THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Interior trim quality

01-06-2014, 11:10 AM   #23
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas View Post
While some people don't place a priority on soft-touch plastics, this can be a real benefit at trade-in time. Hard plastic tends to scuff very easily which can make the car look more 'used'. Soft plastics have some 'give' when pressed and generally will not mark as easily. Car looks newer for longer, which benefits your resale value.
I've had exactly the opposite experience. Our old Audis had tons of soft touch plastic that was absolutely hammered after 40k miles, the area around the gear shift, the steering column and the steering wheel all looked absolutely awful. My M Coupe was pretty much made of Legos and looked like new after 140k miles.

Our 135i had lots of hard plastic and wore great, it may not be fancy or feel nice, but BMW interior longevity is not something I've ever worried about. Fuel pumps, rear subframes and carbon build up, that's where I'd focus my concern.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 08:34 PM   #24
kas
Rep
Drives: Subaru Liberty

Bump - now that the Detroit show is open to the public, has anyone had a sit inside and determined whether the leather on the doors is padded, or is it hard?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 08:41 PM   #25
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas View Post
Bump - now that the Detroit show is open to the public, has anyone had a sit inside and determined whether the leather on the doors is padded, or is it hard?
not sure, but I am guessing padded like it is on the e82.

Also, based on the pics.. it seems like there is LESS leather then the E82. My door seems to have more leather...

Compare:

01-15-2014, 01:18 AM   #26
kas
Rep
Drives: Subaru Liberty

Absolutely agree - there seems to be less leather in the 2!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 04:20 PM   #27
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Not feeling the interior..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 05:20 PM   #28
golf_234
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46, E90, F30

Test drove an F30 today, which I expect to have very similar plastics to the 2 Series, and the quality of the dash and doors was MUCH better than my 135i with the very hard plasticky junk. I definitely think this is going to be a home run car. I felt on the dash, not as soft as an e46 dash, but still nice and with some give to it, definitely not hard like the 1 series, and the doors by where the window meets the panel, same amount of give, very nice, and then the leather area on the door, very very plush. I was MUCH happier with the interior quality on the F30 vs the outgoing e9x/e82 generations. Worst interiors in bmw history, bar none.