THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Delivery estimates (USA)

01-13-2015, 11:23 PM   #1
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Delivery estimates (USA)

Hi, my M235i is pre-production (status code 112 ... allocated, but not yet scheduled).

My dealer told me that, once production starts, BMW will give him a concrete estimate of the delivery time, taking into account shipping, VDC, VPC, trucking, etc. i.e. a specific date.

For those whose cars are currently in production, have you gotten estimates of when you will actually get your car ? If so, please share:
1 - Rough location within the US (West coast, East coast, midwest, etc)
2 - Any delivery estimates you've received from your dealer, now that your car is in production.

This will give me an idea of when I'll get my own.

Thank you.

Last edited by Inline_Six; 02-09-2015 at 10:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 12:33 AM   #2
huma
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 one day

I think it's 6-8 weeks after production starts.
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2015, 12:35 AM   #3
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma View Post
I think it's 6-8 weeks after production starts.
Thanks, is yours pre-production too ?
      01-14-2015, 12:38 AM   #4
huma
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlineSixTwinScroll View Post
Thanks, is yours pre-production too ?
Yup. If you want to find out when your vehicle is scheduled for production, call the 1-800 number on Bmw's website or look for it in the sticky above. I ordered back in late November and I was told my production date is fourth week of 2015. Fingers crossed, next week.
Appreciate 1
      01-15-2015, 06:52 PM   #5
Nuwheels
Private
Rep

I live in Los Angeles. Got production # for my 235 build the day I ordered on the 13th of this week and started production yesterday...think it is just luck of timing how long in between. And if your dealer has an allocation....after talking to several dealers it is not easy to get a slot in socal. The 800 # says the estimated completion for production is Jan 23rd for reference. I would like to get an estimate from anyone who knows...how long after completion it takes to get to Southern California?
MG, Terra, Manual on order
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2015, 12:03 AM   #6
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuwheels View Post
I live in Los Angeles. Got production # for my 235 build the day I ordered on the 13th of this week and started production yesterday...think it is just luck of timing how long in between. And if your dealer has an allocation....after talking to several dealers it is not easy to get a slot in socal. The 800 # says the estimated completion for production is Jan 23rd for reference. I would like to get an estimate from anyone who knows...how long after completion it takes to get to Southern California?
Wow, what the fucking fuck ?!!!! I ordered on Jan 5 and production still hasn't even been scheduled for a specific date. I'm also in SoCal ... Santa Barbara.

BTW, you and I are kind of lucky. The West Coast port for delivery is Port Hueneme, which is only about an hour (40-50 miles) from either of us. So, after your car gets unloaded at the port, you should have it within a week.

My estimate for your car: 1 week for production + 1 week (worst case) waiting for pickup by ship in Bremerhaven + 4 weeks on ship + 1 week from Port Hueneme dropoff to delivery at dealer = 7 weeks = Mar 5.

You lucky *#$(*$(%*($ !!!
      01-16-2015, 12:55 AM   #7
Nuwheels
Private
Rep

Thanks for the info. When I ordered, my dealer told me it wouldn't start production till last week of Jan so was surprised to check status today and hear production had begun. I would have thought yours would have started as well since you ordered before me. The 800 # as you probably know has updates quicker than the website. Will keep fingers crossed for you on your production date. Honestly think my timing was just pure luck....dealer was sending in his 1 allotment this month the day I ordered and changed the specs to mine...I would keep on your CA also. Anyway, will all be a small blip in the radar when you drive yours home. Will keep you posted
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2015, 01:47 AM   #8
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the info. When I ordered, my dealer told me it wouldn't start production till last week of Jan so was surprised to check status today and hear production had begun. I would have thought yours would have started as well since you ordered before me. The 800 # as you probably know has updates quicker than the website. Will keep fingers crossed for you on your production date. Honestly think my timing was just pure luck....dealer was sending in his 1 allotment this month the day I ordered and changed the specs to mine...I would keep on your CA also. Anyway, will all be a small blip in the radar when you drive yours home. Will keep you posted
You're welcome. Here's the WW (widely used shipping company) schedule for: After Jan 23 (your production completion date), from Bremerhaven, Germany to Port Hueneme, CA:

Origin Port Departure Destination port Arrival Vessel Voyage Transit (Days) Booking

BREMERHAVEN 24/01/2015 PORT HUENEME, CA 18/02/2015 TORTUGAS CD504-TOR 25 Wallenius Wilhelmsen small arrowBook It
BREMERHAVEN 07/02/2015 PORT HUENEME, CA 04/03/2015 MANON CD506-MAN 25 Wallenius Wilhelmsen small arrowBook It
BREMERHAVEN 21/02/2015 PORT HUENEME, CA 18/03/2015 TOMAR CD508-TMR 25 Wallenius Wilhelmsen small arrowBook It
BREMERHAVEN 07/03/2015 PORT HUENEME, CA 01/04/2015 TIRRANNA CD510-TIR 25 Wallenius Wilhelmsen small arrowBook It

http://offices.2wglobal.com/offices/...ppSchedules%2F

The transit time is slightly less than 4 whole weeks. It's more like 25 days.
      01-16-2015, 02:12 AM   #9
Nuwheels
Private
Rep

