do you have to finance through USAA to get the credit? I thought you just had to use their car buying service to set up with a dealer.
Last year when I did this you were under no obligation to finance through USAA to get the credit, you just had to use the car buying service. I doubt it's changed since then.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2017, 09:53 AM   #12
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG 6MT

I just talked to USAA - the lady I talked to said there are no stipulations to get the credit. I was issued a customer ID and code ID just for being a USAA member. I did not use their car buying service nor have I agreed to finance through USAA.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2017, 10:13 AM   #13
Beartato
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6734202 View Post
I just talked to USAA - the lady I talked to said there are no stipulations to get the credit. I was issued a customer ID and code ID just for being a USAA member. I did not use their car buying service nor have I agreed to finance through USAA.
As far as I know you still need to go to a dealer in their network for the credit to be honored though.

The CA I talked to at the dealer closest to me, which isn't one of USAA's/Truecar's affiliate dealers, wouldn't honor it, and even scoffed at the price quoted online. This guy was kind of a douche anyway, and didn't even wanna budge from MSRP so he could have been blowing smoke too I don't know. I ended up going through an out of state USAA-affilated dealer (dealerships are sparse in my region of the US).
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2017, 10:32 AM   #14
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartato View Post
As far as I know you still need to go to a dealer in their network for the credit to be honored though.

The CA I talked to at the dealer closest to me, which isn't one of USAA's/Truecar's affiliate dealers, wouldn't honor it, and even scoffed at the price quoted online. This guy was kind of a douche anyway, and didn't even wanna budge from MSRP so he could have been blowing smoke too I don't know. I ended up going through an out of state USAA-affilated dealer (dealerships are sparse in my region of the US).

Interesting - she mentioned to me that it was a manufacturer's rebate and that it was coming directly from BMW. Who knows...she may have incorrect information. Sucks about your dealership though...MSRP is a huge joke and completely fabricated.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2017, 10:48 AM   #15
Beartato
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6734202 View Post
Interesting - she mentioned to me that it was a manufacturer's rebate and that it was coming directly from BMW. Who knows...she may have incorrect information. Sucks about your dealership though...MSRP is a huge joke and completely fabricated.
I meant in relation to the additional USAA rebate, not the manufacture's rebates. When I bought my car it was a $1000 options credit from BMW and USAA's $1000 discount, not sure what it is now.

Gotta say the car buying service they offer is great, I got my car for well below what I probably would have negotiated for. My car was ~48K MSRP, I budgeted for ~$45K before tax but I walked out of there at ~$42K. The dealer I went through even worked with me to find my car, which was particular (no moonroof, RWD with a 6 spd, in GS). The fine print says it has to be in stock, but he had it shipped from a dealer in Los Angeles and still gave me the USAA price with no haggling.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 09:34 PM   #16
RotorOver
Newer 2er
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i (Sold)

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Here's how you maximize your USAA membership when buying a car:

- As mentioned, you don't have to finance through USAA to get the discount and the dealer does not need to be affiliated with the car buying service to use it either.

- If you do finance through USAA, you will get a discounted rate when you buy through the buying service and make electronic payments. Although, when BMW runs an incentivized rate it's unlikely you will beat it (I got 0.9% financing through them. Know what that rate is ahead of time because sometimes the finance managers don't know the latest incentives- make them look it up if they don't know it.)

- Once you know what options you want, run that through the USAA car buying service configurator which uses the TrueCar engine. Don't take that number to one of the dealers in their car buying network, take it to one outside of the network and tell them you'd like them to beat that price. Since you know you can get the car buying service price from the dealerships in the network, you actually have a chance to do better than that price outside the network.
2017 Audi Q5
Appreciate 2
SCCThree813.00
      01-12-2017, 08:52 AM   #17
Beartato
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorOver View Post
- Once you know what options you want, run that through the USAA car buying service configurator which uses the TrueCar engine. Don't take that number to one of the dealers in their car buying network, take it to one outside of the network and tell them you'd like them to beat that price. Since you know you can get the car buying service price from the dealerships in the network, you actually have a chance to do better than that price outside the network.
Must be nice to live somewhere BMW dealers have to compete with each other for business Utah has two dealers in the entirety of the state, both owned by the same company. You're going out of state for a deal.

Good idea though
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 03:55 PM   #18
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorOver View Post
Here's how you maximize your USAA membership when buying a car:

- As mentioned, you don't have to finance through USAA to get the discount and the dealer does not need to be affiliated with the car buying service to use it either.

- If you do finance through USAA, you will get a discounted rate when you buy through the buying service and make electronic payments. Although, when BMW runs an incentivized rate it's unlikely you will beat it (I got 0.9% financing through them. Know what that rate is ahead of time because sometimes the finance managers don't know the latest incentives- make them look it up if they don't know it.)

This is spot on -- and I kinda-sorta made the mistake of not doing the third point with my dealer because three of the four BMW dealers in the Dallas area are on the TrueCar network. The one that isn't -- Moritz in Arlington, IIRC -- I'd already had a bad experience with, so I wasn't going to give it my business anyway.

Also, to add:
- A manufacturer rebate is wholly separate from the USAA discount. You can use both.
- Typically (and depending on your history with USAA), USAA will beat almost any other financing deal. I've financed my last nine vehicles with it (including two motorcycles), and no one's been able to come within a percentage point of its rate.
- USAA insurance rates are also pretty much unbeatable if your history is relatively clear. What puts it over the top is the service: quick, little hassle, and extraordinarily streamlined. Even if it changed more I'd still use it (home and auto).
Appreciate 1
abc27.00
      01-12-2017, 07:34 PM   #19
RotorOver
Newer 2er
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Must be nice to live somewhere BMW dealers have to compete with each other for business Utah has two dealers in the entirety of the state, both owned by the same company. You're going out of state for a deal.

Good idea though
That sucks! One thing you can do is use the same technique over the phone or through the internet manager, but like you said you are still traveling to pick-up the car or you'll need to have them transport it. Maybe there will be enough savings to cover the extra expenses!
2017 Audi Q5
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 07:35 PM   #20
RotorOver
Newer 2er
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post

Also, to add:
- A manufacturer rebate is wholly separate from the USAA discount. You can use both.
- Typically (and depending on your history with USAA), USAA will beat almost any other financing deal. I've financed my last nine vehicles with it (including two motorcycles), and no one's been able to come within a percentage point of its rate.
- USAA insurance rates are also pretty much unbeatable if your history is relatively clear. What puts it over the top is the service: quick, little hassle, and extraordinarily streamlined. Even if it changed more I'd still use it (home and auto).
Thanks! +1
2017 Audi Q5
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 07:04 PM   #21
krhodes1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Wagon

Garage List
2011 128i  [10.00]
2011 BMW 328i Touring  [10.00]
Quote:

Good idea though
Lucky you - Maine has ONE! Of course, if you live where most of the people are in Maine, out of state isn't all that far...

'11 328! Touring - Tasman on Chestnut, 6spd manual, factory upside-down "i" option
'11 128i Convertible - Space Gray on Savannah Beige, 6spd manual,
also '14 Mercedes-Benz E350 wagon, '95 Land Rover Discovery, '74 Triumph Spitfire
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 02:47 PM   #22
kunzjob
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harley Davidson

Can anyone verify if this works with Euro Delivery?
Appreciate 0