THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Reccommendation for a noob

11-13-2017, 01:53 PM   #1
Finkel
Rep
Drives: M235ix

Reccommendation for a noob

What would your reccommendations be for getting FBO on a MY2015 F22 aut. XI?

This is what I`m considering;

VRSF BMW 5" FMIC Street or HD?
Wagner EVO2 Competition or Perfomance?
ER Chargepipe
VRSF Chargepipe
aFe POWER Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Pro DRY S
aFe POWER Momentum Pro DRY S
BMS N55 Performance Intake
VRSF Catless DP
Wagner Catless DP

Last edited by Finkel; 11-13-2017 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 05:12 PM   #2
MrMoe99
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkel View Post

ER Chargepipe
VRSF Chargepipe
VRSF Catless DP
Wagner Catless DP
All would depend on whether or not you track the car or really push the car. If your F22 is just for street use and some aggressive driving here and there, then you should get the VRSF 5" street intercooler. If you drive the car hard or track it then I think you should opt for the VRSF 6" race intercooler/Wagner Comp intercooler. Both do a great job, so cant go wrong with either one. As far as all the other parts, its all personal preference on which brand you go with.

You should take a look at some of the vendor's websites right now because they have a black friday sale that you can take advantage of. You can also browse the classifieds and see if their are any used parts for sale to save some extra $$$ Good luck
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 02:16 AM   #3
Finkel
Rep

Thanks for your input MrMoe99, much appreciated!
I will not have the opportunity to track the car very much, it would be for dd and pushing the car here and there and enjoying the added power and driving experience.
I will also flash it of course once at it, so aiming for adding as much effect and torque without spending too much, but still want good quality parts for this good quality car.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 04:26 PM   #4
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

If I were to do it all over again I'd do the vrsf ultimate fbo package. One website has this ( not sure if I can name it here)

-jb4 tune
-vrsf hd street
-vrsf catless
-vrsf charge charge pipe

Then I'd probably get the afe closed intake or the dinan
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 05:17 PM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Wagner EVO II performance (VRSF HD will get you same performance)
VRSF Charge Pipe
Wagner downpipe (same performance as VRSF, Wagner sounds deeper)
CTS Intake

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 06:22 PM   #6
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwilson125 View Post
If I were to do it all over again I'd do the vrsf ultimate fbo package. One website has this ( not sure if I can name it here)

-jb4 tune
-vrsf hd street
-vrsf catless
-vrsf charge charge pipe

Then I'd probably get the afe closed intake or the dinan
Us?

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 07:52 PM   #7
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Us?
Ding ding! I wasn't sure what rules mentioning venors.

But to op, think I have gotten almost all of my stuff through Mike. I always get great prices and excelt customer service.

Like I said, If I were to do it again I would go with the fbo vrsf package. Make sure you sign up for their rewards program too.

After you buy the package deal, you could use rewards towards an intake plus the killer sales going on right now.

I am currently
Jb4
AA fmic
Vrsf catless dp
ER charge pipe
And injen intake
Bms wmi kit. Cm5 + cm7

I used to have a high flow cat from ER, but I was still getting a CEL so I decided to go catless. Although they are both quality pieces and will seal well, I think the vrsf fitment was better. Also they include ceramic coating stock which is nice.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 10:24 PM   #8
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwilson125 View Post
Ding ding! I wasn't sure what rules mentioning venors.

But to op, think I have gotten almost all of my stuff through Mike. I always get great prices and excelt customer service.

Like I said, If I were to do it again I would go with the fbo vrsf package. Make sure you sign up for their rewards program too.

After you buy the package deal, you could use rewards towards an intake plus the killer sales going on right now.

I am currently
Jb4
AA fmic
Vrsf catless dp
ER charge pipe
And injen intake
Bms wmi kit. Cm5 + cm7

I used to have a high flow cat from ER, but I was still getting a CEL so I decided to go catless. Although they are both quality pieces and will seal well, I think the vrsf fitment was better. Also they include ceramic coating stock which is nice.
Really Good advice, OP you should listen to this man

You can mention vendors and post links to their website.

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 09:18 AM   #9
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep

Yes, the worst mistake I made was spending almost a grand on a high flow cat, then selling it for $275 with a couple thousand miles on it to by catless.

Imho you have 2 options

- Fabspeed high flow cat (expensive, but no cel. Go this route if you are concerned about inspection)
-vrsf catless (way cheaper, if you don't mind swapping once a year for inspection I'd go this route)

Also I love turbo/induction noise which is why I got an intake. If you don't care about sound I would just skip the intake.

If you really want to do something to the intake just add a drop in filter.

If you do something like pure stage 2 turbo, then maaaaaybe the intake will add something.

I was always against water methanol injection, mostly because I didn't research it and thought it was Frankensteining the car.

After putting in the research I'd say this is one of my favorite mods and debatable the most power per dollar.

For easy integration go with bms kit and a jb4. The integration is pretty seamless.

If you do go this route I'd recommend a cm5 and cm7 nozzle setup. For this you will need 2 meth bungs on your charge pipe. If you are interested in wmi down the road, then make sure you consider that when you choose your charge pipe.

No real issue with a single cm10, I just feel the dual nozzle delivers a little bit better.

Also if you do want to go with a stage 2 turbo down the road, then consider getting the race intercooler. If not the street hd will be sufficient.

Also if you do go with wmi kit, you could skip out on the intercooler. I would definitely recommend an upgraded fmic with an upgraded turbo. With stock turbo the wmi kit will keep your iats way down. An upgraded fmic is never a bad thing though. I run both now.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 01:08 PM   #10
jimdigity
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 235i RWD Coupe

Garage List
2016 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:

ER Chargepipe
VRSF Chargepipe
VRSF Catless DP
Wagner Catless DP
Just an FYI, I bought the aFe Magnum force about a month ago, and I couldn't get it to fit my car. The vacuum port on the intake tube hits the radiator cover? and can not be fully seated. It seems like older styles had the vacuum port near the MAF, like stock, and those would fit, but this new style with the vacuum port by the radiator does not fit. After working with customer service at aFe for a week or two they upgraded me to the Momentum. It just arrived, and I'll be installing it this weekend.
      11-16-2017, 04:09 PM   #11
Finkel
Rep

Great, thanks for great advice!
Im all about sound as well, so will add an intake for more sound.

Seems like the more research I do, I always seem to come over someone who have had problems fitting either Injen, BMS or aFe intakes, so Im really not sure which way to go.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 08:02 PM   #12
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:

Seems like the more research I do, I always seem to come over someone who have had problems fitting either Injen, BMS or aFe intakes, so Im really not sure which way to go.
We probably sell more Injens and a close second is BMS. That being said, with the install issues, you've read, I wonder how many were resolved and/or user error. We know a few locals and plenty of customers who installed either without a hitch.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 09:06 AM   #13
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

My injen fit fine. I did have to remove one plastic cover to make it fit though. Also my car threw a cel and ran a little wierd at low RPM. This happens to some people but not others.

I run the jb4 and disconnected the MAF sensor. It runs great now, but I get the cel for the disconnected maf. My jb4 clears the cel now so I'm fine with it.

Again, if I had the chance to do it over I'd probably get one that has a very small chance of throwing a code. I probably would have gotten the fabspeed sport cat too.

A cel free car would be nice. At the same time it's really not that big of a deal, more of a nuisance though
Appreciate 0