THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications M235i mud flaps!

03-15-2018, 01:06 PM   #23
Mama Pills
Rep
Drives: 230i MSport

Here are a pair of pictures showing the rear mudflap before it was reshaped and after final fitting. As received the flap had a wedge shaped gap between it and the bottom pan of the car. I had to use a hot air gun to reshape the flared section so that it went up and reached the bottom pan. It took a few tries but the plastic shapes easily with a little heat. Not much spring back. Both sides had the same issues and came out equally well fitted.
Appreciate 1
mdputnam288.50
      03-15-2018, 01:08 PM   #24
Mama Pills
Rep

Still struggling with the picture posting thing

Here are a pair of pictures showing the rear mudflap before it was reshaped and after final fitting. As received the flap had a wedge shaped gap between it and the bottom pan of the car. I had to use a hot air gun to reshape the flared section so that it went up and reached the bottom pan. It took a few tries but the plastic shapes easily with a little heat. Not much spring back. Both sides had the same issues and came out equally well fitted.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 01:16 PM   #25
Mama Pills
Rep

Rear mudflap gap before reshaping

Here you can see that the rear mudflap was really intended for a fender that had a body fold line in it that is not present on my 2018 230i MSport. An earlier picture that I posted shows that the gap could be closed up by heating up the mud flap with a hot air gun and reshaping it. If the plastic gets shiny, you put too much heat on too fast. Keep the gun away a few inches and be patient. You need to soften the plastic all of the way through its thickness before it will take a set.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 01:31 PM   #26
Mama Pills
Rep

Front Mudflap Modifications

The front mudflaps did not need any heat forming, but they did need some whittling. The original profile had a bulbous protuberance that was meant to engage a hollow in the inner fender well but my inner fender wells didn't have this so I had to carve away the extra material. A box cutter did the job easily.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 05:00 PM   #27
Tcmcec
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '16 Mineral Gray M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Pills View Post
Let me try that again. This is supposed to be front and rear installed mudflaps. I selected attachments and uploaded last time, and they didn't show up. Huh.
Where did you purchase these? Look great
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 03:49 PM   #28
Mama Pills
Rep

My Feb 25 posting gives the details of where I bought them, part numbers, price, etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 02:08 PM   #29
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Pills View Post
Let me try that again. This is supposed to be front and rear installed mudflaps. I selected attachments and uploaded last time, and they didn't show up. Huh.
[QUOTE=Mama Pills;22918239]Let me try that again. This is supposed to be front and rear installed mudflaps. I selected attachments and uploaded last time, and they didn't show up. Huh.[/QUOTE

What part numbers are these? Will they fit an M240i ?
      08-06-2020, 02:21 PM   #30
KennyFSU
Captain
Rep
Drives: Lexus RC F

Garage List
I just got an email back from Tommy, he said he needs someone with an F22 to meet up with him in Woodbridge, NJ so he can design a template.

If you want to be the test mule please email him, got6speed@gmail.com
Appreciate 0