THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery 2 series allocations

06-11-2018, 11:43 PM   #23
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblaucoupe135 View Post
yeah I just talked to my salesman the other day and got the same story. I have been trying to order one since early May, but sounds like there are no allocations left so it's a 2019 for me too. I don't really care which model year it is except that I've heard the incentives are currently better on the 2018 so that means I'll end up paying more for the same car just cause of the model year, which really sucks!
I hit the jackpot! There was a car mentioned in another thread here that led me to a new 2017 with my four must-haves: RWD, Coupe, Manual, and Sunroof Delete.

With the 6-speed and sunroof delete, I knew that the car was a special order. It turned out that the buyer got tired of waiting, bought something else, and the dealer was stuck with a car that no ordinary buyer would want. It's been on the lot for the past year.

To get it out of there they sold it to me for $10K below MSRP, which is how they have all of their new 2017s priced. It's like the pricing on the pickup trucks I've bought...Xmas in June!

Last edited by dradernh; 06-12-2018 at 12:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 11:07 AM   #24
Vitacura
Ich Liebe mein BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M240i CV, 23 X1

After my dealer received and modified the allocation last night, car went into 150 status today and I have a VIN. Talk about cutting it close, unless the move from Priority 3 (Dealer stock) to Priority 9 (PCD) just bumped it into production.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 07:02 PM   #25
mblaucoupe135
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mblaucoupe135 View Post
yeah I just talked to my salesman the other day and got the same story. I have been trying to order one since early May, but sounds like there are no allocations left so it's a 2019 for me too. I don't really care which model year it is except that I've heard the incentives are currently better on the 2018 so that means I'll end up paying more for the same car just cause of the model year, which really sucks!
I hit the jackpot! There was a car mentioned in another thread here that led me to a new 2017 with my four must-haves: RWD, Coupe, Manual, and Sunroof Delete.

With the 6-speed and sunroof delete, I knew that the car was a special order. It turned out that the buyer got tired of waiting, bought something else, and the dealer was stuck with a car that no ordinary buyer would want. It's been on the lot for the past year.

To get it out of there they sold it to me for $10K below MSRP, which is how they have all of their new 2017s priced. It's like the pricing on the pickup trucks I've bought...Xmas in June!
nice! congrats! sounds like you got a smoking deal!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 12:15 PM   #26
SirSkips
Rep
Drives: Soon-to-be 230

Is anyone aware if there's still an issue with getting an allocation. I went to order a 2-series and the dealer told me there were no 2-series allocations in the US until Feb. 1.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 02:42 PM   #27
Lynx_Rufus
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSkips View Post
Is anyone aware if there's still an issue with getting an allocation. I went to order a 2-series and the dealer told me there were no 2-series allocations in the US until Feb. 1.
That sounds right. 2019 production is ending in Feb. My dealer told me I got one of the last 2019 allocations back in December. M240ix coupe is still in "scheduled for production" status. I hadn't heard when they were going to start the 2020 MY run. Sounds like right away.
Appreciate 0