THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Tough finding M235i like I want, settle or order?

02-29-2016, 01:19 AM   #23
tenfour
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: at the speed limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dphjr View Post
My 2 cents: Don't bother with the HK, just be like me and spend that money on exhaust mods You won't miss your music at all and the stock speaker system is (in my opinion) very good for what it is. Also go for the summers if you can, the pilot super sports are some really incredible tires. I have a set of winter tires for just that and will be switching between them in the seasons.
Going to have to agree and say that HK is definitely disappointing, as I have HK. This is a comparison to my other vehicles with Bang and Olufsen and Bose.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 10:59 AM   #24
krhodes1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Wagon

Garage List
2011 128i  [10.00]
2011 BMW 328i Touring  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenfour View Post
Going to have to agree and say that HK is definitely disappointing, as I have HK. This is a comparison to my other vehicles with Bang and Olufsen and Bose.
I find it sounds pretty much exactly the same as in my 3-series with H/K. Without the opportunity to screw up the sound by turning on the worthless Logic 7 processing. By no means the best sound I have ever heard in a car, but far, far, far, from the worst.

Having rented a couple 2's with the base system, it was worth $875 to me to not have to think about upgrading the speakers.

'11 328! Touring - Tasman on Chestnut, 6spd manual, factory upside-down "i" option
'11 128i Convertible - Space Gray on Savannah Beige, 6spd manual,
also '14 Mercedes-Benz E350 wagon, '95 Land Rover Discovery, '74 Triumph Spitfire
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 03:35 PM   #25
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhodes1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenfour View Post
I find it sounds pretty much exactly the same as in my 3-series with H/K. Without the opportunity to screw up the sound by turning on the worthless Logic 7 processing. By no means the best sound I have ever heard in a car, but far, far, far, from the worst.

Having rented a couple 2's with the base system, it was worth $875 to me to not have to think about upgrading the speakers.
I bought base audio because I want to upgrade the speakers. This is a bit of a project car for me.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 01:00 PM   #26
BMWadvisor_SeymurG
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yas Marina M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by djarchow View Post
I am shopping for an M235i to replace my 335is. there are none here in Iowa and I have my dealer searching for one to ship in. Since I haven't heard back from him in a couple days I have been searching myself on cars.com and autotrader.

Here is what I want:

M235i
Estoril Blue
Blk Dakota interior
Aluminum trim
Tech package
Winter package - there are lots with just heated seats but I really want the heated steering wheel too
Harmon Kardon
I don't care about the Driver assist package but will take it if need be as most have it. I don't want the DA Plus package as it will set off my Valentine1, not to mention the extra cost.

Seems like a reasonably common build but I have only found three nationwide that are close. There are a lot that would be exact but the dealers ordered them with run flat all seasons. Who wants an M(ish) car with all seasons? Of the three I found, all have a bunch of dealer added extras like carbon bits or the LSD.

So do I settle for something I am not overly crazy about like the wood interior on a blue car, missing the winter pack etc. or wait to have one built. Yeah I know only I can make that decision but it also feels good to rant a bit.

Thanks!
PM me if you have any questions I'm here to help!

Contact me first before taking delivery!!
Lauderdale BMW of Ft. Lauderdale

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 01:22 PM   #27
djarchow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWadvisor_SeymurG View Post
PM me if you have any questions I'm here to help!
I actually ordered an M235i back in February and am waiting for it to get on the boat in Bremerhaven.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 01:57 PM   #28
BMWadvisor_SeymurG
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yas Marina M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by djarchow View Post
I actually ordered an M235i back in February and am waiting for it to get on the boat in Bremerhaven.

Thanks!
Very nice, congrats!

Contact me first before taking delivery!!
Lauderdale BMW of Ft. Lauderdale

Appreciate 0