THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Catted downpipe... tune required?

10-31-2017, 11:42 AM   #23
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Highly recommend the Fabspeed Sport Cat Downpipe. HJS is arguably one of the best catalytic converters. Wagner Catted downpipe is also guaranteed to be CEL free.
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2017, 01:30 PM   #24
aaaaah
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Nuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcmcec View Post
Does the Fabspeed use a higher quality catt over the Wagner, that will last longer? Does the Fabspeed guarantee no code where the Wagner has a better chance of a code? Does the Fabspeed fit and install better? Just want to fully understand why Fabspeed is double the price before proceeding. Can anyone from Wagner chime in also? Appreciate all the help and sorry for jacking the thread with all these questions.
The raw ingredients that go in to a high quality catalytic converter are incredibly expensive so as a gross generalisation, the more expensive the cat, the better it's functionality.
Appreciate 1
      11-12-2017, 04:08 PM   #25
mfan225
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
I have a catted downpipe (fabspeed), MPE, and no tune. Works great! As you, I did it mainly for sound.

My commute home yesterday. 1 Mile, 22 minutes. I don't exactly need the extra power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
I have a catted downpipe (fabspeed), MPE, and no tune. Works great! As you, I did it mainly for sound.

My commute home yesterday. 1 Mile, 22 minutes. I don't exactly need the extra power.
Any chance you have a sound clip of this?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 11:47 AM   #26
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfan225 View Post
Below is a video of an M2 with MPE + Fabspeed Sport Cat Downpipe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=aeIdJQ6QMQQ
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 08:55 AM   #27
BcolaM235
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
DP interest.

Could you PM me as well? Also are you guys running any Black Friday deals?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2017, 12:12 AM   #28
Tcmcec
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '16 Mineral Gray M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BcolaM235 View Post
Could you PM me as well? Also are you guys running any Black Friday deals?
I just installed my Fabspeed sport cat and cant say enough about the sound and performance. I have it paired with a Dinan intake and BMS stage 1 and it seems to be working really well for the short amount of time I got to drive it today. Does anyone know if the sport cat has a break in/burn in period, And how long that might be? Also does the computer instantly adjust for the new air flow from the high flow cat and dial in the air/fuel or does this happen over a certain period of time? Also has anyone data logged a similar setup? Just wondering what I should expect for boost numbers etc? Want to make sure everything is where it should be.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2017, 04:46 PM   #29
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I just installed my Fabspeed sport cat and cant say enough about the sound and performance. I have it paired with a Dinan intake and BMS stage 1 and it seems to be working really well for the short amount of time I got to drive it today. Does anyone know if the sport cat has a break in/burn in period, And how long that might be? Also does the computer instantly adjust for the new air flow from the high flow cat and dial in the air/fuel or does this happen over a certain period of time? Also has anyone data logged a similar setup? Just wondering what I should expect for boost numbers etc? Want to make sure everything is where it should be.
Hello Tcmcec,
There will be a short break in period but not very long before the car is running smoother. (25-50 miles). Please give me a shout if it is still not running correctly. You have added a bunch of mods a long with the sport cat downpipe if it is still not performing the way you like I would love to talk to you about what is going on with your vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2017, 06:00 PM   #30
Tcmcec
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '16 Mineral Gray M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport View Post
Quote:
Hello Tcmcec,
There will be a short break in period but not very long before the car is running smoother. (25-50 miles). Please give me a shout if it is still not running correctly. You have added a bunch of mods a long with the sport cat downpipe if it is still not performing the way you like I would love to talk to you about what is going on with your vehicle.
I will put the miles on and go from there. The only thing added yesterday was the sport cat. The rest has been on for a couple weeks.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2017, 11:54 PM   #31
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfan225 View Post
I do somewhere. We hooked up a go pro near the exhaust to capture the sound. I’ll see if I can dig it up and post it somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 07:54 AM   #32
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport View Post
Below is a video of an M2 with MPE + Fabspeed Sport Cat Downpipe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=aeIdJQ6QMQQ
If you missed it.
Appreciate 0