THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning top speed limiter question

10-08-2015, 08:24 PM   #1
SeanE
Private
Rep
Drives: '16 m235i

top speed limiter question

Hey all,

Just took delivery of a '16 m235i and didn't realize that it was ordered with the all-season run flats despite being a RWD unit. Honestly, I assumed all of these would come with summer tires nowadays if not x-drive...anyhow, I've read that they will also be set from the factory with the lowered top speed limiter.

Dealership service dept hasn't been helpful so far, but the salesman seems to think a local dinar tuner can remove the limiter for about $100. I've read elsewhere that it is 'locked in' once you drive the car for a short time.

Anyone else run into this issue and found a remedy?

thx
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 08:46 PM   #2
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanE View Post
Hey all,

Just took delivery of a '16 m235i and didn't realize that it was ordered with the all-season run flats despite being a RWD unit. Honestly, I assumed all of these would come with summer tires nowadays if not x-drive...anyhow, I've read that they will also be set from the factory with the lowered top speed limiter.

Dealership service dept hasn't been helpful so far, but the salesman seems to think a local dinar tuner can remove the limiter for about $100. I've read elsewhere that it is 'locked in' once you drive the car for a short time.

thx
it locks after the car has been run for 10 hours... else you need a new DME ecu with the value overwritten by somebody
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 09:22 PM   #3
Luminous
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanE
Hey all,

thx
A flash tune can remove the speed limiter

2015 SO M3 6MT

2015 BSM M235xi
Appreciate 0