THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Warning!! Extreme Levels of EMFs coming from BMW

Closed Thread

05-05-2016, 01:21 PM   #45
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

I would bet much more that it has to do with the plastics and materials. The exact symptoms you are talking about I experience every single time I ride in a late model Audi. It sucks because I actually like Audis but something about the materials they use and the scent of the interiors (which is very distinct) makes me car sick and makes my head feel fuzzy. I had a rental Dodge Challenger the other day that was brand new, the plastic off gassing was so extreme in that car that I could only spend 10-15 minutes in it at a time. There are many more instances of people having these types of reactions due to materials than there are to EMFs. So a couple of questions:
1- Have you tested any of the other cars your family rides in to see what levels they produce?
2- Have you tried turning off the ambient lighting in the new 7 (can you?)... Lots of LEDs in that car and LEDs are major culprits of electronic interference. For example pay attention if you buy LED bulbs for your house, many of them will carry warnings about the ability for those bulbs to interfere with alarm systems and garage door openers.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 01:22 PM   #46
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
This thread is really unbelievable
You should see the one over in the F30 threads:

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1258160
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 01:27 PM   #47
TBN54
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08' E92 335 -> 17' F30 340i

Always high when I drive so I'm feeling those symptoms even before I sit in the car.

jk.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 01:35 PM   #48
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex2670 View Post
You should see the one over in the F30 threads:

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1258160
It's also here: http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1258167

It's like EMF's just floating around everywhwere.
      05-05-2016, 01:56 PM   #49
es1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5

what model did you b uy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsix View Post
I bought an armoured iphone 6 case. Armoured case, armoured glass and my sleep started getting better...it even extended to 7hours
and I own that case for a few weeks.
OP is right, there is something about this electromagnetic field that has impact on us. All I can say is watch yourself, everyone of you, and stay healthy.
What model did you buy? I also bought for my daughter Pong case (pongcase.com) that is specifiaclay designed to reduce radiation. It is serious serious problem.
https://urbanarmorgear.com/collectio...phone-6s-cases
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2016, 02:32 PM   #50
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Y'all know electromagnetic hypersensitivity is a thing, right?

http://www.who.int/peh-emf/publications/facts/fs296/en/

Last edited by fravel; 05-05-2016 at 02:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 02:41 PM   #51
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
Y'all know electromagnetic hypersensitivity is a thing, right?

http://www.who.int/peh-emf/publications/facts/fs296/en/
Did you actually read that article?

In short: There is no medical basis for electromagnetic hypersensitivity as a condition. The symptoms self reported by those who feel effected vary widely between individuals, making any proper medical diagnosis start with a psychological evaluation. Studies cannot correlate EMF exposure to symptoms reported by those who claim to be sensitive in laboratory conditions.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 02:50 PM   #52
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartato View Post
Did you actually read that article?

