THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning ER Charge pipe install question

10-08-2015, 03:43 PM   #1
riccappa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14' M235i

ER Charge pipe install question

So I installed my ER chargepipe (took me about 3.5 hours). Not the easiest install ever... My question is this. So when you remove the stock charge pipes from the intercooler you need to remove those plastic black clips (the ones that you can't see because they are behind or on top) prior to popping off the metal clips that lock the charge pipes to the intercooler. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to reattach those black plastic clips when I reattached both the new chargepipe and the passenger side stock one (FMIC to turbo). I simply used the metal clips to lock the charge pipes onto the intercooler. Is this going to be OK? What's the purpose of those black clips?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 04:23 PM   #2
boost82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by riccappa View Post
So I installed my ER chargepipe (took me about 3.5 hours). Not the easiest install ever... My question is this. So when you remove the stock charge pipes from the intercooler you need to remove those plastic black clips (the ones that you can't see because they are behind or on top) prior to popping off the metal clips that lock the charge pipes to the intercooler. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to reattach those black plastic clips when I reattached both the new chargepipe and the passenger side stock one (FMIC to turbo). I simply used the metal clips to lock the charge pipes onto the intercooler. Is this going to be OK? What's the purpose of those black clips?
You don't need them don't worry. The black clips hold the oem pipe on
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2015, 09:37 AM   #3
riccappa
Second Lieutenant
Rep

The passenger side pipe (intercooler to turbo) is still stock. I didn't use the black plastic clip on that one either when I reattached it. Do I need it? Thanks for the reply.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2015, 05:12 PM   #4
jcruz3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by riccappa
The passenger side pipe (intercooler to turbo) is still stock. I didn't use the black plastic clip on that one either when I reattached it. Do I need it? Thanks for the reply.
the stock side (passenger side) should remain the same (with black piece intact) , the side with the ER chargepipe does not need the black piece. hope that helps!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 04:31 AM   #5
riccappa
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Damn, thanks for the reply. Looks like I may need to try and reattach that clip... I really don't want to, might just take my chances.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 08:16 AM   #6
jcruz3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by riccappa
Damn, thanks for the reply. Looks like I may need to try and reattach that clip... I really don't want to, might just take my chances.
the process is a pain...did ER send you the instructions with it?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 04:05 PM   #7
CONTROL ONE
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Is there currently an F2X specific guide? What were you using?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 10:09 PM   #8
bkx-U85
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by riccappa View Post
1-Place the metal clip with the L shape and clicking it into place, make sure the ends of the metal clip (that twist in an L shape) are pointing away from the intercooler and up towards the turbo.

2-You will notice three insertion points on the oem charge pipe which correlate to the three small clip-like triangles under the black plastic clip. Place the black clip ontop of the charge pipe (boost pipe), where the three insertion points are, after having the metal ring in place (previosly clicked into place in step 1).Make sure the arrow on the black plastic clip is pointing away from the intercooler.

3-Slide the black plastic clip up (away from the intercooler) as it should feel snug and into place .

Hope it s!
Appreciate 1
BM235iW97.00
      10-12-2015, 10:32 PM   #9
jcruz3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONTROL ONE
Is there currently an F2X specific guide? What were you using?
I used the instructions for the f30
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 03:56 PM   #10
riccappa
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkx-U85 View Post
1-Place the metal clip with the L shape and clicking it into place, make sure the ends of the metal clip (that twist in an L shape) are pointing away from the intercooler and up towards the turbo.

2-You will notice three insertion points on the oem charge pipe which correlate to the three small clip-like triangles under the black plastic clip. Place the black clip ontop of the charge pipe (boost pipe), where the three insertion points are, after having the metal ring in place (previosly clicked into place in step 1).Make sure the arrow on the black plastic clip is pointing away from the intercooler.

3-Slide the black plastic clip up (away from the intercooler) as it should feel snug and into place .

Hope it s!
Thanks for the response. I'll give this a try maybe next week. I'm going to have to get the car back on a lift and take the splash guard off again (pain in the ass... who uses 22 bolts to hold that thing up anyway)
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 02:53 PM   #11
zampini12
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 YAS BLUE

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Hey guys! im selling my Miesterschaft exhaust as well as other parts for a great price. Contact me for details!

All for the M235i of course lol
Appreciate 0