THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum 228i M Sport Build Advice

10-21-2014, 09:08 PM   #23
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

I was in the same boat as you before I decided to get a m235i

The 228i I build had
$550 for paint
$3000 for msport
$900 for lighting
It was somehwere just below $38,000

I negotiated down to $31,800 with incentives at the time (in July)

Ended up getting a m235i
It comes standard with
Power seats
Lighting package
Moonroof
Msport
That you would have to pay for in a 228i

I added
Metallic paint
Red leather interior
And paid $41,450

If you skip the leather you'll may be able to get your $40k mark or maybe below
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 01:57 AM   #24
HarmOG
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 228

Mine was a pretty similar build (with the 2014 model). I live in SoCal now and really didn't care about the heated seats. I was really looking forward to the power seats with memory buttons because any time my wife drives my car, it takes me a while to get the seat back to where I like it. Having said that, I realized that it happens very rarely and wasn't worth it when I was trying to go on the cheaper side (MSRP of $40k, bought for $37k). Manual seats took a little bit of time to get used to because there are so many buttons/ levers. Every time someone gets in my car, they can't figure out how to push the seat back. For the driver though, they seem great to me.

I think the H/K system could be improved, but is still way better than the stock and worth the price. Lighting seems to be a no brainer. I occasionally see pretty recent M3's driving around OC with non-Xenon lights and it seems so ridiculously dated. It does seem to provide a really good view at night as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 09:19 PM   #25
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
I'm finally getting ready to build mine and have pretty much decided on lighting, m and track packs, and cold weather. I'm also considering the premium package, but would prefer the resiliency of the sensatec seats. But I also want the auto dimming mirrors, keyless start etc. I wish you could order a premium package with sensatec and I'd do it. Otherwise, I'll have to go with the power seat option and moonroof ala cart and forego the other items.
Appreciate 0