In short: There is no medical basis for electromagnetic hypersensitivity as a condition. The symptoms self reported by those who feel effected vary widely between individuals, making any proper medical diagnosis start with a psychological evaluation. Studies cannot correlate EMF exposure to symptoms reported by those who claim to be sensitive in laboratory conditions.
Yeah, they also say this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHO
EHS is characterized by a variety of non-specific symptoms that differ from individual to individual. The symptoms are certainly real and can vary widely in their severity. Whatever its cause, EHS can be a disabling problem for the affected individual. EHS has no clear diagnostic criteria and there is no scientific basis to link EHS symptoms to EMF exposure. Further, EHS is not a medical diagnosis, nor is it clear that it represents a single medical problem.
I'm really just trying to tell OP that there's not necessarily anything wrong with his car, but he's probably not crazy either.
      05-05-2016, 02:57 PM   #53
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
There is a condition where people can be extremely sensitive to EMF....electrohypersensitivity I think...perhaps your wife and daughter have it?
NO, there is NOT. NO reputable doctor will support a diagnosis of this condition because it doesn't exist and is entirely a result of the patient imagining he has it (placebo effect). The whole problem here is people don't know how to, or are incapable of properly evaluating information. I don't even know where to start on that, so how about be skeptical and challenge yourself not to believe anything you hear or read unless it makes sense without any gaps or reaching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast F30 View Post
Wind Beezes, your so smart so tell me the answer to my problem. We get in the car drive for 5-10 min and start feeling sick? We get out of the car and the sick feeling continues for up to 2-3 hours. Please explain how if its not EMF causing it what it could be. I have already eliminated off gassing as a cause. Also please explain why when the car is off the Gauss meter reads about 3 Milgauss and when the engine is started it jumps to over 100? Keep in mind high levels of EMF equates to Radiation. We all know radiation causes cancer and other illnesses.
You might want to re-read this link to see for yourself how high BMW EMF levels are compared to other cars.
http://www.ahappyhabitat.com/cars.html
I have no idea what's wrong but it's probably not the car unless someone intentionally contaminated it with some sort of poison which sounds about as unlikely as it gets. There could also be health issues involved, like motion sickness, but the most likely cause is your brain. The resolution will be entirely dependent on you realizing your beliefs are unsubstantiated and going on to deal with whatever mundane thing is making you sick, if it still exists after that epiphany. It's remotely possible that you may just not like the way the car smells. I can't comment on the phenomenon of outgassing as I know nothing about it, but I have been in certain cars, mostly domestics, that just made me feel ill after a while due to the plasticky odor.

100 milligauss is absolutely nothing, lol. My god, WHY would you get upset over numbers without understanding what they mean? You clearly never looked at a scale of field strength and don't know what those numbers mean. Why you would freak out over something that you should KNOW you don't understand makes no sense and shines some light on what sort of completely unsupported thought processes we're dealing with here. The earth's magnetic field at the surface is several times stronger than that, and a fucking REFRIGERATOR magnet is 500 times stronger. Anyway, most of that's probably coming from the alternator, and guess what, every car does this and it's NOT AN ISSUE. It will not make you sick. Also, your measuring device is probably not legit, but that's really irrelevant since there's no reason to be measuring anything anyway. Finally, this meter measures MAGNETIC FLUX, it does not measure RADIATION.....lol.

Now for the really important part: all this electromagnetic radiation is NON-IONIZING, which means it does not cause cancer. You need very high energy radiation like X-rays or Gamma rays to ionize (fuck with) your body's molecules. Your BMW does not produce these, full stop. If you really want to scare yourself, buy a geiger counter off ebay and enjoy the ionizing radiation that's present literally everywhere. Even THAT is not a problem though because it's very weak.

Last edited by The Wind Breezes; 05-05-2016 at 03:02 PM..
Appreciate 5
      05-05-2016, 03:30 PM   #54
Mandi90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
NO, there is NOT. NO reputable doctor will support a diagnosis of this condition because it doesn't exist and is entirely a result of the patient imagining he has it (placebo effect).
Agreed.

From the linked aritcle:
Quote:
The majority of studies indicate that EHS individuals cannot detect EMF exposure any more accurately than non-EHS individuals. Well controlled and conducted double-blind studies have shown that symptoms were not correlated with EMF exposure.
On an anecdotal basis, there is a town in West Virginia where they have heavily restricted any form of RF in order to more accurately do radio astronomy. Many not-so-sane people have moved there because they believe they suffer from EMF sensitivity (side note, these crazies have caused significant issues for the normal people living there) Multiple news organizations have done interviews with the people who have flocked to this town, and in many cases, the interviewers have surreptitiously turned on cell phones, or other RF emitting devices, with absolutely ZERO reaction from the so called EMF sensitive people, until the journalist reveals his/her cell phone has been on for the entire interview. The 'EMF sensitive' people suddenly, once they have been told a cell phone is on, develop symptoms.

