THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Status and Scheduling Questions

03-22-2016, 08:46 AM   #1
DRitch
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M235 XDrive Convertible

Status and Scheduling Questions

I ordered an M235i xDrive Convertible, and did European Delivery, which was a great experience! I'm now impatiently waiting for my car to arrive at the PCD, and I have a couple of questions.

This morning, the car's status on the bmwna web site changed from "En Route to the U.S." to "Finishing Touches". Does this indicate that it has made it through customs, or just that the web site status is catching up with the fact that it made it to the US? It arrived in Brunswick, GA, on Friday.

How does scheduling the actual delivery work? I've heard various things. At first, I thought that it would be scheduled soon after I turned my car in in Munich. I've seen people talk about a scheduled delivery date prior to shipment. My local dealership says that BMW will contact me to arrange a date after the car arrives at the Performance Delivery Center.

I have a lot going on over the next couple of months, and I'd like to get the timing of this worked out as soon as possible. And, of course, I'm missing my car after driving it in Germany, Austria, and Italy!

Thanks in advance for any experiences, ideas, and knowledge!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 11:21 AM   #2
raleedy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i 6-speed

My experience is old, but I did a PCD in January 2008 after ED of the car in November 2007. After some back and forth about the PCD date I talked to the center in South Carolina and was able to co-ordinate a date with them, moving it up a couple of weeks. As I recall, the scheduling was much easier once the car was in the US.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 01:38 PM   #3
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Just out of curiosity, about how much time for you guys was it between ED drop off day and PCD delivery day?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 09:43 PM   #4
DRitch
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M235 XDrive Convertible

I was able to talk to my CA this evening, and got a bit of an update - the change on the website was at the time that the car was apparently inventoried at the dock. It's still waiting to go through customs.

I'd still like to know more about other people's experience in how the scheduling works.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2016, 10:37 AM   #5
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

My car arrived at the port and shortly thereafter I received an email from the performance center with my delivery date. My CA was copied on the email. After I received my date I replied to the email and asked if I'd be able to get an earlier date which allowed me to bump my delivery up by one week.

It's interesting that your car got dropped off in GA. Mine was dropped off here in Charleston. I guess that's the difference between an ED and non-ED car?

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2016, 02:21 PM   #6
redontheline
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EB 235 MT

I don't know which is more the norm, but I was asked to give preferred dates and got one from the PC before I even had a production week. My officially still tentative delivery date is 4/22 and my car arrived in Baltimore 3/23. I already booked flights or I would also be looking to bump up.
Appreciate 0