THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery "Maverick Service"???

03-01-2016, 12:38 AM   #1
cmenning
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235xi, estoril/oyster

"Maverick Service"???

I have a CA who agreed to do an ED with PCD for $999 over ED invoice, minus $1000 option allowance. The vehicle purchase agreement that I received looks largely like I would expect, except for an item called "Maverick Service," which tacks on an additional $240.

What is "Maverick Service?" It seems outside the realm of tax, title, and license, and so my initial inclination is to lump this in with dealer profit. If we agreed to $999 over invoice, should that item be there?

On that note (although I am less concerned about this, just looking for clarity), there is a tag and title fee listed. Should I expect to see this fee, even if I live in a different state from the dealer and am doing PCD? What tag and title service should I expect from a dealer in this situation?

Thanks in advance for your insights and advice.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 12:30 PM   #2
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

It's when Sarah Palin shows up to do your oil change.

There are additional fees the dealer will charge - usually Document, MACO (Advertising), DMV etc.

If they actually have something called "Maverick Service" I have to imagine that is $240 they bake in to the salespersons commission, it is not part of a standard order.

Dealers like sneaking in things after the fact - I got hit with a $200 set of wheel locks that I didn't notice in time and at that point in the process you're usually too worn down to fight them. I'd look over it again more carefully and make sure you're happy - if you've already signed you'd need to renegotiate the sales contract.
      03-01-2016, 07:01 PM   #3
cmenning
United_States
Rep

It turns out that this is a fee paid to an outside notary service that takes care of document signing for out-of-state purchases when the buyer can't come in to do the paperwork. Non-negotiable. I can understand the utility of it, but am irritated that it was not presented earlier and transparently when we were negotiating.

Yippie-Kai-yay...
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 08:51 AM   #4
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmenning View Post
It turns out that this is a fee paid to an outside notary service that takes care of document signing for out-of-state purchases when the buyer can't come in to do the paperwork. Non-negotiable. I can understand the utility of it, but am irritated that it was not presented earlier and transparently when we were negotiating.

Yippie-Kai-yay...
Too late to tell them to go suck a lemon?

There's no way they can justify $240 for those services.

This is just dealer profit.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 09:41 AM   #5
cmenning
United_States
Rep

Too late for that. I'm leaving for Munich on Monday and all of those travel arrangements were made long ago. The price with the $1000 option allowance comes in about where I expected to end up in the first place, so the total is still fine in my book. I am disappointed in the way the dealer handled this particular situation, though--this should have been made transparent, and I have communicated that. It's the principle that bothers me more. I'm looking forward to the rest of the process going very smoothly.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 09:52 AM   #6
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Oh yeah, it shouldn't be a show stopper--you're gonna mention it in the dealer survey though right?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 02:46 PM   #7
cmenning
United_States
Rep

Yeah, I'll mention it there. The dealer and CA have opportunities to show that they are capable of providing the kind of service that is expected of them between now and the end of the process as well, and I am keeping track.
Appreciate 0