THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Comfort Access tricks

10-27-2014, 12:07 PM   #1
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Comfort Access tricks

I know this isnt new news but anyone notice you can lock you doors and leave the engine running...its great when you go pickup food and leave the car running (might be illegal in some states)

Any other CA tricks you know?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 12:14 PM   #2
Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '19 M2 '21 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ska///235i View Post
I know this isnt new news but anyone notice you can lock you doors and leave the engine running...its great when you go pickup food and leave the car running (might be illegal in some states)

Any other CA tricks you know?
Dont let the wife touch her door handle before you if she has her key otherwise when you get in the car your knees will be up to your chest

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 06:08 PM   #3
benes136
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i Estoril Blue

strange my girlfriend unlocks the passengar side with her key but when i get in the drivers side and press start it still maintains all of my presets... Maybe it depends who is closer to the start button or drivers side door?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 09:43 PM   #4
Solarphil
Private
Rep
Drives: Nickole - MG & CR M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by benes136 View Post
strange my girlfriend unlocks the passengar side with her key but when i get in the drivers side and press start it still maintains all of my presets... Maybe it depends who is closer to the start button or drivers side door?
Have you both saved a profile?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 08:03 PM   #5
sstarrx3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Mineral White/Terra

Does not matter what fob is used to open the door. The seat settings will remain where they were the last time the door was locked. Fob has no effect on memory seat settings. Meaning the wife will need to hit the #2 button on the seat when she gets in to adjust to her settings. Next time you get in you will need to press #1. Its dumb...unlike most modern cars out there.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 11:57 PM   #6
bacampbe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 Z4 M40i PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarrx3 View Post
Does not matter what fob is used to open the door. The seat settings will remain where they were the last time the door was locked. Fob has no effect on memory seat settings. Meaning the wife will need to hit the #2 button on the seat when she gets in to adjust to her settings. Next time you get in you will need to press #1. Its dumb...unlike most modern cars out there.
So it's different than on the F30? The fob absolutely has an effect on memory seat settings on my wife's 328i. Or do you mean when unlocking the passenger door?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 12:13 AM   #7
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

The new cars use profiles in idrive for these settings. The F2x models do for sure. Not sure about f3x.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 05:17 AM   #8
espo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

There is a setting in the I-Drive the sets if the FOB controls the seat and mirror positions.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 06:33 AM   #9
david.orr
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Cars

With fob in pocket or bag, I could CA open the boot without using the key fob.

Whilst the boot is open and doors locked, I can't CA open the front doors unless I close the boot or use the key fob.

I have to remind myself each time I leave my bag in the boot, to not close boot with key fob in bag.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 02:41 PM   #10
sstarrx3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by espo View Post
There is a setting in the I-Drive the sets if the FOB controls the seat and mirror positions.
Could you be more specific? Right now I got my profile and my wife's profile set, but when using the fobs only the mirror positions change when using each of our fobs. The seats remain in the last position they were in and I do not have that box checked in the Door/Key settings. The manual is not very specific either.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 02:44 PM   #11
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarrx3
Quote:
Originally Posted by espo View Post
Could you be more specific? Right now I got my profile and my wife's profile set, but when using the fobs only the mirror positions change when using each of our fobs. The seats remain in the last position they were in and I do not have that box checked in the Door/Key settings. The manual is not very specific either.
+1
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 03:28 PM   #12
bacampbe
Lieutenant
Rep

On my wife's F30, the fob you use to unlock the driver's door selects the profile that was active the last time you used the fob. That is, the profile that was active when you last exited after having entered with that fob.

Each profile has it's own seat memories (3 on the F30. One for each memory button, and the position the seat was in when you last exited. That last one may or may not match one of the memories, depending on whether you've made any adjustments since you saved or recalled the memory.)

I think you can turn this all on and off in iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 03:45 PM   #13
sstarrx3
Captain
Rep

Ok, I got it working now after some trial and error. First, you do have to set up a profile for each person/fob. First thing to remember when setting it up to do one fob at time. Leave the other fob "in the house" while you are setting up its twin.

Unlock the door with Fob #1. Set everything you want set, mirrors, seats (if you have memory seats), radio station, climate control. Go to setting in IDrive and select the profile that has the check mark by it, you can name it by pushing the dial to the right to get to options to rename. It will default to dashes for a name. Once you have it named, back out and go to the Door/Remote setting. There is a check box to have the seats go to last position you had it. Make sure this is checked. Turn off the car, leave and lock it with the remote. Go back in the house and switch remotes and only bring the new one with you leaving the other in the house. Unlock the door with it and go through the same steps above. Of course you will need the spouse to come in and set things up to her liking. Once you do all of this it will now change all these setting including the seat position according to the fob that was used when the profile was set.

My big mistake in all of this was always having both fobs in my pocket. That confuses the car and you will never get it to save correctly.

Last edited by sstarrx3; 10-31-2014 at 03:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 03:56 PM   #14
sstarrx3
Captain
Rep

The profile is nice because you can set allot of different thing up on it (list is in the manual) and they will all be remembered with the fob. We did not have the Infotainment System on our Pathfinder so it was much easier. You set your mirrors and seats then paired your fob up to the seat memory # and it was done. But those two settings is all you get, seats and mirrors. The Bimmer has allot more stuff, so its a little more complicated to setup...but not really once you know how to do it.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 04:43 PM   #15
bacampbe
Lieutenant
Rep

On the F30, we were originally confused by the fact that changing profiles actually changes the content of the seat position memories. The TSX that my wife used to have would just change which memory was selected.

This causes her grief because she usually opens the passenger side and puts her purse in, then walks around to the drivers side. If I drove the car last, this leaves my profile active. And she can't just hit one of the memory buttons to reposition the seat, because neither button has "her" seat position. She can work around it by re-locking the car before entering on the driver side. If she forgets she has to manually switch profiles in iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 05:58 PM   #16
bladeomatic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

2 small tips in the manual that are somewhat obscure:

1) Locking the car with the nib on the door handle does NOT lock the fuel door. Remote does. Can't think of situations where this would apply.

2) Clicking the alarm "arm" button twice within 10 seconds, locks the car but disables the motion sensor component. Probably good for when towing, etc. I also now use this when the dog's with me:
-Pull into Starbucks with the sunroof open
-Lock the dog in the car with 1st click, disable the motion sensor with the 2nd click
-Dog can go apeshit in the car waiting for daddy to return with his latte without setting off the alarm.

Before this revelation, it was like a 3 stooges skit with me running out to disable the alarm every time the pooch set it off.

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 09:07 PM   #17
stevearmstrong
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 14 f22 M235i, 07 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeomatic View Post
2 small tips in the manual that are somewhat obscure:

1) Locking the car with the nib on the door handle does NOT lock the fuel door. Remote does. Can't think of situations where this would apply.

2) Clicking the alarm "arm" button twice within 10 seconds, locks the car but disables the motion sensor component. Probably good for when towing, etc. I also now use this when the dog's with me:
-Pull into Starbucks with the sunroof open
-Lock the dog in the car with 1st click, disable the motion sensor with the 2nd click
-Dog can go apeshit in the car waiting for daddy to return with his latte without setting off the alarm.

Before this revelation, it was like a 3 stooges skit with me running out to disable the alarm every time the pooch set it off.

Wonder if it was also like this on my old 335? I spent years running back out to the car to disable the alarm. So glad you enlightened me!
Appreciate 0