THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum What did you do to your 2 series today?

03-13-2017, 07:31 AM   #595
chemh0ser
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235ix Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenVoX View Post
Installed Autoplus diffuser and did some debadging. Took off spoiler and will be putting CF one on soon.

Man, that diffuser looks great! How's the quality and fitment?
2015 ///M235iX | Mineral Grey | Dakota Black | Premium | Tech | Cold | Driver Ast | HK Sound | Black Kidney Grilles | M-Performance Exhaust | Front Splitter | Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps, Rear Spoiler and Exhaust Finishers

Last edited by chemh0ser; 03-13-2017 at 07:31 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 08:43 AM   #596
p912guy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Installed Autoplus diffuser and did some debadging. Took off spoiler and will be putting CF one on soon.

The CF diffuser looks great. I like color, so I'm not a fan of the black roundel. Oh, and be prepared for some flak from the "M" crowd for your selective debadging. You might end up on this 38 page, and growing, thread http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1052983

I can't say much though since I added the "M" color strips to my MP Black Kidney Grill - again, I like a little color.

Cheers
17 GMC Canyon Denali Long Bed 4x4 (Tailgatin, Haulin & Towin)
various 'one design' sailboats / stinky hockey gear
Appreciate 1
SerenVoX146.00
      03-13-2017, 09:00 AM   #597
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by p912guy View Post
The CF diffuser looks great. I like color, so I'm not a fan of the black roundel. Oh, and be prepared for some flak from the "M" crowd for your selective debadging. You might end up on this 38 page, and growing, thread http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1052983

I can't say much though since I added the "M" color strips to my MP Black Kidney Grill - again, I like a little color.

Cheers
Ha, I was gonna say the same thing. Before the M2 dropped this might have been okay. As an aside, I used to live in Hawaii. Miss it dearly. :'(

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 09:25 AM   #598
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
Ha, I was gonna say the same thing. Before the M2 dropped this might have been okay. As an aside, I used to live in Hawaii. Miss it dearly. :'(
I think it's slightly less douchey given the license plate - that said still not my cup of tea.
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2017, 12:06 PM   #599
SlickShift
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW E90 M3 ZCP, '21 X5 ZMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
I think it's slightly less douchey given the license plate - that said still not my cup of tea.
Exactly my thoughts.
Retired: '00 323i, '06 325Ci, '09 135i, '06 Z4M Roadster, '93 525i, '76 2002, '14 X1, '14 M235i, '16 X4, '16 435i
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 12:06 PM   #600
waxy
Rep
Drives: M235i convertible

Had a repair done on a kerbed wheel
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 02:09 PM   #601
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M235i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemh0ser View Post
Man, that diffuser looks great! How's the quality and fitment?
Quality is 10/10. This a made in Japan and the center is real CF. The painted sides are FRP. Fitment was perfect, it shaped in with no problem and 6 holes lined up perfect. Install time was approximately 10mins start to finish.

Quote:

Cheers
I really appreciate the feedback. So the roundel has the $3 vinyl sticker on it and I can easily remove it. I did all black well because the blue and white dosnt match anything. I'll have red wheels to match the coral interior.

I originally planned to debadge everything because of the plate. So, I am against having the M badgeing if you don't drive a true M car but felt it was ok to leave it since it came on the car... my other thought was that I have the same engine as an m2 and plan on fiting some m2 parts on the car in the future so why not have it on..All feedback is welcome because I am on the fence about it and respect the M culture if it's a no no even on our cars.. I also thought it would be funny to troll the m2s but just joking tho.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 02:50 PM   #602
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Hell as much I loathe fake ///M I did have these made for me and dad for inside the door frame with all the other stickers. It can't be seen and thought it was more fun than a normal monogram.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-13-2017, 02:51 PM   #603
p912guy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Convertible

Garage List
SerenVoX, it's your car. Do whatever makes you happy. You've got no chance at getting a thumbs up from everyone, as there will always be haters and detractors for whatever reason. Some will love it and others won't. You're the only critic that counts.

Cheers
17 GMC Canyon Denali Long Bed 4x4 (Tailgatin, Haulin & Towin)
various 'one design' sailboats / stinky hockey gear
Appreciate 1
SerenVoX146.00
      03-13-2017, 02:56 PM   #604
SCCThree
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 Competition

Over the weekend I had Llumar platinum PPF clear bra installed. Did a front partial which is everything from the front back about 3 feet plus the mirrors. Cost about $1400.

Formula One Pinnacle scheduled for next weekend.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 03:59 PM   #605
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
SerenVoX, it's your car. Do whatever makes you happy. You've got no chance at getting a thumbs up from everyone, as there will always be haters and detractors for whatever reason. Some will love it and others won't. You're the only critic that counts.

