THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Broken Passenger seat motor.

01-07-2018, 09:34 AM   #23
BcolaM235
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndallen View Post
Any luck taking it to another dealer?
Haven't gotten the chance, probably should have done that yesterday on my day off lol. I will soon. Looks ilke it might be easier to just get a used second seat.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 01:41 PM   #24
BcolaM235
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Here's my current situation. The seat was removed while the car was in the shop for another reason. The motor apparently works fine, however the rail was cracked. I am not sure how that would be my fault. Anyways, it looks as if I need a whole underpart for my passenger seat including rails. BMW will not sell me the part though and will only sell me a whole seat. Any idea as of why? The seat is currently out of the car. Should I just get a whole new seat, attempt to get BMW to pay for it, use insurance, or upgrade to M4 seats.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 02:54 PM   #25
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BcolaM235 View Post
Here's my current situation. The seat was removed while the car was in the shop for another reason. The motor apparently works fine, however the rail was cracked. I am not sure how that would be my fault. Anyways, it looks as if I need a whole underpart for my passenger seat including rails. BMW will not sell me the part though and will only sell me a whole seat. Any idea as of why? The seat is currently out of the car. Should I just get a whole new seat, attempt to get BMW to pay for it, use insurance, or upgrade to M4 seats.
If your description is accurate and bmw dealership had taken out seat originally then I would have bmw pay for it
Attempt to meet with bmw regional rep.
Would also investigate if this is safety related in that nhtsa has a form on their website to lodge a complaint.
Even use local court to take then to court - but you need documentation to show seat was removed by dealer and they didn't notify you then seat rail was cracked.
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2018, 06:16 PM   #26
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Source a used seat, swap the part, and send BMW the bill.

Or you can buy the lower seat frame for $346.

https://www.getbmwparts.com/parts/20...iagram=1928485

Last edited by XutvJet; 01-22-2018 at 06:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 08:08 PM   #27
MannyS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Spouse’s M4CX convertible

Cost me $1K to replace a broken M3 cabrio seat rail a few years ago
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 01:04 PM   #28
BcolaM235
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
So I decided to purchase M4 front seats and replace them with the current setup and attempt to sell both current seats. I will let you know how the build goes.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 01:58 PM   #29
jhentr
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

Similar issue

This is for someone else who have this same issue.

Mines broke similiar to OP description but was closer to the middle rather than where the motor was.

Issue: While moving back the seat, hear a pop and the right track of the front passenger seat won't move (twisted seat) along with the left side anymore.

When I looked underneath the seat, I did see the black plastic broke (fortunately not completely) and formed a upside down 'V'. I was able to push the piece together to make it 'flat' again and put the cable that was running in the groove track back into the track. Then I was able to move the seat forwards and backwards again. I used duct tape to tape the plastic straight and it seem to work fine for now.

I think the critical part for mines is making sure the cable that runs in the groove is 'popped' back into the groove. I think this cable is used to move the seat.

HTH
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 06:00 PM   #30
Gabssgarcia
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i, E90, E46

Quote:
So I decided to purchase M4 front seats and replace them with the current setup and attempt to sell both current seats. I will let you know how the build goes.
I have the same problem now. Cracked plastic bracket (where steel cable tie os mounted from left to right of the rails. Any chance you have a picture of what they pertained to as a cracked railing?

Do you have pictures of the m4 seats installed on your 2er? Were they plug and play?
Appreciate 0