Quote:
You're welcome. Here's the WW (widely used shipping company) schedule for: After Jan 23 (your production completion date), from Bremerhaven, Germany to Port Hueneme, CA:

Origin Port Departure Destination port Arrival Vessel Voyage Transit (Days) Booking

BREMERHAVEN 24/01/2015 PORT HUENEME, CA 18/02/2015 TORTUGAS CD504-TOR 25 Wallenius Wilhelmsen small arrowBook It
BREMERHAVEN 07/02/2015 PORT HUENEME, CA 04/03/2015 MANON CD506-MAN 25 Wallenius Wilhelmsen small arrowBook It
BREMERHAVEN 21/02/2015 PORT HUENEME, CA 18/03/2015 TOMAR CD508-TMR 25 Wallenius Wilhelmsen small arrowBook It
BREMERHAVEN 07/03/2015 PORT HUENEME, CA 01/04/2015 TIRRANNA CD510-TIR 25 Wallenius Wilhelmsen small arrowBook It

http://offices.2wglobal.com/offices/...ppSchedules%2F

The transit time is slightly less than 4 whole weeks. It's more like 25 days.
Wow....awesome thanks so much. Guess i probably used up all my timing karma to think it would get on that 24th ship, the day after production ends but at least I have an idea now of possible dates. Keep me updated of your progress. Btw, Santa Barbara is about the perfect place for this car!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 07:21 PM   #10
Supernaut
Little Deuce Coupe
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Damn, that's a nice surprise. I'd actually be in trouble if they moved things up that much because I'm doing PCD and need some notice for the time off. My order was confirmed 1/7 and I was told to expect delivery the end of February or beginning of March.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 09:44 PM   #11
Nuwheels
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
Damn, that's a nice surprise. I'd actually be in trouble if they moved things up that much because I'm doing PCD and need some notice for the time off. My order was confirmed 1/7 and I was told to expect delivery the end of February or beginning of March.
Ya so far so good but won't be surprised if it gets delayed at some point in the process...seems to easy to this point
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 12:01 AM   #12
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ya so far so good but won't be surprised if it gets delayed at some point in the process...seems to easy to this point
Right, but honestly, I think the worst phase of the process, and the phase most likely to suffer delays is pre-production, and you've already gotten past that point !!! ... while I still fantasize about seeing the words "Production started" on the MyBMW site, or hearing that annoying 1-800 woman say it. It SUCKS ASS, coz nothing is being done !

From here on, I wouldn't expect too many delays in your delivery. In the worst case,
- Your baby gets to the port in Bremerhaven, just as the WW ship is leaving, so it has to wait 1 - 2 weeks for the next ship.
- Some unexpected delay at Port Hueneme, sitting 60 miles from LA, which seems unlikely. However, some few people have had delays at the NY port.

You're quite lucky, dude. I would def. expect you to get your baby by the first week of March, if not sooner !
      01-17-2015, 01:12 AM   #13
Nuwheels
Private
Rep

Quote:
Right, but honestly, I think the worst phase of the process, and the phase most likely to suffer delays is pre-production, and you've already gotten past that point !!! ... while I still fantasize about seeing the words "Production started" on the MyBMW site, or hearing that annoying 1-800 woman say it. It SUCKS ASS, coz nothing is being done !

From here on, I wouldn't expect too many delays in your delivery. In the worst case,
- Your baby gets to the port in Bremerhaven, just as the WW ship is leaving, so it has to wait 1 - 2 weeks for the next ship.
- Some unexpected delay at Port Hueneme, sitting 60 miles from LA, which seems unlikely. However, some few people have had delays at the NY port.

You're quite lucky, dude. I would def. expect you to get your baby by the first week of March, if not sooner !
Ya thx hope you are right...and hope you see those words on your mybmw soon...it was quite exciting to see that and have the correct info on the build listed as well....who knows, maybe if yours goes in to production soon, both our cars will be on the same ship...btw, have seen some people say they have a delivery date estimate....did you get one or know where you can see that? Just curious
      01-17-2015, 01:41 AM   #14
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ya thx hope you are right...and hope you see those words on your mybmw soon...it was quite exciting to see that and have the correct info on the build listed as well....who knows, maybe if yours goes in to production soon, both our cars will be on the same ship...btw, have seen some people say they have a delivery date estimate....did you get one or know where you can see that? Just curious
Nope, no estimate yet (that's kind of why I started this thread ). No estimates are possible without a production date, which I don't have yet.

The estimate you're talking about ... you can only get that from the dealer, once production starts. Ask your dealer ... he should either have or be able to get an estimate from Bavaria.
      01-20-2015, 12:17 PM   #15
myc132
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i Convertible

Quote:
Same thing happened to me. I went down to a local dealership when they told me that there was one production allotment available for customization. I put the deposit down and got it ordered to how I want it and the dealer told me it's scheduled for 5th week (last week of January) but it went into production around the 12th and finished on the 19th and now my order update via the 1-800 number says it's waiting to be released to the carrier. I'm hoping it gets on that ship heading out on the 24th.

