THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Bavarian technic equivalent?

03-12-2018, 03:20 PM   #1
MiniMotoMan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 Xdrive50i M Sport

Bavarian technic equivalent?

Hello All,

So I am once again an owner of a BMW, after a few years off. I had an 07 335i, and I used the Bavarian Technic cable for service interval reset, battery reset, shadow codes etc. BUT they do not support the M235, so what is everyone using now?

Oooooor, am I just not in the know anymore? How are the previoysky mentioned items handled?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 06:31 PM   #2
123Britt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M235i AT

Foxwell 510

I have the Schwaben version sold by ECS Tuning. Many use the icarly app with good success.

I had the Bavarian Technic cable as well.
Check out both but I would say most have the icarly because it allows coding and connects to your phone.
I have not been disappointed with the Foxwell. For instance, I just connected it the other day and checked to see how long it takes for the transmission oil (AT) to reach 30C and then Hit 40C which is of great interest when changing the AT fluid / filter. I will do this at 50k. It also allows for AT adaptations & oil rebalancing if you have a repair like solenoid valves on the ZF.
Appreciate 1
Tpeterson156.50
      03-13-2018, 07:18 PM   #3
bryan_G01
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: like i stole it...

i have the bavarian technic cable from my older bmw cars.

It works with the 2 series just fine. It doesnt say its supported, but you can use it to reset condition based services, brake pads, oil changes etc... and to clear codes.
1997 M3 Sedan Auto Cosmo Black Metallic
2018 x3 m40 Auto Grey Metallic
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 05:12 AM   #4
MiniMotoMan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_f22 View Post
i have the bavarian technic cable from my older bmw cars.

It works with the 2 series just fine. It doesnt say its supported, but you can use it to reset condition based services, brake pads, oil changes etc... and to clear codes.
I contacted Bavarian Technic & they said they hope to have support for the 2 series by the end of the year. But ill hold off till they have full support. Ill look into the Schwaben option & icarly option for now. I still have warranty & service till December.

Thanks for the input.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 06:00 AM   #5
MiniMotoMan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Britt View Post
I have the Schwaben version sold by ECS Tuning. Many use the icarly app with good success.

I had the Bavarian Technic cable as well.
Check out both but I would say most have the icarly because it allows coding and connects to your phone.
I have not been disappointed with the Foxwell. For instance, I just connected it the other day and checked to see how long it takes for the transmission oil (AT) to reach 30C and then Hit 40C which is of great interest when changing the AT fluid / filter. I will do this at 50k. It also allows for AT adaptations & oil rebalancing if you have a repair like solenoid valves on the ZF.
Foxwell looks pretty good, does it do everything the Bavarian Technic can do? I like the stand alone tool rather than hauling a laptop out to my car. I have no real interest in coding my car but i do want to be able to take care of all the servicing after warranty & service expire.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 05:41 PM   #6
123Britt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M235i AT

Foxwell 510

Very complete and can be used on as many BMWs as you have - not limited to 3 cars etc.
Screen is small
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 06:47 PM   #7
Tpeterson
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i MSport/THP/MT/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Britt View Post

I bought the Foxwell from Schwaben as well . I haven't used it much.I wanted it to cycle the ABS pump during brake fluid changes and to register new batteries. I'm glad you give it a positive rating.
Appreciate 0