Cheers
That's exactly what some of my BMW friend's stated. While it is my ride I still want other BMW enthusiasts to appreciate it as well.
I'm just confused why some may think it's douchy when the car comes standard with the M badgeing.. I know it's not an M2 but it's also not like I retro fitted the M.. To me the car is the M2 little brother. These are just my initial thoughts and def can be happy with it off too. I mean the engine cover has an M power logo and that was done by BMW, would that be douchy as well?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 05:02 PM   #606
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenVoX
Quote:

Cheers
That's exactly what some of my BMW friend's stated. While it is my ride I still want other BMW enthusiasts to appreciate it as well.
I'm just confused why some may think it's douchy when the car comes standard with the M badgeing.. I know it's not an M2 but it's also not like I retro fitted the M.. To me the car is the M2 little brother. These are just my initial thoughts and def can be happy with it off too. I mean the engine cover has an M power logo and that was done by BMW, would that be douchy as well?
The issue is when you start modifying badging that folks will not see eye to eye with you. M Performance is fine as is, remove the Performance not so much. Rear badge all meant to be one thing. At least you didn't commit the cardinal sin of removing the 35 and leave the 2.

Really whatever you want it's your car. But if you want to avoid dirty looks least to most douchey would be:

235 eliminate M. Never seen this done but think would be contrarian and cool.

Stock badge or debadge if you have 235 or 240

Debadge 228 or 230 as some may assume you want to appear as having bigger engine

Just M as you have it

M2 eliminate 35. Punishable by death.

Like I said since you have the license plate I think that lessens the sting quite a bit. Do whatever the hell makes you happy just seems like you're interested in how it will be perceived. Take into account that less than 0.00001% of people on the face of the earth will even notice or care.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 05:05 PM   #607
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
BMW made the car an "M235i" for a reason, because it's an M-variant. If it wasn't, my vehicle's ownership would say 235i and my order sheet would specify " M-Sport Package" similar to the 335/435's. It's nothing new, and it's not going to end any time soon, but the haters will always hate, especially when they over paid for performance . My good friend has the M4 and even says that this little car (my 235) is definitely miles ahead of his e46 m3, and any other M-sport that's available. This same M4 owner stated that for the money he'd prefer to have what we have, but he's a big dude and needs his leg room. That said, its still a very unique car, and don't let the M2/3/4 guys tell you any different.

m235i, m240i, m550i, m760li, X5m, etc.. I don't know why people are still so bent that BMW makes these variants. They provide the balance of performance and driveability to satisfy people who want 80% M car, and 20% commuter car. It fills the void between the Base model series, and the Full "M" series. It's really not that hard to articulate, but it seems like people are fogged out by the fact that it's not a "true" M car. It's not a true "M" car no, and that's exactly why people DO buy them!

Rant over.

Last edited by Dylan86; 03-13-2017 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: more ranting
Appreciate 2
RotorOver295.50
harma24402.50
      03-13-2017, 05:15 PM   #608
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

I'd run the rear badges 2 ways, either fully de-badged, or as it came. Any other way, is going to get the "M-car" owners pretty riled up. In any case, who gives a shit, it is what it is, and it is what you want it to be, f'em.

D
      03-13-2017, 05:34 PM   #609
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
The issue is when you start modifying badging that folks will not see eye to eye with you. M Performance is fine as is, remove the Performance not so much. Rear badge all meant to be one thing. At least you didn't commit the cardinal sin of removing the 35 and leave the 2.

Really whatever you want it's your car. But if you want to avoid dirty looks least to most douchey would be:

235 eliminate M. Never seen this done but think would be contrarian and cool.

Stock badge or debadge if you have 235 or 240

Debadge 228 or 230 as some may assume you want to appear as having bigger engine

Just M as you have it

M2 eliminate 35. Punishable by death.

Like I said since you have the license plate I think that lessens the sting quite a bit. Do whatever the hell makes you happy just seems like you're interested in how it will be perceived. Take into account that less than 0.00001% of people on the face of the earth will even notice or care.
I am interested as how it will be perceived because I want to see eye to eye with other BMW enthusiasts. I see you stated its about modifying the badge altogether that is a no no . But then you say it could be cool to remove just the M..

In regaurds to the order listed I can't understand why another BMW enrhuaust would give a stink with just the M badge when this is an M235i. To me it's no different then removing the 2 on an M2, still an M2 but it's ok because it's a true M?

In conclusion if it's altering anything badge wise that's frowned upon then I understand. However if it the true M culture that frowns upon it, then I'm just trying to see eye to eye with them if it's an M235i which come with the M badge. Not a 235i msport package with M badge added which wouldn't be right.

Honestly I'm just playing devils advocate here to help better understand the culture. At the end of the day I debadged the car because of the plate but left the M cause I thought ot was cool. When I get a new plate (moving soon) I'll probably buy the IND M235i badge.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 05:45 PM   #610
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
I'd run the rear badges 2 ways, either fully de-badged, or as it came. Any other way, is going to get the "M-car" owners pretty riled up. In any case, who gives a shit, it is what it is, and it is what you want it to be, f'em.

D
Solid points Dylan. If I could afford an true M car I would but the M235i was in my budget and offers plenty or performance!

