THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Photos and Videos Old School vs New School EB Dustup

05-12-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
bladeomatic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Old School vs New School EB Dustup

Ahoy,

Just got back from a rolicking trip to Central CA to do some wine tasting with some friends AND break in my new EB M235i. One of my friends on the trip is a veteran driver with a bad ass garage filled with M iron. He selected his rare M Coupe (aka "Clown Shoe"), which has been highly-track prepped with mods to the NA engine, LSD, lowered/tightened suspension and massive rubber all around. He's also an expert driver and is giving training at Laguna Seca next week, so he knows what he's doing at the wheel.

We had a couple of canyon blasts with each other. His little car definitely goes like stink. I had my hands full at times keeping up with him…especially as I was trying to keep my revs conservative during break in. We got onto some dusty roads where he rooster-tailed on me a bit.

(shaking my fist)

A few minutes later, he swung wide in a corner (due to ground clearance concerns) and I was able to snake him and return a little dust back at him. My RPM's *might* have danced a bit over 4k on that one. :-)

It was a LOT of fun shaking this ride out in the foothills and canyons! I also liked how the turbo on mine gave me some serious pull up some of the hills where he was having to wind out a bit more. Motor, brakes, seats and suspension on the 235i were VERY nice as I tossed it around these exquisite roads. I'll know a lot more after things are properly broken in and I can use the entire range of power.

Still…a mighty fun weekend!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-12-2014, 09:01 PM   #2
patzcalski
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90

Sounds like so much fun. Amazing pictures!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 09:55 PM   #3
///M235i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Sounds like a grand old time! Have you had a chance yet to utilize or check out or test the blind spot detection?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 12:24 PM   #4
bladeomatic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmTwo35 View Post
Sounds like a grand old time! Have you had a chance yet to utilize or check out or test the blind spot detection?
I think I mistakenly said "blind spot detectors" when I meant to reference the the distance control feature (don't remember it's name but part of the collision avoidance warnings when you approach obstacles. Sorry for the mis info.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 03:32 PM   #5
ScottMZ3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1, 2019 X5 40i

Oh!! Nice photos. That's my old car! I had an EB '99 M-Coupe and I've regretted selling it ever since!

I'm still on the fence whether I want a new M235i or pickup another M-Coupe. My obsession with the M-Coupe disturbs my wife a bit. LOL!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 03:44 PM   #6
Ryan@IND
United_States
Rep
Drives: ACR

I bet that was a fun drive! Love both cars
      05-14-2014, 11:27 PM   #7
///M235i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeomatic View Post
I think I mistakenly said "blind spot detectors" when I meant to reference the the distance control feature (don't remember it's name but part of the collision avoidance warnings when you approach obstacles. Sorry for the mis info.
Now, the BMW genius stated emphatically to me that the blind spot detector was included in the driver assistance plus. He stated it fell into the category of how they described in the description that several things working together… … ... That the issue was the web is just not fully updated

That said, anyone with driver assistance plus can they confirm whether or not they actually have the blind spot detector?
Appreciate 0