THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum 2 Series rated as "Moderate" lighting

05-02-2016, 11:20 AM   #23
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X54TH
The North American cars can be coded for:

Anti Dazzle High Beam Assist
Variable Light Distribution

Definitions according to the coding sheet and my coding guy. He has successfully coded both.

ADHBA: Enable multi-stage High beam assist… will turn high beams individually on/off depending on oncoming traffic.

VLD: This allows the light beam to adapt according to vehicle speed. When driving in the city, a low beam is used to better illuminate the road immediately ahead without dazzling oncoming drivers. Then at higher speeds, the headlamps are raised to increase visibility.

Attached is the coding sheet for the F22.
I coded VLD on. i kinda don't like it. I feel like the light is too low at lower speeds and forces me to turn on the high beams sooner than I feel like i should. I'm about to do another coding session and turn VLD off for a bit.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 11:22 AM   #24
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X54TH
The North American cars can be coded for:

Anti Dazzle High Beam Assist
Variable Light Distribution

Definitions according to the coding sheet and my coding guy. He has successfully coded both.

ADHBA: Enable multi-stage High beam assist… will turn high beams individually on/off depending on oncoming traffic.

VLD: This allows the light beam to adapt according to vehicle speed. When driving in the city, a low beam is used to better illuminate the road immediately ahead without dazzling oncoming drivers. Then at higher speeds, the headlamps are raised to increase visibility.

Attached is the coding sheet for the F22.
I coded VLD on. i kinda don't like it. I feel like the light is too low at lower speeds and forces me to turn on the high beams sooner than I feel like i should. I'm about to do another coding session and turn VLD off for a bit.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0