All the M talk aside I debadged the xdrive so people wouldn't know I'm AWD I know it's stupid but hey it's funny to me and that make me happy enough to do it.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 09:56 PM   #611
Deutsche-Broke
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Hell as much I loathe fake ///M I did have these made for me and dad for inside the door frame with all the other stickers. It can't be seen and thought it was more fun than a normal monogram.
Quite possibly the best use of personalized, "Badging" that I have heard of...

Also couldn't think of a better gift to a family member..

When I had my E82, I was tired of answering questions from the, "Tipsy Winery" crowd as to what is was, lack of child seats and why it didn't have more doors, and promptly, "de-badged it".

I eventually mailed them to my Dad with extra double sided tape who put them on a 2006 Chevy Equinox. He thought it was hilarious.

I still get e-mails from him about the reactions.. He gets at least one a month..

The vanity surrounding this brand is hilarious and makes me laugh quite often..

Last edited by Deutsche-Broke; 03-13-2017 at 10:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 07:05 AM   #612
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am interested as how it will be perceived because I want to see eye to eye with other BMW enthusiasts. I see you stated its about modifying the badge altogether that is a no no . But then you say it could be cool to remove just the M..

In regaurds to the order listed I can't understand why another BMW enrhuaust would give a stink with just the M badge when this is an M235i. To me it's no different then removing the 2 on an M2, still an M2 but it's ok because it's a true M?

In conclusion if it's altering anything badge wise that's frowned upon then I understand. However if it the true M culture that frowns upon it, then I'm just trying to see eye to eye with them if it's an M235i which come with the M badge. Not a 235i msport package with M badge added which wouldn't be right.

Honestly I'm just playing devils advocate here to help better understand the culture. At the end of the day I debadged the car because of the plate but left the M cause I thought ot was cool. When I get a new plate (moving soon) I'll probably buy the IND M235i badge.
I saw an E90 328 with an M badge this morning and thought of this thread. On that car it was super silly since it doesn't even "come" with an M badge. Also, he removed the 328. :/

My only issue with your badging is that the ///M is just kind of floating out there. I had to take a look at my car for a second because the ///M by itself is so low and moved towards the inside of the car. It just looks off where you kept it. My second issue is that if you're going to go with a black roundel then you should also go with a black ///M. Especially considering the cf diffuser (sweet, btw!), black license frame and blacked out reflectors. It's your car though, so do what you like.

That aside, do ppl still street race? I used to love going out at midnight on hitting the empty roads looking for a race. Yes, it's stupid, but I was in my late teens and early 20's lol.

Build thread
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 08:07 AM   #613
brunoranger
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M240i

I wouldn't debadge this or add any unnecessary M logos to the car. However, I wouldn't really pay much attention to an M owner talking down to us about the car either. It was made this way by BMW. It is the 'M' performance line, not a straight out M2. With that being said, there is video evidence that stock vs stock there is little difference between the 2 cars and also there is evidence that our car may even be faster on the top end than an M2.

So.......
      03-14-2017, 08:14 AM   #614
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunoranger View Post
I wouldn't debadge this or add any unnecessary M logos to the car. However, I wouldn't really pay much attention to an M owner talking down to us about the car either. It was made this way by BMW. It is the 'M' performance line, not a straight out M2. With that being said, there is video evidence that stock vs stock there is little difference between the 2 cars and also there is evidence that our car may even be faster on the top end than an M2.

So.......
I'm about to install an AA8 tune on mine. I wonder if I should rebadge it to ///M+

Build thread
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 02:12 PM   #615
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
I saw an E90 328 with an M badge this morning and thought of this thread. On that car it was super silly since it doesn't even "come" with an M badge. Also, he removed the 328. :/

My only issue with your badging is that the ///M is just kind of floating out there. I had to take a look at my car for a second because the ///M by itself is so low and moved towards the inside of the car. It just looks off where you kept it. My second issue is that if you're going to go with a black roundel then you should also go with a black ///M. Especially considering the cf diffuser (sweet, btw!), black license frame and blacked out reflectors. It's your car though, so do what you like.

That aside, do ppl still street race? I used to love going out at midnight on hitting the empty roads looking for a race. Yes, it's stupid, but I was in my late teens and early 20's lol.
Yea I think I'll make M black because my 235i was all black before I debadged it and it really looked good with the roundel.

But yea they def have the midnight runs, 30 to 80 cars on average weekly. No track on the island so it's the only way unfortunately. Honestly tho I can't wait to get off island, only 92 pump here and no tracks. If your not a local good luck getting any respect from the club's on scene.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 09:57 PM   #616
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Yea I think I'll make M black because my 235i was all black before I debadged it and it really looked good with the roundel.

But yea they def have the midnight runs, 30 to 80 cars on average weekly. No track on the island so it's the only way unfortunately. Honestly tho I can't wait to get off island, only 92 pump here and no tracks. If your not a local good luck getting any respect from the club's on scene.
Lol, not much has changed then. Luckily I was local.
Appreciate 0