THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning ECU remaps for M235i

10-24-2014, 05:36 AM   #23
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
i recall how poorly the Versuz performance with supposedly 400+ crank hp did 100-200 few months back... those crank hp numbers were forged for sure.

Just saying that 100-200 or quartermile trap speed says more about performance than converted crank hp numbers.

I rather see stock wheel hp vs tuned wheel hp. Atleast you get a nice view on the delta of the tune!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 05:50 AM   #24
AnooooOH
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhold View Post
I am yet to see 430 crank hp from FBO N55 on regular 98 fuel (us 93 fuel). Since crank hp is converted from wheel hp i am more intrested in wheel hp numbers. And even more so in 0-200kph or 100-200 kph or quartermile results.

Maybe a post 2013 july build N55 with the newer turbo can get 430 crank hp if it runs a heavy ethanol mix or meth. I doubt many germans run around like that. 380/390 crank fbo on 98 seems more reasonable to me.

But both mannhart and acs dont offer real ECU tune, only boxes as far as i am aware.
acs does not offer an ecu tune, that`s right.

manhart can do both. pp performance too.
and some others like ms chiptuning, leib etc.
nothing special anymore.

but most germans go for piggy tunes atm since they are still in warranty.

MANHART MH2 400 Partout
FS: MANHART MHtronik Tuning Box
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showt...5#post18819345
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 05:55 AM   #25
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnooooOH View Post
acs does not offer an ecu tune, that`s right.

manhart can do both. pp performance too.
and some others like ms chiptuning, leib etc.
nothing special anymore.

but most germans go for piggy tunes atm since they are still in warranty.
When I told PP about the mods on my car and asked for a custom tune for it I did not hear back. So if they can flash its just basic map, no custom map. From Mannhart last I heard was still they only offer a box. MS Chiptuning told me in all honesty they could not make me a custom map for my mods, just a map for stock or fbo map (but nothing for my turbo upgrade).

Yes Leib offered me a tune at a ridiculous price (3500 euro for custom map).

So yes I am still waiting on a cost effective option to get a real custom remap for my car. I will run the JB4 on top of the remap for meth injection and for logging (car safety/health).
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 06:16 AM   #26
AnooooOH
Major
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhold View Post
When I told PP about the mods on my car and asked for a custom tune for it I did not hear back. So if they can flash its just basic map, no custom map. From Mannhart last I heard was still they only offer a box. MS Chiptuning told me in all honesty they could not make me a custom map for my mods, just a map for stock or fbo map (but nothing for my turbo upgrade).

Yes Leib offered me a tune at a ridiculous price (3500 euro for custom map).

So yes I am still waiting on a cost effective option to get a real custom remap for my car. I will run the JB4 on top of the remap for meth injection and for logging (car safety/health).
They provide ecu tunes for stock and fbo cars.
upgrade turbos are another thing.

MANHART MH2 400 Partout
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 04:23 PM   #27
chaddy74
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i

As i understand it the ECU is able to except a new updated tune in the first 2000KM or two hours of its running life.... Manhart can flash tune or modify the ECU only within this timeframe. Another way around that is to buy a new ecu have it coded by manhart then installed in the car. Very expensive... and it can only be done in Germany at there factory . but yes its possible. I run the stage 2 manhart and im really happy indeed. For what ever reason they seem to be overlooked around here.... must be the price but you pay for what you get i guess ! i have tried most of the tunes and the Manhart part and full throttle torque curve puts a smile on my face daily.
Quote:
They provide ecu tunes for stock and fbo cars.
upgrade turbos are another thing.

Last edited by chaddy74; 10-24-2014 at 06:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2014, 04:57 AM   #28
AnooooOH
Major
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddy74 View Post
As i understand it the ECU is able to except a new updated tune in the first 2000KM or two hours of its running life.... Manhart can flash tune or modify the ECU only within this timeframe. Another way around that is to buy a new ecu have it coded by manhart then installed in the car. Very expensive... and it can only be done in Germany at there factory . but yes its possible. I run the stage 2 manhart and im really happy indeed. For what ever reason they seem to be overlooked around here.... must be the price but you pay for what you get i guess ! i have tried most of the tunes and the Manhart part and full throttle torque curve puts a smile on my face daily.
First, tuners were only able to tune these ECUs till 10 running hours but that`s past!

I`m with you, I drove the same tune and it felt awesome!

MANHART MH2 400 Partout
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2014, 05:17 AM   #29
chaddy74
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i

Best mod I have installed... I had manhart install a custom map onto the hardware based on my mods.... this resulted in needing to install semi slicks just to get traction !! I guess with time people will work it out ;-) BTW your ride looks the goods !! Well done
Quote:
First, tuners were only able to tune these ECUs till 10 running hours but that`s past!

I`m with you, I drove the same tune and it felt awesome!

Last edited by chaddy74; 10-27-2014 at 02:02 AM..
Appreciate 0