Certainly not a controlled study, but it lends even more credence to the real, controlled, double blind studies. Also side note, these journalists have done harm to the real work of radio astronomy, so definitely not the best way to go about outing crazies.

I would put 'EMF sensitivity' on the same level as vaccine deniers, but the vaccine deniers have actually done harm to society as a whole, while the 'EMF sensitive' people are flat out bonkers, without really harming anyone else.

And yes, I used quotes around 'EMF sensitivity' because it just ain't real, other than as an imagined ailment. Other than a mental illness, of course.
      05-05-2016, 03:51 PM   #55
DDD31
Captain
Rep
Drives: 24 M3CS, 95 E320, 85 300CD

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 03:55 PM   #56
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
On an anecdotal basis, there is a town in West Virginia where they have heavily restricted any form of RF in order to more accurately do radio astronomy. Many not-so-sane people have moved there because they believe they suffer from EMF sensitivity (side note, these crazies have caused significant issues for the normal people living there) Multiple news organizations have done interviews with the people who have flocked to this town, and in many cases, the interviewers have surreptitiously turned on cell phones, or other RF emitting devices, with absolutely ZERO reaction from the so called EMF sensitive people, until the journalist reveals his/her cell phone has been on for the entire interview. The 'EMF sensitive' people suddenly, once they have been told a cell phone is on, develop symptoms.
Snowshoe!

If you've never been, it's pretty crazy going from full bars on your cell phone and a million fm channels on the radio to being in a total dead zone in an instant.
      05-05-2016, 04:02 PM   #57
baseking
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 e92 AW/FR DCT

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Assuming you are not affiliated in any way with this website, may I make the suggestion of driving someone else around. Like take a family friend out for a drive and let them sit where your wife/kid get sick, but do NOT tell them beforehand what you are testing. After 30 minutes or so, ask them how they are feeling, if they complain from the same symptoms then it might be the car.

Otherwise you might be suffering from an imaginary family, 7-series and EMF hypersensitivity.
Appreciate 2
      05-05-2016, 04:18 PM   #58
Poleposition
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
United_States
Rep
Drives: very well

How about putting them in another 750il? See if it still happens.
2024 i4 M50 on order

IG @purpleM5Comp_NY
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2016, 04:25 PM   #59
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
http://www.who.int/peh-emf/about/Wha...en/index1.html
please stop spreading FUD.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2016, 06:39 PM   #60
Fast F30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 13 335i

FYI....http://www.ahappyhabitat.com/
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 06:41 PM   #61
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
How many times are you going to post that?

Electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS) is a proposed pathological sensitivity to electromagnetic fields in the environment. EHS is not a recognized medical diagnosis, and there is no scientific basis for it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electr...persensitivity
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org

Last edited by SakhirM4; 05-05-2016 at 06:46 PM..
Appreciate 2
      05-05-2016, 07:01 PM   #62
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

Quote:
Look, I get that you didn't read my posts, but come on, you're only insulting yourself at this point by posting that stuff. Please prove me wrong and respond to my posts--I address every issue you raised and more in a reasonable and informative way, but you have nothing to say? That's curious.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 07:22 PM   #63
08njSTEP
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 335i, '66 SS396 Chevelle

Quote:
Read 3 paragraphs and it's so obviously fear mongering. "School children commiting suicide because the computers in the school produce EMF.
RIGHT!!!! That has got to be the reason.
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2016, 09:41 PM   #64
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

So I ate Chinese food for dinner, and now I feel sick. It's gotta be EMF! Oh wait, how does a 15 Honda Accord coupe fit in the hierarchy of EMF naughtiness?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 09:48 PM   #65
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
The more times you say/post something doesn't make it more true. You are truly a glutton for punishment. You are not even good at trolling--why bother?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 09:57 PM   #66
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Hey guys,
I just found this: http://www.ahappyhabitat.com/cars.html

Maybe it is true.
Closed Thread