THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion BMW Announces New M Performance Packages for Most Models, Including Pricing

09-01-2016, 08:24 AM   #45
MadZarBMR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current: '18 M3 ZCP - 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntDX316
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadZarBMR View Post
Only parts added at port will appear on Monroney Sticker. Parts installed after delivery by dealer do not. Either way you will prob not realize a significant bump in resale value thru pricing services because most don't factor these types of "accessories". You will however, have better resale when dealing in private and especially with fellow enthusiasts that know what they are getting and how parts were installed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by masou View Post
When installed at the VPC the parts become "part of the car" and are listed on the windows sticker.
I see.

I was just thinking also about insurance and banks considered value. That stuff will matter when you get hit. It would be sad to stick $7000 worth of OEM options after the car was bought for it to be lost in an accident and not reimbursed because you decided to option a car from the floor or decided to order and install it after it has been delivered!!

Also curious as to would the parts drive up the insurance price because the car would cost more to insure.
Yes, another very good reason to have them on Window sticker. In my case my initial insurance quote when shopping the car was higher than my actual cost. Quote was provided with base price only. I imagine this would vary by insurance provider and your history. From my experience, you can save a ton of money if you bundle your policies with the same company. This way, a 5-10k swing on a 70k+ car should not change your cost by much.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2016, 01:29 PM   #46
gwangji
Canada
Rep
Drives: G02

nice should get those
Appreciate 0