THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Engine Hesitation with JB+ on B58 M240i

02-24-2018, 09:22 AM   #23
rickd
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailySleeper View Post
Sport or Elite?
The expensive one! DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner Stage 1.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 05:12 AM   #24
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
So I have noticed this from time to time as well with my jb4, ‘17 m240i xDrive, and most recently yesterday coming home from work. It was about 95 outside in the Florida heat and the engine was sitting around 230F. Intake temps (even with BMS CAI) were 105ish moving and 125ish at red lights. I was thinking it was heat soak as well because I feel like I notice it on those hotter days after the car has sat in the sun. But it could be the shitty gas from base I put in a few days ago. However, base sells 93 so not sure if octane booster will solve the issue. I’ll be making a trip to mobile today so I’ll see if it does it again today.
Appreciate 1
      06-28-2018, 10:04 AM   #25
kivyee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 230ix Track Pack

When you get hesitation at WOT it is due to misfires. Misfires are commonly due to:
1. Plug condition
2. Too much boost given octane of fuel
3. Too much boost given amt of fuel
4. Too much boost given temperature
5. Too much boost given mods on the car (specifically no fmic)
They are also interrelated...I.e. high octane will let you run more boost and leaner.
If you put some race fuel in the car and the hesitation goes away, then it's most likely 2. If it doesn't go away, probably 1.
In any case, turn your boost down before you cause permanent damage to your car. Modern cars have knock sensors which will pull the timing but they can only do so much.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 11:40 AM   #26
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kivyee View Post
When you get hesitation at WOT it is due to misfires. Misfires are commonly due to:
1. Plug condition
2. Too much boost given octane of fuel
3. Too much boost given amt of fuel
4. Too much boost given temperature
5. Too much boost given mods on the car (specifically no fmic)
They are also interrelated...I.e. high octane will let you run more boost and leaner.
If you put some race fuel in the car and the hesitation goes away, then it's most likely 2. If it doesn't go away, probably 1.
In any case, turn your boost down before you cause permanent damage to your car. Modern cars have knock sensors which will pull the timing but they can only do so much.
Thanks. I was thinking it’s the quality of fuel, but with the same tank of gas I did a long drive to mobile and on the highway it did fine when doing some WOT so I’m thinking it might’ve been the temperature and speed of the car (less air flow to cool things). I’m basically fbo besides stage 1/2 turbo from pure and not running meth. So running map 3 on the b58 jb4 which is +6psi for 93 oct. map 4 or 5 is +6psi with timing adjustments.
Appreciate 1