THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning BMW Dinan divorce!

02-13-2018, 05:18 PM   #1
aerodavew
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

BMW Dinan divorce!

According to my BMW service manager, BMW no longer supports a Dinan warranty?!?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 05:48 PM   #2
DBinOC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 95 M3; M235i

BMW has never supported a Dinan warranty, to my knowledge. Dinan has their own warranty that covers their parts or failures due to their parts. The confusion may come from the fact that some BMW dealers are also Dinan dealers. This allows Dinan customers to have one place that handles both Dinan and BMW part installation / warranty claims.

DBinOC
Appreciate 1
BMWZ41904.00
      02-14-2018, 02:28 PM   #3
Paisano
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

DB is completely right. Even though the divorce proceedings are in the works, my service centre will still honour the warranty with Dinan (even if Dinan does not.)
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 02:39 PM   #4
nikman011
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 STi - IAG Trojan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisano View Post
DB is completely right. Even though the divorce proceedings are in the works, my service centre will still honour the warranty with Dinan (even if Dinan does not.)
Curious, what do mean by that, including a divorce on the way? Currently my stage 1 is being swapped out because a Bluetooth connection issue, Dinan honoring their warranty, and BMW providing me with a loaner and doing the work
      02-15-2018, 05:38 PM   #5
Luftwaffe1O1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i, 2000 Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisano View Post
There has not been an agreement with Dinan and BMW for a long time, if ever.

When you talk about a Dinan Warranty, Dinan basically offers to cover the repairs if BMW denies them due to their belief that the Dinan parts are to blame.

In California this has not really been a problem because most BMW dealers also are Dinan authorized dealers, so the customer would rarely see any issues, as the repairs would be handled, and either BMW or Dinan would cough up for the repairs, you would just pick up your car.

In areas where your dealer is NOT a dinan dealer, you would have to take your car to a Dinan authorized dealer to then get it repaired.

There was always this idea that Dinan doesn't void your warranty, it still does potentially, its just that they offer up to basically eat that cost if that happens. There might have been some agreement a long time back between Dinan and BMW of NA, but it has not been true for like 10+ years at least I think.