Hopefully your vehicle is also gonna be on the same ship as mine.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 02:21 PM   #16
Nuwheels
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by myc132 View Post
Same thing happened to me. I went down to a local dealership when they told me that there was one production allotment available for customization. I put the deposit down and got it ordered to how I want it and the dealer told me it's scheduled for 5th week (last week of January) but it went into production around the 12th and finished on the 19th and now my order update via the 1-800 number says it's waiting to be released to the carrier. I'm hoping it gets on that ship heading out on the 24th.

Hopefully your vehicle is also gonna be on the same ship as mine.
I would bet yours will be on the 24th boat....not sure if mine will make that one though. My estimated completion date is the 23rd so that would only give 1 day to get it on that ship. But who knows....it all seems to be a big crap shoot. Looks like the next boat isn't till Feb 7 unless they use a different ship line so mine may sit a couple weeks over there. Anyway, good luck!
      01-20-2015, 02:44 PM   #17
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I would bet yours will be on the 24th boat....not sure if mine will make that one though. My estimated completion date is the 23rd so that would only give 1 day to get it on that ship. But who knows....it all seems to be a big crap shoot. Looks like the next boat isn't till Feb 7 unless they use a different ship line so mine may sit a couple weeks over there. Anyway, good luck!
Arggggggggg

I just called the 1-800 ... they said it's scheduled for production 2nd week of Feb (week 6). That's another 3 weeks of sitting here and jerking off to YouTube review videos, before anything else happens.

Extrapolating, I get first week of April for dealer pickup.

Last edited by Inline_Six; 01-20-2015 at 02:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 02:46 PM   #18
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Nuwheels and myc132 - I think I understand why your cars went into production so soon (esp Nuwheels) ... your configurations are much simpler than mine. I ordered all packages + Harmon Kardon + wood trim.

I can't think of any other reason why mine is taking this long.

Oh well ...
      01-20-2015, 03:04 PM   #19
Nuwheels
Private
Rep

Quote:
Nuwheels and myc132 - I think I understand why your cars went into production so soon (esp Nuwheels) ... your configurations are much simpler than mine. I ordered all packages + Harmon Kardon + wood trim.

Oh well ...
i bet you're right...didn't think of that. At least you will have all the cool bells and whistles though! Feel your pain...you must be going nuts. I didn't realize how obsessive this whole ordering process was going to be and mine hasn't been that long yet. When mine does get on a boat, I'm gonna try and unplug from all the madness for a bit while it floats across the pond. Will see how that goes though...
      01-20-2015, 03:13 PM   #20
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
When mine does get on a boat, I'm gonna try and unplug from all the madness for a bit while it floats across the pond. Will see how that goes though...
That's a TERRIFIC idea, dude ! Seriously ... read a few books or play some videogames or whatever's your thing !

A month later, wake up to a pleasant phone call from your dealer
      01-20-2015, 03:14 PM   #21
myc132
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i Convertible

Quote:

Oh well ...
Actually mine is the convertible and I got pretty much everything except HK sound and automatic high beams (I also got the wood trim. Nice choice btw). I think we just got lucky in terms of allotted schedule.

But hopefully your will get moved up a bit as well. When I went to the dealer, he showed me that it was scheduled for 5th week of 2015 and that I'll be looking at a 60 day turnaround time (which resulted in me getting the car end of march / beginning of april) but I got an email from the dealer saying that my car went into production almost 3 weeks earlier than scheduled.

Only thing that makes sense for me is that they moved mine up because it's a new model (since the convertibles are since 2015) and they want to get these out on the road quicker so more people would see them and want to buy them.

I did hear somewhere that priority goes higher for cars that have been ordered by a customer vs. ones that end up sitting in a dealer's lot. But that's for me and you so I don't think that would be the difference.

In any case, good luck and hopefully your will get moved up a few weeks as soon as it gets closer to the date of production.
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2015, 03:18 PM   #22
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by myc132 View Post
Actually mine is the convertible and I got pretty much everything except HK sound and automatic high beams (I also got the wood trim. Nice choice btw). I think we just got lucky in terms of allotted schedule.

But hopefully your will get moved up a bit as well. When I went to the dealer, he showed me that it was scheduled for 5th week of 2015 and that I'll be looking at a 60 day turnaround time (which resulted in me getting the car end of march / beginning of april) but I got an email from the dealer saying that my car went into production almost 3 weeks earlier than scheduled.

Only thing that makes sense for me is that they moved mine up because it's a new model (since the convertibles are since 2015) and they want to get these out on the road quicker so more people would see them and want to buy them.

I did hear somewhere that priority goes higher for cars that have been ordered by a customer vs. ones that end up sitting in a dealer's lot. But that's for me and you so I don't think that would be the difference.

In any case, good luck and hopefully your will get moved up a few weeks as soon as it gets closer to the date of production.
Damn ! Lucky guy

Will keep my fingers crossed