THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions BimmerCode changes don’t work!

09-30-2017, 10:19 AM   #1
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

BimmerCode changes don’t work!

I have bimmercode on my iphone. The phone has ios 11.0.1, the latest OS. I have the proper wifi interface (Vgate), and the app interfaces properly with the car. I can read all of the modules in the car. BUT, when I change a module (i.e., folding mirrors) nothing happens to the car. Now, the engine is running as the app won't connect without the ignition being on.

What am I doing wrong!

Thanks!
Marco

Last edited by MarcoZandrini; 10-01-2017 at 08:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2017, 06:49 PM   #2
MadOzodi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 EBII M235i

So, I attempted to code for the first time yesterday, as well; iOS 11 & Vgate, too. First time, I forgot to actually hit the “Code” button and was all WTFMATE, LOL!

I’ve tried a few times since and the only thing I notice that has stuck, even though I didn’t want it to, is the “Start without engaging brake pedal”.

Whoever leased the car before I bought it had already coded a bunch of things; encountered several Unknown Value fields that were checked.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2017, 06:54 PM   #3
bryan_G01
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: like i stole it...

i have everything working on the car, except for the Mperformance start screen.

i'm on android..
1997 M3 Sedan Auto Cosmo Black Metallic
2018 x3 m40 Auto Grey Metallic
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2017, 10:23 PM   #4
MadOzodi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_f22 View Post
i have everything working on the car, except for the Mperformance start screen.

i'm on android..
Bryan, I read your post in the other thread. The Mperf start screen flashes for barely a second for me too.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 06:50 AM   #5
e90post_user
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoZandrini View Post
I have bimmercode on my iphone. The phone has ios 11.0.1, the latest OS. I have the proper wifi interface (Vgate), and the app interfaces properly with the car. I can read all of the modules in the car. BUT, when I change a module (i.e., folding mirrors) nothing happens to the car. Now, the engine is running as the app won't connect without the ignition being on.

What am I doing wrong!

Thanks!
Marco
Interesting, I upgraded to IOS 11, and flashed my car back to stock from a backup made on the previous version of IOS. Now my car is at a dealer on an unrelated issue, but I wonder if I?d be able to flash it to the backup of all my custom coding I?ve done to the car. I upgraded to 11.0.1 now.
The folding mirrors should work with the comfort access closing and opening, make sure the delays are set appropriately.
      10-05-2017, 05:40 PM   #6
e90post_user
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

I coded my car back via a backup, and all is good. Using IOS 11.0.1
      10-06-2017, 09:11 AM   #7
MadOzodi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Upgraded to 11.0.2 last night...gonna see how that works this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 03:08 PM   #8
Redbeemer
Ne Plus Ultra
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portimao Blue 2022 M240iXdrive

Bimmercode

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoZandrini View Post

What am I doing wrong!

Thanks!
Marco
I am assuming that you have already Unlocked Coding, right? Before you do anything with the app, you need to unlock the coding and when you try to do that, you have to Purchase the app. You can play with the app and view all the modules on your car for free, but to actually make any changes, you must first unlock the coding by purchasing the app. I have an Android device that I was using and it used the same payment method (credit card) that I would use to buy any other app from the Play Store. Once you have unlocked the coding, then you can go to each module and make whatever changes you want to and then don't forget to hit the Code button at the top of the app before going back to the main menu. You must do this for each module separately. Hope that helps.
Good luck.
Appreciate 1
GDLF.14.00
      10-29-2017, 02:04 AM   #9
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeemer View Post
I am assuming that you have already Unlocked Coding, right? Before you do anything with the app, you need to unlock the coding and when you try to do that, you have to Purchase the app. You can play with the app and view all the modules on your car for free, but to actually make any changes, you must first unlock the coding by purchasing the app. I have an Android device that I was using and it used the same payment method (credit card) that I would use to buy any other app from the Play Store. Once you have unlocked the coding, then you can go to each module and make whatever changes you want to and then don't forget to hit the Code button at the top of the app before going back to the main menu. You must do this for each module separately. Hope that helps.
Good luck.
Besides this, does app lists actual changes? With updated firmware, functions move around and not sure if app takes this into account.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2017, 10:48 AM   #10
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeemer View Post
Good luck.
Actually, no!! I ended up buying the ability to code the car! Worked like a champ!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 11:48 AM   #11
Redbeemer
Ne Plus Ultra
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portimao Blue 2022 M240iXdrive

Bimmercode Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Besides this, does app lists actual changes? With updated firmware, functions move around and not sure if app takes this into account.
No, the app does not "list" the changes you make. Once you have made some changes in a module and saved or coded them, the next time you go into that module, each area will show the new settings that you made. So, for example, if you coded ASD to Off, the next time you go to that module and look at the ASD status, it will show Off instead of On as it originally did. Another example is the radio volume setting. If you increase that setting from the default to, say, 40%, the next time you go into that module and look under the radio volume, it will show 40% instead of the default value.
Appreciate 0