THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Advice Please: Dead Battery

12-24-2016, 07:10 PM   #23
raleedy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Our dealership cautions me to lock the car, even in the garage. This (locking) apparently shuts down all the background accessories that would otherwise run on for another 10-15min. They say it will help with battery longevity, and that it could promote full drain if you also only drive short distances. Glad to hear they don't have some 'feature' that automatically kills them after full drain, so you were able to recharge it.
I lock the car in the garage too, for much the same reason. But don't let anyone suggest that locking the car will kill the engine if it's been left on or left in "auto off" state. It won't, even if it shuts down other stuff.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 09:09 PM   #24
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

No, I was just thinking it might explain how his battery got dead, or how to help keep it charged. The idea of accidentally leaving it running is scary, but really impossible at my place (too loud not to notice). I could see that in a car park or big garage, where the sound wasn't as noticeable. I guess another argument to go full catless muffler delete (like the Harleys - its a "safety feature" - geez honey, I'm saving our lives with this...).
Appreciate 0