THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Tracking my car's build status

04-27-2016, 12:30 PM   #1
kevinf
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

Tracking my car's build status

I ordered my car around the beginning of April and have a production number in hand since then. I created a mybmw account on the website and attempted to track the status of the car. Up to today, my car's status has never updated from the "Order documented" state. So it has been in that status for almost a month now. However, when I call the 1-800 number to check the status, they say that my car is awaiting a shipping vessel.

I know that the BMW status tracking on the website can lag behind by weeks but is it normal for it to be this long? According to the website status, my car's production has not even started yet.

Thank you in advancce for the responses.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 12:40 PM   #2
aerostar
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80

Mine said it was still on the ship when I picked it up at the dealership.

The website is way behind most of the time. I would just call your SA.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2016, 12:58 PM   #3
canadaeh89
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 02' 330xi / 16' M235i / 18' M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinf View Post
I ordered my car around the beginning of April and have a production number in hand since then. I created a mybmw account on the website and attempted to track the status of the car. Up to today, my car's status has never updated from the "Order documented" state. So it has been in that status for almost a month now. However, when I call the 1-800 number to check the status, they say that my car is awaiting a shipping vessel.

I know that the BMW status tracking on the website can lag behind by weeks but is it normal for it to be this long? According to the website status, my car's production has not even started yet.

Call BMWNA and get your VIN then you can use these websites to see when it will be built. If it isn't built yet, you can change the last 3 numbers of your VIN to an earlier one and kinda gauge when yours will be built. I am driving myself crazy doing that now haha enjoy!

www.bmwvin.com www.bimmer.work
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2016, 07:31 PM   #4
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinf

There was a point in time where it didn't work at all. :/ In general it was always behind for me too. I just called BMW NA. If you add a contact with the following phone number (and then add a shortcut to that contact) you'll never actually have to dial anything. The commas are 1 second pauses.

8008311117,,2,,2,,,<insert your production number>,,1

Once my car got on a boat both the website and phone number were useless. I contacted my CA to get the name of the vessel that my boat was on and then tracked the boat.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2016, 07:33 PM   #5
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Then I saw the boat in person lol
Attached Images

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 12:22 PM   #6
djarchow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP

Your first option would be calling the dealer. You are going to be spending lots of money there, checking your status should be part of the deal.

Another option (and possibly a better one depending on how responsive your dealer is) would be to call BMW Genius. They have access to the same information your dealer does and can give you much better info than the website or the automated number.

BMW Genius Hotline — 1.844.4GENIUS (443-6487)
Available Monday through Friday 9:00am-9:00pm (EST), and
Saturday 10:00am-7:00pm (EST)
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 03:14 PM   #7
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerostar
Mine said it was still on the ship when I picked it up at the dealership.

The website is way behind most of the time. I would just call your SA.
+1
Appreciate 0