THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Options installation ?

02-21-2015, 11:37 PM   #1
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Options installation ?

Hey guys, so I've bought all my mods/options. I bought them from various online sites, which were all much cheaper than getting them through my dealer. Now that I have the options physically here with me, I need to get them installed when my car arrives in mid March.

Does everyone get their options installed by the dealer ? If not, where ? And, how much do/did you pay ? Did your dealer offer to install them for free ?

My dealer agreed to install some parts for free (rear CF spoiler, kidney grilles, steel pedal covers) but told me I should get the rest (front CF lip + splitters, M Performance decals + stripes) done at an auto body shop where the guys are trained in BMW body work. Should I trust this shop ? Or should I insist on getting the work done by the dealer ?

CA told me dealer is not good at installing stickers (decals + stripes), which require precision.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance !
      02-22-2015, 06:50 AM   #2
gaijin
Mess Deck Commando
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlineSixTwinScroll View Post
My dealer agreed to install some parts for free (rear CF spoiler, kidney grilles, steel pedal covers) but told me I should get the rest (front CF lip + splitters, M Performance decals + stripes) done at an auto body shop where the guys are trained in BMW body work. Should I trust this shop ? Or should I insist on getting the work done by the dealer? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance !
My past experiences with aero kits and decals have always paid out well using a reputable automotive body repair shop. They have the expertise and tools to undertake fitting aftermarket/after-the-sale components. The same goes with decals, e.g., (Trans Am hood decals, etc.). My suggestion is you check around with your local repair shops for quotes. Get a solid warranty commitment on labor, etc.
      02-22-2015, 12:03 PM   #3
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
My past experiences with aero kits and decals have always paid out well using a reputable automotive body repair shop. They have the expertise and tools to undertake fitting aftermarket/after-the-sale components. The same goes with decals, e.g., (Trans Am hood decals, etc.). My suggestion is you check around with your local repair shops for quotes. Get a solid warranty commitment on labor, etc.
Thanks, the dealer recommended a particular body shop. I guess I'll just call them and ask for a quote.
      02-22-2015, 01:50 PM   #4
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by InlineSixTwinScroll View Post

My dealer agreed to install some parts for free (rear CF spoiler, kidney grilles, steel pedal covers) but told me I should get the rest (front CF lip + splitters, M Performance decals + stripes) done at an auto body shop
Appreciate 0