THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery PCD then Register in Florida

11-21-2015, 07:14 PM   #1
cth6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i

Question PCD then Register in Florida

Getting ready to pull the trigger on my F22 order. Looking seriously at the PCD option. Can anyone share their experience titling / registering their car in Florida after the PCD? How was the experience at the DMV? Any fees you didn't expect or where higher than expected?

Thanks in advance. Searched and read a bunch of threads. Plenty of happy folks doing the PCD, but could not find anything close to my questions.

CT
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2015, 09:56 PM   #2
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by cth6 View Post
Getting ready to pull the trigger on my F22 order. Looking seriously at the PCD option. Can anyone share their experience titling / registering their car in Florida after the PCD? How was the experience at the DMV? Any fees you didn't expect or where higher than expected?

Thanks in advance. Searched and read a bunch of threads. Plenty of happy folks doing the PCD, but could not find anything close to my questions.

CT

Getting delivery at the PCD has no effect on the registration of your car. It would be as if you took delivery in your home state. BMW still handles your titling and registration in your home state.
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2015, 06:23 AM   #3
JP23
Rep
Drives: GS/CR M235xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cth6

CT
About two weeks out from your PCD date, your BMW center will contact you to finalize the paperwork. In BMW's and the insurance company's eyes you essentially take ownership of the car this day even though it is not physically in your possession. I live in NJ and was given the option to take the temporary plates and documents with me, or they would send to the PC ahead of me. When you take delivery of the car they ask you for this stuff and install it for you. They even ask before drilling the front plate holder too.
Appreciate 1
      11-24-2015, 01:17 PM   #4
gaijin
Mess Deck Commando
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

The dealership you ordered your BMW from should complete all registration requirements. The same way as if you bought from their dealer stock and took delivery of the car through them. The same dealership will provide you a temporary tag along with the registration document. Or you can elect to have those sent directly to PCD. If you are transferring a FL license tag, the dealership will provide you a temporary registration document that you take along with your FL tag and proof of insurance to PCD.

Note: You will receive the permanent registration (and FL tag as applicable) from your Country Tax office in about two weeks from delivery date.

You should receive a notice from PCD with a reminder for the above requirements.

Hope this helps. It's quite simple and hassle free so long as you make sure you have or are aware of where all requirements stands before leaving for your delivery.