THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Runflat/non-runflat options alternative to Bridgestone S001 (UK)

10-10-2017, 02:40 PM   #1
DazzaF
Rep
Drives: 225d M Sport

Runflat/non-runflat options alternative to Bridgestone S001 (UK)

Hi all,

Apologies to raise this obvious topic but I've not succeeded in finding answers through the search.

Two parts to this (I'm in the UK btw):

1. Runflats - My 225d M Sport has Bridgestone S001 runflat boots on (225/40/18 & 245/35/18). As they approach end of life I want to consider alternative RFTs that give even better grip/feel performance.
Q: Can anyone list the brands/models to look for that ARE runflats? I keep finding that even Google searches are incredibly confusing - often throwing up non-runflats as suggestions. For example, are Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres a RFT or not? (I'm thinking not).

2. Non-RFTs - If I left runflats, can anyone list good options for performance?

Ultimately I'm after (hopefully) better feel/grip performance than the Bridgestones. I'd also like them to have alloy rim protection.

Cheers guys,

Dazza

Last edited by DazzaF; 10-10-2017 at 02:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 03:01 PM   #2
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzaF View Post
Hi all,

Apologies to raise this obvious topic but I've not succeeded in finding answers through the search.

Two parts to this (I'm in the UK btw):

1. Runflats - My 225d M Sport has Bridgestone S001 runflat boots on (225/40/18 & 245/35/18). As they approach end of life I want to consider alternative RFTs that give even better grip/feel performance.
Q: Can anyone list the brands/models to look for that ARE runflats? I keep finding that even Google searches are incredibly confusing - often throwing up non-runflats as suggestions. For example, are Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres a RFT or not? (I'm thinking not).

2. Non-RFTs - If I left runflats, can anyone list good options for performance?

Ultimately I'm after (hopefully) better feel/grip performance than the Bridgestones. I'd also like them to have alloy rim protection.

Cheers guys,

Dazza
Did you do a search in this subforum dedicated to wheels and tires and sponsored by the Tire Rack?

If not, please delete this post and re-search / post in that subforum.

- Your (Mostly) Friendly Forum Deputy
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 03:31 PM   #3
DazzaF
Rep
Drives: 225d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Did you do a search in this subforum dedicated to wheels and tires and sponsored by the Tire Rack?

If not, please delete this post and re-search / post in that subforum.

- Your (Mostly) Friendly Forum Deputy
Copied/pasted to that sub folder matey, but can't see how to delete original post.

D
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00