THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Leith BMW

12-02-2014, 10:14 PM   #67
tbc417
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
You guys are crazy. Seriously. Raise hell and let the dealership lose money and cause some poor fool to lose his job right before the holidays over this. Just for some bs non-essential accessory for your car cause you deserve it. It's sad that crap like this means so much to you guys.
I have nothing against this dealer and in no way want anyone to get fired or anything. The dealer cost for these items is much higher then what the true bmw cost for these items is. Im just saying it would be an amazing PR opportunity if BMWNA stepped up and honored the deal vs a PR shitstorm when the cancel them all. Obviously they have the right to cancel them but people will bitch anyways.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 10:50 PM   #68
akuan99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M-Sport Track 6MT

Quote:
You guys are crazy. Seriously. Raise hell and let the dealership lose money and cause some poor fool to lose his job right before the holidays over this. Just for some bs non-essential accessory for your car cause you deserve it. It's sad that crap like this means so much to you guys.
You are right. I really did not need any of the stuff I ordered.
I wished I did not see this deal and wasted so much time on it.
I guess that herd mentality is part of human nature.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 11:19 PM   #69
chaswyck1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i Valencia Orange

So cancel your order and that's one less they have to process.

Last edited by chaswyck1; 12-03-2014 at 06:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 12:44 PM   #70
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Black kidney grilles shipped today.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 02:34 PM   #71
1stm235i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Estoril blue m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Black kidney grilles shipped today.
Lucky you
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #72
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stm235i View Post
Lucky you
Not about me....just trying to counter some of the negativity here to point out that these guys are trying to get back to normal business after being inundated.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 08:44 PM   #73
mmmmm235i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 440xi GC

Quote:
I just went ahead and cancelled the kidney grills and CF spoiler order since I really didn't want to wait a couple weeks for them. The whole point of buying stuff was because it was cheap and it would help me ease my euro re-delivery angst. I was super nice about it and John said he would bump my order for the all-weather floor mats to the top if I wanted to keep that order. I said sure and he said I should get those by next week.
So let me get this straight, you are receiving something you wanted and getting to choose to cancel your other orders and talking down to others who are not getting the same opportunity. Thats hilarious and I'm not calling for anyones job, but if I entered the code on Friday night and it didn't work I wouldn't have thought twice about it. I've ordered things from websites all the time that end up being out of stock and are not worth the wait, but this is BMW. Funny how your preaching about letting them off the hook after your order "got bumped to the top" and acting like a saint about it. You probably are saving more money than I was on my order vs. SUN. I was more than understanding in all communications with them and just really think its shady business to send the extension kit and no diffuser.

RETIRED:
2018 440xi GC, Carbon Black on Black/Blue
2014 M235i Black on Black, DINAN Stage 2
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 09:08 PM   #74
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmm235i View Post
So let me get this straight, you are receiving something you wanted and getting to choose to cancel your other orders and talking down to others who are not getting the same opportunity.
Yep. I was going to let my orders stand (1 order for cf spoiler + grills, 2nd order for floor mats), but after people started having orders cancelled and hearing of all the mayhem, I decided to call them up and cancel both my orders. John cancelled order 1 for me and then when he got to the second one, he said if I want to keep the order for the mats, he could have them to me by next week. I said sure and he said he would bump the order to the top. He did this because I called and sympathised with him over the issue, rather than shitting on them. I spoke to him like a human being who was caught in a storm he may have not even created, and if he had, surely was unintentional and not deserving of the waves it created for him.

You are telling me that you spoke to them, communicated in a sensible manner over the phone and they refused to cancel the order and shipped you something anyway completely out of spite?
      12-04-2014, 02:39 AM   #75
chaswyck1
Lieutenant
Rep

The charges for my two orders which were listed on my card statement as "pending" are no longer there. They disappeared. Still no communication from Leith.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 02:56 AM   #76
AbuQutaita
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M240i

Garage List
2018 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaswyck@yahoo.com View Post
The charges for my two orders which were listed on my card statement as "pending" are no longer there. They disappeared. Still no communication from Leith.
I spoke with someone in their parts department yesterday morning to get a clarification about something (non M perf part) that I had ordered. Then I asked about orders for the M perf parts, and he said that "they'll probably be canceled", and cited specific examples like the MPE and diffuser (but not the grills). Since I didn't order any myself, I didn't press him on it.

Like it's been mentioned before. Sun Motor Cars BMW offers up to 35% off parts year-round, and while 50% would've been nicer, it's still a great discount. I've also found that bmwpartspros offers good discounts, but usually not as good, and right now they're charging shipping even though BMW has their free 2-day shipping promotion.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 05:54 AM   #77
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

2 day free shipping from BMW was not offered on the MPE or the tips that I forgot tot order the first time around...since the computer system links them with the exhaust as a heavy item...
Don't mind paying it just hope I get it
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 11:13 AM   #78
mmmmm235i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 440xi GC

Quote:

You are telling me that you spoke to them, communicated in a sensible manner over the phone and they refused to cancel the order and shipped you something anyway completely out of spite?

