THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning M235i How to make louder

09-20-2017, 01:32 PM   #45
jdub61
Rep
Drives: M235

I Will group buy a remus or eisenmann system with you. Let me know if you're interested. 310-779-8639

JDUB
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 07:31 AM   #46
bulletrs
M-OCD
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

To make it louder you put a downpipe, bmw mperformance exhaust and bms intake.

2015 F22 M235i N55 EWG | M Performance | 18" VMR710 | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Pure High Flow Inlet | MHD Tune | XHP Tune | GFB DV+ T9356 | NGK SILZKBR8D8S 0,5mm | Wagner DownP | Wagner EVO2 Performance Intercooler | VRSF Chargepipe | M Performance Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 09:57 AM   #47
aydeen
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M235i LSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by beMtroubleYou View Post
Just have it cut out and welded, its like 800 SEK at decent shop.

I have res-delete and catless DP and live near you if you want to listen.. non-mpe muffler.

https://youtu.be/IpZCihJgm84

I made a clip, have a listen.
Nice! that down-shift
The catless DP is not a choise unfortunately. Iīll probably trade in the car next summer for a cayman or similar with NA engine...
Iīll have the resonator delete and hopefully itīll sound a bit more =)
Btw; havenīt seen a single M235/M240 around Gothenburg yet. Seems like the M135/M140 is much more popular here.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 12:19 AM   #48
Mr_JDM
Rep
Drives: BMW m235i

I am on the same Boat with Spencer29 so may I share my questions on this post. I am a totally Car Newbie and don't know much about mechanical terms. My m235i F23 is a lease as well and wanting to get a JB4 + lowder the sound.
+ I've read though some posts and someone recommend to go with BMS intake + downpipe. Some recommend sportcat dp + muffler bypast ex. Its confused me
+ What are the difference between: Sport cat dp, CatbyPass dp, Catless dp. So confuse me which one is the right one. The Sport Cat dp is quite Out of my pocket approx: $1200
+ I can see 2 popular Brand: FabSpeed and VRSF. Which one is the better option. And not create CELL something, I don't know what is this ...
+ Is the Muffler Bypass exhaust also called as Delete muffler? Do I need this?
I hope someone in the forum can help with my Newbie questions.
Appreciate 1
      10-16-2017, 11:31 AM   #49
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_JDM View Post
I am on the same Boat with Spencer29 so may I share my questions on this post. I am a totally Car Newbie and don't know much about mechanical terms. My m235i F23 is a lease as well and wanting to get a JB4 + lowder the sound.
+ I've read though some posts and someone recommend to go with BMS intake + downpipe. Some recommend sportcat dp + muffler bypast ex. Its confused me
+ What are the difference between: Sport cat dp, CatbyPass dp, Catless dp. So confuse me which one is the right one. The Sport Cat dp is quite Out of my pocket approx: $1200
+ I can see 2 popular Brand: FabSpeed and VRSF. Which one is the better option. And not create CELL something, I don't know what is this ...
I can definitely help guide you in the right direction. Check your PMs and we can chat some more!

Also we are running a forum member special right now! Good time to take advantage of some cost savings!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 11:56 AM   #50
beMtroubleYou
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C '18

Garage List
2018 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_JDM View Post
If you dont want a CEL then you shouldnt change anything. If you need to make everything undone and cant do it yourself then open your wallet.

If you can live with the cell and dont mind the exaustsmell then go for a catless downpipe. Catbypass dp, never heard of it. Our DPīs are catted. Either they are or they arent. How you would bypass it is beyond me.

Muffler bypass requires cuttin the standard exaust, this can be reversed but it will leave a mark on the piping.

Changing the intake may or may not give a CEL.

Short story; change the whole damn exaust from downpipe, that way you wont need to cut and keep the stock DP. This is rather cheap as its a straight fit.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 08:10 PM   #51
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

M2 exhaust is really nice. It's the way the car should have been from the beginning
Appreciate 0