THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dishwashers

03-26-2015, 05:15 PM   #45
Saintor
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90

I had a great experience with our 26 yo Whirpool. Just replaced it with another el cheapo Whirpool. It does it job very well for a 349$ device.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Whirlpool...PADW/205510519
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 06:44 AM   #46
SLOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 M3

Garage List
Bosch is the only option here. We had Bosch in the last house and got Electrolux at this one. Miss the Bosch.

GE Profile are also good just get the one with the stainless tub.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 01:21 PM   #47
MMMCOOKIES55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP/ '16 ATS-V

I second the Bosch, We love ours. We decided to go all out when we built our home last year and bought nicer stuff then we usually would have. Do not regret it.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 01:22 PM   #48
MMMCOOKIES55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP/ '16 ATS-V

Oh, and SO quiet too ...... So quiet.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 12:22 AM   #49
Mardio
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5

We have had our Miele for seven years now, never had a problem and super quiet.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 12:47 AM   #50
JimM6GC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC; '16 B6

My wife loves to cook (and is damn good at it, lucky me), so we put two Miele dishwashers in our kitchen. Quality of cleaning has been great. I'm a fairly light sleeper, and I swear I could put one in our bedroom and still be able to sleep. I never thought a dishwasher could be so quiet.

Bosch has always been on our list as a viable alternative.

Last edited by JimM6GC; 03-29-2015 at 01:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 01:17 AM   #51
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT

Speaking of dishwashers...

Girlfriend told me to be more dominant in bed, so I commanded her to get on top and do all the work lol
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 12:12 PM   #52
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Bought this Bosch unit a few months ago at Lowes:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_353941-39047...her&facetInfo=

So far the wife and I have been very happy with it. The washer is very quiet which is important to us with the family room being open and right next to the kitchen. I don't have to crank up the volume when watching TV now. The washer also does an exceptional job at cleaning. Of all the cycles of dirty dishes we've sent through it, only a couple of items needed to be washed again just barely. And these were cooking utensils with caked/baked on food residue.

I've had 2 GE dishwashers. Techincally 3 with my previous townhouse which I really only used as a drying rack. I found the GE dishwashers to be subpar once I had the Bosch to compare them. The one the Bosch replaced was a Profile or a Triton model. Can't remember now. This dishwasher got progressively worse in leaving soap residue and film on all the dishes. Granted the washer started doing this about a year ago which would make it about 14 years old. The washer at the beach house however is brand new and that one doesn't clean well at all. I've just hadn't had any decent luck with GE appliances.

The only gripe I have about the Bosch is the weird dish rack configuration and the heavy latch resistance of the door to pull it open.

Oh and with the Bosch dishwasher since I purchased it at Lowes, I got the sales price and the 5% off for using my Lowes credit card. Plus Lowes delivered the washer and took my old one away for free.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 09:47 AM   #53
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

And speaking of dishwashers, no matter what I do I can't get the dishes to rinse clean. Well, some of them. It seems the older glasses that we have are more troublesome and some of the plastic ware. Tried the fancy "pods", liquids, powders, that "finish" dish rinser. We don't have a water softener anymore, got rid of it 10 years ago but the dish film is a more recent problem. What's a guy to do?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 02:09 PM   #54
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWER View Post
Bosch is the only option here. We had Bosch in the last house and got Electrolux at this one. Miss the Bosch.

GE Profile are also good just get the one with the stainless tub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMCOOKIES335... View Post
I second the Bosch, We love ours. We decided to go all out when we built our home last year and bought nicer stuff then we usually would have. Do not regret it.
+1 on the Bosch, specifically pay up for the 800 series. Many have recommended a lower end Bosch.

I bought this 800 series from Sears: http://www.sears.com/bosch-24inch-80...p-02216833000P

It is the best I've ever used. It has a 3rd rack for utensils, which frees up more room for dishes as you don't need the utensil basket.
And this thing cleans really well as it uses really hot water and pressures. Lastly, it is also super quiet and uses condensation to dry the dishes, meaning, it doesn't use any more power to heat up a "dryer".

There's another 800 series that is 99% the same except the buttons are on the front instead of the top. Mine are on the top, and my counter's overhang blocks the view of the buttons when it's closed. No big deal as there's an LED light that shines on the floor indicating the cycle is still going, but just something to consider, if you like to read a countdown timer.

here it is: http://www.sears.com/bosch-24inch-80...8&blockType=G8

Both versions (the 800 series model) is on the Consumer Reports recommended list.

Also $1000 is pretty much retail price right now. If you wait for the right sale and throw a coupon on top of it, you can get it for around $600-$700.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 04-01-2015 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 02:23 PM   #55
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Also to address the few poor reviews on the 800 series that is written on the Sears website...

The indirect drying does take longer to dry. What I do is, let the drying process run for at least 10 minutes or so, then simply crack over the door and leave it for a few hours to air dry that way. This works 99% of the time and every item comes out dry.

Regarding the complaint about the smell, every new dishwasher has a break-in period where it'll smell. All the components are getting heated up for the first time. My smell went away after the 3 wash.
      04-02-2015, 08:20 AM   #56
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
And speaking of dishwashers, no matter what I do I can't get the dishes to rinse clean. Well, some of them. It seems the older glasses that we have are more troublesome and some of the plastic ware. Tried the fancy "pods", liquids, powders, that "finish" dish rinser. We don't have a water softener anymore, got rid of it 10 years ago but the dish film is a more recent problem. What's a guy to do?
Did you try this Finish product? We used to have a hard water problem and our last dishwasher used to get a white film in it, which it liked to share with the dishes and glasses. We've used this one for years and everything is perfect and sparkling clean. And don't forget the Jet-Dry
Attached Images

04-03-2015, 01:38 PM   #57
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Did you try this Finish product? We used to have a hard water problem and our last dishwasher used to get a white film in it, which it liked to share with the dishes and glasses. We've used this one for years and everything is perfect and sparkling clean. And don't forget the Jet-Dry
Dammit, they didn't have that at the local grocery store. I'll have to try Target or something.
Appreciate 0