I have now received a response in regard to the sensible email I sent to John in regards to my order. I never said they shipped it out of spite, but clearly a mistake to not realize the two parts went together. I was told that my order will be honored when they are able to source the parts, which is perfect for me as my car is in the shop for a couple more weeks. As I said from the beginning, the dealership did deserve the benefit of the doubt and I had no problem giving them time to rectify the situation. I was not calling for anyone's job, but was surprised when BMW was trying to go back on it. This is a car forum where we can come and express our feelings about cars and get information. This is an issue we are all dealing with and have a right to our own opinions. Due to my obviously sensible communications with BMW and the dealership, they will be honoring my order, which is all that I asked. Nothing but love for John Bailey and the guys at Leith for doing the right thing. I hope that everyone gets taken care of.

RETIRED:
2018 440xi GC, Carbon Black on Black/Blue
2014 M235i Black on Black, DINAN Stage 2
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 11:20 AM   #79
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmm235i View Post
I have now received a response in regard to the sensible email I sent to John in regards to my order. I never said they shipped it out of spite, but clearly a mistake to not realize the two parts went together. I was told that my order will be honored when they are able to source the parts, which is perfect for me as my car is in the shop for a couple more weeks. As I said from the beginning, the dealership did deserve the benefit of the doubt and I had no problem giving them time to rectify the situation. I was not calling for anyone's job, but was surprised when BMW was trying to go back on it. This is a car forum where we can come and express our feelings about cars and get information. This is an issue we are all dealing with and have a right to our own opinions. Due to my obviously sensible communications with BMW and the dealership, they will be honoring my order, which is all that I asked. Nothing but love for John Bailey and the guys at Leith for doing the right thing. I hope that everyone gets taken care of.
      12-04-2014, 11:45 AM   #80
StephanieDiane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, 2017 M2

Here's my update, if anyone is interested. I didn't order performance stuff. I ordered two jackets and got an email that one was canceled and one was ordered, but could not tell which. I spoke with John (very nice guy) and confirmed that MY jacket was ordered but the one for my husband was not available. I'm okay with that. He went ahead and checked on another order I placed and said those items would be available and should ship next week. Those items are the accessory coat hanger and base, keychain and cap (my husband isn't totally left out). Not exciting stuff, but I'm pleased. The coat accessory is actually quite necessary for me.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 08:57 PM   #81
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

I am just chill'n and waiting...and constantly checking my CC account
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2014, 04:39 PM   #82
smitty16s
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 and X3

Anyone get any shipments yet?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2014, 04:45 PM   #83
M235guy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

I called to speak with them today and was told my POC was at lunch. So another guy in parts who said he couldn't give me a status on online orders, took my info, never got a call back. I'd just like to know if I need to go elsewhere is all.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2014, 04:51 PM   #84
F80_M
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1/1 PSM F80, F36, G11

Here's my update.... Spoke with Marty he stated like many others have that the promo was only suppose to be applied to lifestyle items. The orders are cancelled via BMWUSA as this is incorrectly promo'd for the m performance parts shouldn't have been discounted. He did apologize for the hassle and the confusion in all of it. He also claimed that all orders will be cancelled unless they are the lifestyle items. They have about 500+ more orders to go through. Though I was upset that it was a tease I don't blame them for canceling all the orders. He did however offer 20% discount on my order but it was an impulsive purchase.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2014, 05:06 PM   #85
chaswyck1
Lieutenant
Rep

Here's my take on this. Yes, a mistake was made, but most times in life you have to live with your mistakes. I think most, if not all of us, ordered in good faith. I had no idea that it was supposed to be Lifestyles items only when I ordered. Was it a great deal? Yes, but that weekend there were great deals all over the place. Their discount code was accepted and I checked the box agreeing to their terms. They put the charges through on my credit card. They should honor the orders.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #86
mikeyymonster
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

My pending charge has disappeared, but I haven't gotten confirmation yet. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2014, 05:11 PM   #87
M235guy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaswyck@yahoo.com
Here's my take on this. Yes, a mistake was made, but most times in life you have to live with your mistakes. I think most, if not all of us, ordered in good faith. I had no idea that it was supposed to be Lifestyles items only when I ordered. Was it a great deal? Yes, but that weekend there were great deals all over the place. Their discount code was accepted and I checked the box agreeing to their terms. They put the charges through on my credit card. They should honor the orders.
Kind of how I felt too. I didn't think it was only for lifestyle stuff. Otherwise I wouldn't have ordered
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2014, 05:58 PM   #88
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

My black kidney grilles arrived today. Aren't they MPerformance parts? Still hoping the spoiler makes it.
Appreciate 0