THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums UNITED KINGDOM New 2017 230i due end of month...

10-08-2016, 05:41 AM   #23
Jaffa
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 MSP 230i Coupe AW/CR

Nice James ! Along with pictures would be nice if you shared a quick review of your first days driving.....look forward to seeing and reading about it...
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2016, 02:43 AM   #24
James9086
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Nice James ! Along with pictures would be nice if you shared a quick review of your first days driving.....look forward to seeing and reading about it...
No worries, will do!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2016, 10:14 AM   #25
James9086
Rep

Took ownership this morning and absolutely love the car!

Looks and drives fantastically well, enough exhaust note in Sport mode when hitting 3-4k revs but wont be pushing any harder til the break-in period is over.

Service from bmw croydon has been first class, now ive just got to figure out how to upload pics to this (very basic iphone snaps). Mineral grey, red leather and m sport pack. Want to add a front splitter in the near future but thats it.

James
Appreciate 1
      10-10-2016, 10:21 AM   #26
James9086
Rep

And heres one pic of her back home before it started bucketing down!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 06:15 AM   #27
Jaffa
United Kingdom
Rep

love the grey, a nice deep rich grey set off by the coral.... beautiful solid looking car mate, you must be chuffed to bits

A contrasting splitter would be lovely, dealership is having mine fitted and sprayed as I write.....so this time next week.....hopefully
Best of luck with it mate and i hope to join the club soon
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 04:11 AM   #28
James9086
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
love the grey, a nice deep rich grey set off by the coral.... beautiful solid looking car mate, you must be chuffed to bits

A contrasting splitter would be lovely, dealership is having mine fitted and sprayed as I write.....so this time next week.....hopefully
Best of luck with it mate and i hope to join the club soon
Thanks mate really happy with it as I'm sure you will be.

Get some pics up when you collect yours pal!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 09:51 AM   #29
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyUK View Post
Looking forward to seeing the cars fellas... sounds like you've got some great choice combos going on. I must admit... I did similar things when I picked mine... I was obsessed on "which white" to go for I popped in like twice a week even during the build phase.

I had a Scirocco R-line before and although I loved that car it can't hold a candle to an M235i (or similar)

Here is a pic of mine... can't wait to see yours guys.
That looks great!

Which wheels are they?

Is that the Alpine White or the metallic?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2016, 02:43 PM   #30
Jaffa
United Kingdom
Rep

...any further feedback on yours James, now you've had it a few days

Picking mine up on Saturday at last....thank God ! been keeping my eyes peeled for every 2er around my area and I haven't seen a single one...which is a good thing really......
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2016, 04:21 AM   #31
James9086
Rep

Likewise mate they are very few and far between this way as well, see the odd 220 around.

Loving the car but haven't had a chance to drive it as much as I'd like as I've been away with work - hence the slow reply! 200 miles in and loving it - I am having a slight issue with the DAB Radio whereby it constantly cuts out for a second or two, may need to go back to BMW regarding this on the weekend. Brake dust is the current bane of my life - constant battle! The car is a lot bigger than I initially thought, see what you think. Giving her the first clean on Saturday so will try and get some pictures up - looking forward to seeing yours!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2016, 01:17 PM   #32
Jaffa
United Kingdom
Rep

...AT LAST....got my grubby hands on her.....

woohoo.....picked her up yesterday, already put 380miles on the clock taking it handy.....

Just whipped into a Sainsburys car park to take these..... only taken with an iPhone 6 so will wait until i've washed and waxed her before taking some better ones with a more pleasing backdrop......and your dead right James, the brake dust ! really hope that trails off soon.....tonnes of the stuff covering the wheels .......
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 07:39 AM   #33
James9086
Rep

Looks absolutely spot on mate, congrats! Definitely looks to be worth the wait for the extra painted bits you have had added!

I've taken a few more pictures too but feel they rarely do the car justice - it looks so much better in the flesh!!

Love the white / black / red combo you've got going on there, works very well.

380 miles over 2 days is very impressive lol! I'm off to Northampton on the weekend so will be edging closer to the 1000 mile break-in period.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2016, 02:46 PM   #34
Jaffa
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks James, wanted to get all the bits done in one hit rather than keep adding..... musing over a wrapped gloss black roof though at the moment....... it never ends....

Wifey has had the car since Monday, almost 500 miles done....hopefully gonna do another 350 this weekend, promised myself I wouldn't put it into sport mode until I had done an easy 1000 miles........can't wait for that.

One criticism I have of the car so far..... the boot ? is it just me or if you close yours firmly does it sound utter shite ! Sounds like a boot latch off an old Lada ! My previous motor was a Scirocco and that closed with a lovely dull thud....perhaps i'm being picky lol...
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 05:52 AM   #35
James9086
Rep

Can't say I'd noticed that mate but now you mention it, it does sound a little on the 'cheaper' / 'flimsy' side! Perhaps a little on the picky side lol

Also - I wish I had your restraint on the Sport mode! Sounds and feels so much better, have still kept below 4k revs though.

Have always been a fan of the black roof wraps on white cars, think the Mercs pull it off really well and I'm sure it would look class on yours too, maybe get a Photoshop done?

Also - did you get that GardX pack thing free with yours? Not sure on the quality of those products but need to use a leather cleaner / conditioner shortly and may give it a whirl.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 02:45 PM   #36
Jaffa
United Kingdom
Rep

....yup. think I will get the roof done....can always come off if I don't like it..!

Personally wouldn't bother with the GuardX mate, astonishingly expensive and no better than proper car care and decent detailing......I have always used 'Poorboys' White Diamond Show Glaze as a base polish/filler and waxed with Dodo Juice White Diamond wax at least four times a year and after every wash use Lucas Slick Mist speed wax.....cars have always looked stunning and easy to maintain.....far cheaper than GuardX, just requires a bit of elbow grease and commitment lol....

Gonna do another 500 miles this weekend then hit that Sport button woohoo,,......
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 04:21 PM   #37
amarchavda@rocketmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

Hi Mate,

How you getting on with the 230? I am looking at swapping my 6.5" Business Navigation display to a new 8.5" iDrive display. Has anyone done it?

Cheers guys!
Appreciate 0