THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Just install pedalbox

09-28-2015, 11:15 AM   #1
bowjol
Rep
Drives: M235i

Just install pedalbox

Just installed pedalbox (pedalbox.com) throttle controller, it reduce the throttle lag. You can feel the difference in car's response the first time you switch on to SPORT mode. My car is stock.
I really like it.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 05:37 PM   #2
mc3456
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowjol View Post
Just installed pedalbox (pedalbox.com) throttle controller, it reduce the throttle lag. You can feel the difference in car's response the first time you switch on to SPORT mode. My car is stock.
I really like it.
I have something similar on my F80 M3 and my GF's M235iX. Well worth every penny to give much more direct throttle response. Will never not install on any future cars.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 05:56 PM   #3
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, E39 M5, NSX and AE86

Does it amplify the input in all driving modes? Sport+ +lets say 20% must be practically on/off haha
      10-02-2015, 07:54 PM   #4
mc3456
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by harkes View Post
Does it amplify the input in all driving modes? Sport+ +lets say 20% must be practically on/off haha
It amplifies all modes. It makes throttle response much more direct with less drive by wire delay. Essentially, the car just bolts when you tip the throttle but you get used to driving with the quicker input.

I installed the SprintBooster first on my GFs M235iX and road tested it. Significant improvement.

Next I installed the aFe Scorcher Tuning Box and road rested the combo right afterwards. Amazingly faster. Feels darn near as fast as my F80 M3, and that a SprintBooster and Turner Tune.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2015, 07:41 PM   #5
Y0tsuya
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i 6MT, 2016 340i 8AT

I also just installed a pedalbox on Friday. I wanted a throttle response curve like in the sport mode, minus the fake engine noise. Installed it, set it to city mode, minimal boost, for use in comfort mode.

1) Initial ramp-up is plenty fast vs stock comfort mode, then levels off since of course it used up a big part of the curve already. But I'm OK with it because:

2) toe-and-heel downshift works sooooo much better now, just like on my old E46. On stock curve in order to blip the throttle I would depress the gas pedal a bit, only to find it does nothing, then press some more and invariably brake more than I intended. Very irritating. This solves the problem by letting me blip the throttle with a slight press on the gas pedal, just the way I like it.

Last edited by Y0tsuya; 10-05-2015 at 07:50 PM.. Reason: grammar
Appreciate 0