THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) Black M240i PPF and Paint Correction Recommendations (DMV area)

05-11-2024, 02:02 PM   #1
Moonn
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M240i XDrive

Black M240i PPF and Paint Correction Recommendations (DMV area)

I'm looking for recommendations on my options on my new to me 2018 M240i.

The car currently has a full frontal PPF installed a few years back, but being a black car, the rest of the paint is showing some imperfections and light scratches. I am wondering if it would be a good idea to paint correct the rest of the car, or if the paint would like odd and I would be better off taking the PPF off, correcting the full car, and installing a new PPF after. The PPF has taken a few hits so it wouldn't be a huge waste in my opinion. I love the car so far and plan to keep it for a long time, but looking around at the costs of some of these services locally it is a bit hard to justify (spending 10-20% of the cars cost for a full correction and PPF).

There is also a scratch on the passengers side rocker panel which is unfortunately all the way through the paint. Any recommendations on paint repair markers or other repair methods? It's relatively hidden and on a high impact part of the car, so it isn't a huge concern, but I'm open to anything in terms of making it look a bit better.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2024, 04:08 PM   #2
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Check with this shop in Rockville. They are highly recommended by local BMW club members: https://www.aapaintprotection.com/
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0